PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Caps/Lightning game tomorrow

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
with my brothers and my dad. One of my brothers gave us all tickets as a Christmas gift.

The Lightning suck but I'm sure St Louis and Lecavalier will be fun to watch, plus Ovechkin. Of course, I want the Caps to lose, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Since they started winning, a lot of drunks with nothing better to do pose as Caps fans.

Bufftp
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Could you root for Washington while at the game?

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Could you root for Washington while at the game?

Nah. First of all, the Sabres are 7 points behind them and have two tough games coming up, so it's better for the Sabres if they lose.

Second, I have zero respect for Caps "fans." For the first 5 or 6 years I lived here, no one cared about the Caps. Their arena would be at about 50% capacity on weekdays and maybe 2/3 capacity on weekends. When the Sabres were in town, I used to buy tickets from season ticket holders for less than face value. And I NEVER saw people wearing Caps merch just around town. But since Ovechkin and the unlikely run to make the playoffs in 07-08, the city is suddenly full of Caps "fans." The arena is full of people wearing brand new Caps merch every night. It just bothers me. Of course, every team is going to be more popular when they are winning than when they are losing, but the Caps "fans" take it to a ridiculous level.

Bufftp
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Nah. First of all, the Sabres are 7 points behind them and have two tough games coming up, so it's better for the Sabres if they lose.

That's the point. If you are rooting for the caps they will lose. The OpIv37 sports curse.

SabreEleven
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Make sure you are the guy who wear's the jersey of a team that isn't playing.

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Make sure you are the guy who wear's the jersey of a team that isn't playing.
Ha, didn't do that. I went with a bills throwback t (no one here recognizes it anyway) and dropkick murphys hat.

Slim
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Well, the Caps won..

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
with my brothers and my dad. One of my brothers gave us all tickets as a Christmas gift.

The Lightning suck but I'm sure St Louis and Lecavalier will be fun to watch, plus Ovechkin. Of course, I want the Caps to lose, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Since they started winning, a lot of drunks with nothing better to do pose as Caps fans.
I almost kicked this douchebag Caps fans ass in Washington a couple years back when I went to a game there. It was the last game of the regular season and Connollys first game back of the year.

OpIv37
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I almost kicked this douchebag Caps fans ass in Washington a couple years back when I went to a game there. It was the last game of the regular season and Connollys first game back of the year.

dude I was at that game too. I forgot Connolly was going to play and I remember thinking "Where the hell did that #19 come from? He's pretty damn good."

And that was back when the Caps sucked, before the douchebaggery really started.