PDA

View Full Version : George Cortez & Kyle Boller

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
If George Cortez is confirmed at QB coach I wonder if an interesting FA pick up at QB might be Kyle Boller who is a free agent.

Boller had a decent sophmore season after being drafted but his career has flagged since then.

However it was Cortez who developed both Boller and Aaron Rogers into first round picks at Cal and I wonder if a familiar face and a decent OL might turn Boller into a serviceable QB for a couple of seasons to keep us competitive whilst other needs are dealt with.

TedMock
01-31-2010, 06:56 AM
I certainly understand the logic here, but in my honest opinion Boller = Losman. Similar strengths and weaknesses. Similar career situations and similar results. Both guys have strong arms and both are very athletic. Both were very inconsistent, both were in and out of lineups because of that, and both had one promising year. Both played with mediocre overall offensive talent around them (both had 1 or 2 legit guys on the same side of the ball) and both had the advantage of a good defense putting them in decent situations during their best year.

Night Train
01-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Let's get Rodgers instead. :up:

Regardless, a vet backup or Brohm should get some good coaching, with Cortez and Gailey.

Nighthawk
01-31-2010, 07:37 AM
If George Cortez is confirmed at QB coach I wonder if an interesting FA pick up at QB might be Kyle Boller who is a free agent.

Boller had a decent sophmore season after being drafted but his career has flagged since then.

However it was Cortez who developed both Boller and Aaron Rogers into first round picks at Cal and I wonder if a familiar face and a decent OL might turn Boller into a serviceable QB for a couple of seasons to keep us competitive whilst other needs are dealt with.

No, Boller is not very good...that would be a horrible mistake.

Ickybaluky
01-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Boller's problem has always been accuracy. You get all different types of QBs, but no matter they all have to be accurate throwing the ball. Boller has never been accurate, even in college.

Mr. Pink
01-31-2010, 09:57 AM
We already had Boller...JP and Boller are the same QB.

Why would we do something that's a step backward?

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm convinced Trent Edwards will never be an NFL caliber starter and I think Brohm's NFL prospects are slim to none as well, but I'd rather stick with them than pick up Boller. This would be an incredibly dumb move.

Jeff1220
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Boller is marginally better than Losman, but still :puke:

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
But Boller can throw the ball 70 yds from his knees.

hydro
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
But Boller can throw the ball 70 yds from his knees.
[ ]Cares
[X]Doesn't Care