• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Toronto group bidding on Rams

One of 3 groups bidding to buy the Rams is from Toronto:

LINK

Multiple sources tell me that another group has strong ties to Toronto, which should concern those who want to see the Rams remain in St. Louis.
    One has to think that if the Rams were to move to Toronto it would effect the Bills.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 01-31-2010, 07:53 AM.

Re: Toronto group bidding on Rams

Originally posted by NE39

LINK

One has to think that if the Rams were to move to Toronto it would effect the Bills.
    If Kroenke wanted to buy Arsenal FC, I think he would need to cash out his 40% as it may cost him up to $700m to do so.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

If it has any chance of happening the question now is ... how does this affect the Bills ability to stay in the region

and who do we kick out of the AFC East to accomodate Toronto.

My guess is Buh Bye Miami...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Buffalo has the Toronto market covered. I don't see the NFL allowing this, especially when we play 1-2 home games per year there.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Interesting... as much as we have come to rely on So. Ontario as part of our fan base, if something like this did happen, I would think it would be beneficial to the Bills staying in Buffalo. We could still support the team with a neighbor in TO, although it may be harder to sell out every game. I don't see this as an alternative path to force a Bills move though... putting a team in TO would not be so damaging that we were forced to move to LA. Not unless Ralph sells to the highest bidder and the league does nothing to protect us from leaving. Still... I doubt the TO bid wins out in the Rams case.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NE39
            LINK
            Not to take the negative route but it could be a start of remapping the NFL, with the Bills and a few other teams smply being dropped.

If the Revenue Sharing issue is indeed a hot topic, as rumored, then that could be the final straw for Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cinci, Oakland and maybe a couple others.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong but the rich boys club is dead against any future revenue sharing and I'm not impressed with Roger Godell at all. He's been a terrible commish and will just go along with it. Look at the " Who Dat " issue in New Orleans. Just incredible how bad that looks.

The NFL is completely focused on $$ over the greater good of all and will claw for every $$ they can grab. It's a corportate favoring sport for large markets only. Screw the blue collar fan.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I don't see teams co-existing in Toronto and Buffalo.

Interesting that LA isn't part of the mix...kind of shows that they are mostly bluster with very little balls, passing on an opportunity to bring 'their' team back into the fold just sitting there for them to scoop up.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• eee1776
                • Jul 2005

I don't see this happening, although if it did we would lose about 25% of our season tickets holders about 16,000 season tickets. More importantly some luxury seats which the Bills count on for revenue.

The bills need that toronto market share to viable in there market.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                  Interesting that LA isn't part of the mix...kind of shows that they are mostly bluster with very little balls, passing on an opportunity to bring 'their' team back into the fold just sitting there for them to scoop up.
                  People keep forgetting that Al Davis still has territorial rights for LA. You want a team there, you must deal with the bat**** loon.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                    People keep forgetting that Al Davis still has territorial rights for LA. You want a team there, you must deal with the bat**** loon.
                    Good point, but whoever wants to bring a team to LA is going to have to deal with Davis regardless of whether the current team involved is Buffalo, Jacksonville, St Louis or somebody else, now or in the future.

LA has an opportunity to 'man-up' staring them in the face, and they are passing on it.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
                      Interesting... as much as we have come to rely on So. Ontario as part of our fan base, if something like this did happen, I would think it would be beneficial to the Bills staying in Buffalo. We could still support the team with a neighbor in TO, although it may be harder to sell out every game. I don't see this as an alternative path to force a Bills move though... putting a team in TO would not be so damaging that we were forced to move to LA. Not unless Ralph sells to the highest bidder and the league does nothing to protect us from leaving. Still... I doubt the TO bid wins out in the Rams case.
                      the area can barely support one NFL franchise, let alone 2. If the NFL put a team in Toronto, either the Buffalo or the Toronto franchise would be doomed to fail. There is a reason why the Bills promote themselves regionally in Rochester, Syracuse, Southern Ontario, etc- Buffalo proper isn't strong enough to support a team.

While the Bills have the history, Toronto is a larger and more affluent city, and would likely win out over time.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                        • Jan 2010

if they brought a team to toronto that might hurt the bills more than people think....all the toronto fans and southern ontario fans might cheer for them

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

"affect"

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I think if you re-align the divisions better you could make this work without much issue.

not all Southern Ontario fans are going to change allegiances.

I could see a Cleveland, Buffalo Toronto, New England AFC East. then you would almost guarentee fans traveling to all of these cities helping all teams in the division remain fruitful.

but nothing changes one fact. If the Bills are going to compete from this day forward they have to start pricing their tickets accordingly and selling naming rights along side of all the other tricks they are doing to generate revenue.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I think if you re-align the divisions better you could make this work without much issue.

not all Southern Ontario fans are going to change allegiances.

I could see a Cleveland, Buffalo Toronto, New England AFC East. then you would almost guarentee fans traveling to all of these cities helping all teams in the division remain fruitful.

but nothing changes one fact. If the Bills are going to compete from this day forward they have to start pricing their tickets accordingly and selling naming rights along side of all the other tricks they are doing to generate revenue.

Pittsburgh, Toronto, cleveland, Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                              X