PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see this?

X-Era
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2107

ESPN Insider basically said that Bills sources are saying we will consider him to be our starter.

6th or 7th rounder for him? Thats an easy one to me.

T-Long
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Absolutely. Get it done ASAP.

OpIv37
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I heard a 5th. But a bag of used jock straps is too much for him. The guy is not a real NFL qb.

RockStar36
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd say he is better than what we have and what we can get in the draft.

Jaybird
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
make the move

X-Era
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
I heard a 5th. But a bag of used jock straps is too much for him. The guy is not a real NFL qb.

Is he better than a QB we could get in rounds 6 or 7?

Thats easy.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone know when trades can begin? I don't think its now, I think its after FA starts... March 5th?

Anyone know?

T-Long
01-31-2010, 11:07 AM
I think it starts with free agency as well...but isn't Vick due a bonus by then? He for sure will be cut before that date....so there must be a way to trade for him before that.

YardRat
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Pretty sure it coincides with the start of FA.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Id prefer Bradford... but if Chan can somehow teach Vick how to accurately throw a football... i guess im on board

YardRat
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
I think it starts with free agency as well...but isn't Vick due a bonus by then? He for sure will be cut before that date....so there must be a way to trade for him before that.

No way in hell I pull the trigger if the bonus comes along as part of the deal.

Let the Eagles eat it, or take your chances signing him after he is cut.

Michael82
01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
**** No! I don't want the overrated scumbag on my team! :mad:

T-Long
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
**** No! I don't want the overrated scumbag on my team! :mad:
Come on Mikey...we all know that if he lights it up on opening day, you will be the first in line to get his jersey. Admit it!! haha

T-Long
01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling that if we do indeed trade for Vick or sign him after being cut...I could see T.O. wanting to come back as well. He will realize the offense will be much more improved and the Bills will go LT at #9.

I know the majority of people don't want him back, I was just thinking that it could happen if Vick comes here.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2010, 11:42 AM
trade for vick, draft bulaga and cody. super bowl!!!!!!!!

Michael82
01-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Come on Mikey...we all know that if he lights it up on opening day, you will be the first in line to get his jersey. Admit it!! haha

Nope. I refused to buy a T.O. jersey because I never really liked him much either. I cheered for him when he was on the team, but I didn't go out and buy his stuff. Also, I don't own a Rob Johnson or even a Trent Edwards jersey. I wouldn't even think of buying a jersey of that dog killing scumbag! :ill: :puke:

Joe Fo Sho
01-31-2010, 11:52 AM
BRING HIM IN!!!

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
trade for vick, draft bulaga and cody. super bowl!!!!!!!!

Why Cody? We need a linebacker more, Stroud & Williams are both good players.

psubills62
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
No thank you to Vick. I'd rather draft Jarrett Brown or Dan Lefevour, both good runners and good passers.

shelby
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Holy :shelby:

feldspar
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL, I like how they call him a "mobile QB." Is that Greek for running QB? His best year saw him completing 56% of his passes...his BEST year. That said, he may just be the Bills' best option this year; the only two QBs worth taking in the top ten are Claussen and Bradford. If they don't fall to us, we'll have to go free agency unless we trade up, which I don't think we should. If we get Vick, it had better not be for a long term deal. He could make a good stop-gap while we rebuild the lines a bit, though, if that's doable.

I've always said that Vick is at his best in an atmosphere of chaos; that is, when plays break down and nobody knows what he is going to do, including himself. That sounds like a good fit for the current Bills, until we can get things squared away in other areas...if we can ever get it right. He might be one of the few QBs that can survive behind this o-line. We need a Center and LT at the very least, not to mention depth. I wonder if they are ever going to move Wood to Center. I wonder how Incognito is going to do. It'll help to have Butler back.

I wouldn't cry if things worked out where we got Vick for a short time. At least it would be interesting. Then again, a lot of people will always hate him for what he did. Personally, I forgive him.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Why would they keep him? Keeping Michael Vick makes no sense to the Philadelphia Eagles, he is due a 4-5 million dollar roster bonus so it would be wise if Philly just executed their option to release him.

Ingtar33
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
I have a feeling that if we do indeed trade for Vick or sign him after being cut...I could see T.O. wanting to come back as well. He will realize the offense will be much more improved and the Bills will go LT at #9.

wishful thinking.

the one constant of Vicks whole career is he CAN'T get the ball to his WRs. TO would run for the hills and Evans would probably demand a trade if we went for Vick.

BTW: the rams want him too.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I'd rather have Losman back than have a killer on this team.

Cntrygal
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM

I know the majority of people don't want him back, I was just thinking that it could happen if Vick comes here.

And why would T.O be excited about a guy that made his reputation as a RB disquised as a QB?

Jeff1220
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
...and so, the draft posturing, misinformation, and spin begins.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd rather have Losman back than have a killer on this team.

You act like dog fighting is a new concept, some people are such pusses.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM

Like yourself?

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Like yourself?

He lost a hundred million dollars, what else do you want from the man?

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Dog fighting is reality. Its not a "CONCEPT." Bring it. :bringit:

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
He lost a hundred million dollars, what else do you want from the man?

Unemployment line like thousands of other Americans out there. If you or I committed this crime, we'd be out of a job. Why should he be an exception? Cuz he's an african american celebrity athlete? Thats how OJ was found innocent. Our legal systems a joke.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Unemployment line like thousands of other Americans out there. If you or I committed this crime, we'd be out of a job. Why should he be an exception? Cuz he's an african american celebrity athlete? Thats how OJ was found innocent. Our legal systems a joke.

Why would you or I be out of a job if we did this? Some employer down the line would likely give us another shot, but if you want to talk about animal rights, then you need to take a look at what's going on in China, they skin dogs alive over there for their coats. This is a screwed up world we live in, but to me, the life of a human being is worth more than an animal, he's paid his dues and plus he could help us win some football games, plus, I love redemption stories.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
There are TONS of good innocent people out there that did NOTHING wrong, but lost their jobs because our economy's ***. Then theres scumbags like Vick who get a second chance to make millions of dollars again straight out of prison. Yea. That sounds about right.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Why would you or I be out of a job if we did this? Some employer down the line would likely give us another shot, but if you want to talk about animal rights, then you need to take a look at what's going on in China, they skin dogs alive over there for their coats. This is a screwed up world we live in, but to me, the life of a human being is worth more than an animal, he's paid his dues and plus he could help us win some football games, plus, I love redemption stories.

You really think you'd be making the same amount of cash at the same level at your new job with those kinda records looming over your head? You're on something. This isn't China. We live in the USA. Just a friendly reminder. I don't care what those people do overseas.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
There are TONS of good innocent people out there that did NOTHING wrong, but lost their jobs because our economy's ***. Then theres scumbags like Vick who get a second chance to make millions of dollars again straight out of prison. Yea. That sounds about right.

You act like he won the lottery and like he didn't work hard for where he had gotten before the incident, so why should all his hard work be forgotten? Btw, please don't act like you've never done anything wrong, we all have. There are scumbags out there worst than Vick, there are child rapists, murderers, thieves and other connivers who get away with all sorts of things and when they DO get busted, the chances are that they don't have a posse of cameras following them around showing their faces on tv for the world to see.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
You really think you'd be making the same amount of cash at the same level at your new job with those kinda records looming over your head? You're on something. This isn't China. We live in the USA. Just a friendly reminder. I don't care what those people do overseas.

When you keep punishing somebody after they've paid their dues, YOU become the sadist.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:36 PM
You act like he won the lottery and like he didn't work hard for where he had gotten before the incident, so why should all his hard work be forgotten? Btw, please don't act like you've never done anything wrong, we all have. There are scumbags out there worst than Vick, there are child rapists, murderers, thieves and other connivers who get away with all sorts of things and when they DO get busted, the chances are that they don't have a posse of cameras following them around showing their faces on tv for the world to see.

I've never done anything wrong. I'm a fckin SAINT. If he had worked hard for what he got, he'd be a better QB than he ever was. He didn't "work" for what he got. He just flew by on his natural abilities. Thats why he NEVER improved as a passer. He never improved as a QB. Thats why he'll always be known as being the black quarterback that couldnt throw worth of *** and killed animals. Thats his legacy now. If he worked for what he got, he'd be a much better QB. Don't even give me that ******* of working hard. You think he worked hard? So gullible and naive.

The fact that you are defending a scumbag like Vick shows the kinda person you really are. And i feel sorry for people like yourself.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
When you keep punishing somebody after they've paid their dues, YOU become the sadist.

He didnt pay his dues. His sentence was a joke. You defended OJ too?

Crazygoo
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
I would say that we should grab him. He is better then anything we have now

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM

He went to prison for a year, he lost 100 million dollars, he lost his mansion and to top it off he had his face shown all over the world for his atrocities, now there are millions of people out there who probably let Vick hear about how they feel every time they see him.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:42 PM
I've never done anything wrong. I'm a fckin SAINT. If he had worked hard for what he got, he'd be a better QB than he ever was. He didn't "work" for what he got. He just flew by on his natural abilities. Thats why he NEVER improved as a passer. He never improved as a QB. Thats why he'll always be known as being the black quarterback that couldnt throw worth of *** and killed animals. Thats his legacy now. If he worked for what he got, he'd be a much better QB. Don't even give me that ******* of working hard. You think he worked hard? So gullible and naive.

The fact that you are defending a scumbag like Vick shows the kinda person you really are. And i feel sorry for people like yourself.

To say he never worked hard is completely ignorant. This dude has been practicing probably since he was 7-8 years old, going to football practices for 2 hours, 5 times a week, not to mention he went to college as a student athlete, busting his ass to get drafted 1st overall ahead of the most elite athletes in the world. So gullible and naive? The truth is, Vick has worked harder than you and I, probably even this entire message board too.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
He went to prison for a year, he lost 100 million dollars, he lost his mansion and to top it off he had his face shown all over the world for his atrocities, now there are millions of people out there who probably let Vick hear about how they feel every time they see him.

Nope it wasnt enough sorry. Shouldve stayed in prison for at least 2 years and been suspended from the NFL indefinately.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Nope it wasnt enough sorry. Shouldve stayed in prison for at least 2 years and been suspended from the NFL indefinately.

You're right, a lifetime of hard work should all be forgotten and erased over one mistake.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
To say he never worked hard is completely ignorant. This dude has been practicing probably since he was 7-8 years old, going to football practices for 2 hours, 5 times a week, not to mention he went to college as a student athlete, busting his ass to get drafted 1st overall ahead of the most elite athletes in the world. So gullible and naive? The truth is, Vick has worked harder than you and I, probably even this entire message board too.

And just because he went to practice since he was 7-8 makes him a legiitimate hard worker? I know football players in the NFL that didnt even play football till they were a junior or senior in high school. Thats hard work. The fact that he's played football for that long and STILL SUCKS at playing QB shows me he hasnt worked hard. He hasnt studied film or try to improve himself as a passing QB. HARD WORKERS improve their game. Vicks NEVER improved.

You're a joke. You know what got him the 1st overall position? HIS 40 YD DASH TIME. That 40 yd time can bump a player up a whole round. You honestly think the Falcons wouldve drafted him if he had ran a 4.7 or a 4.8? You think hard work got him that 4.3 time? No. It was his athletic abilities that got him drafted number one. not his "hard work."

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
And just because he went to practice since he was 7-8 makes him a legiitimate hard worker? I know football players in the NFL that didnt even play football till they were a junior or senior in high school. Thats hard work. The fact that he's played football for that long and STILL SUCKS at playing QB shows me he hasnt worked hard. He hasnt studied film or try to improve himself as a passing QB. HARD WORKERS improve their game. Vicks NEVER improved.

You're a joke. You know what got him the 1st overall position? HIS 40 YD DASH TIME. That 40 yd time can bump a player up a whole round. You honestly think the Falcons wouldve drafted him if he had ran a 4.7 or a 4.8? You think hard work got him that 4.3 time? No. It was his athletic abilities that got him drafted number one. not his "hard work."

I may be a joke, but you're clearly racist.

Yes, 2 hour long practices since adolescence through adulthood is TOUGH work. Have you not watched the news at all lately? Do you know what football players go through? They've dissected the brains of ex-NFL players who died young, and some of them had the brains of 80 year old men, and these brains came from 45 year olds.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
I may be a joke, but you're clearly racist.

Yes, 2 hour long practices since adolescence through adulthood is TOUGH work. Have you not watched the news at all lately? Do you know what football players go through? They've dissected the brains of ex-NFL players who died young, and some of them had the brains of 80 year old men, and these brains came from 45 year olds.

How am i racist? You calling me a racist now cuz you clearly have no more argument? Like i said I;'ve played the game my whole life but i never was as athletically gifted as he was. If it wasnt for my hard work i wouldnt have even played college ball.

So i guess all NFL players are Einsteins. Even the ones who did poorly on the wonderlic?

X-Era
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM

1) Vick has a block for a brain and made a stupid mistake. He paid his crime to society, should his employer hold an even more punitive sentence? No.

2) Vick has one of the strongest arms out there, and can make very pretty throws at times.

3) Vick makes poor decisions at times.

4) Vick is the most deadly runner at QB in the NFL IMO.

5) His combination of arm, running ability, and experience make him a better option than anyone on our roster currently, and anyone we could find with the 6th or 7th round pick it may cost to get him.

He can make us better day one, and possibly allow us to develop our future franchise guy without throwing away the next few years.

Its a good option and I think the Bills are wise to pursue it.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
There are players who got here on HARD WORK. Then there are players like Vick and Jamarcus Russell who get here on just freakish athletic abilities. This is what separates the Vicks from the Peyton Mannings.

I guess in your mind Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell worked their azzes off to get to the NFL too? Man. They mustve worked SOOO hard.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
How am i racist? You calling me a racist now cuz you clearly have no more argument? Like i said I;'ve played the game my whole life but i never was as athletically gifted as he was. If it wasnt for my hard work i wouldnt have even played college ball.

So i guess all NFL players are Einsteins. Even the ones who did poorly on the wonderlic?

Ever think that maybe you didn't work as hard as Vick did? Would that be possible, Mr. Anointed one? Being a student athlete is difficult work, not only are you taking classes that really require effort, but you are also training as an elite athlete. Plus, why do you skip over the physical abuse that he has been subjected to? That isn't hard work to you? Playing football is a lot like taking too many hits in boxing, many of these guys don't last to 50 and some of them end up like Mohamed Ali.

Face it, you got out worked by a black man and now you're jealous.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
There are players who got here on HARD WORK. Then there are players like Vick and Jamarcus Russell who get here on just freakish athletic abilities. This is what separates the Vicks from the Peyton Mannings.

I guess in your mind Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell worked their azzes off to get to the NFL too? Man. They mustve worked SOOO hard.

Im not saying Vick is our franchise QB. Im saying we still need one even if Vick comes on board. I'm simply saying that Vick is a much better option than Edwards or Fitz... I don't even think its close to be honest. But all we need? No.

Id like Vick, Brohm, and a draftee.

Personally, I don't ever want to see Edwards or Fitz in a Bills uni again.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
My sources tell me there is a 50/50 chance that Vick will be on the Bills next year.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
1) Vick has a block for a brain and made a stupid mistake. He paid his crime to society, should his employer hold an even more punitive sentence? No.

2) Vick has one of the strongest arms out there, and can make very pretty throws at times.

3) Vick makes poor decisions at times.

4) Vick is the most deadly runner at QB in the NFL IMO.

5) His combination of arm, running ability, and experience make him a better option than anyone on our roster currently, and anyone we could find with the 6th or 7th round pick it may cost to get him.

He can make us better day one, and possibly allow us to develop our future franchise guy without throwing away the next few years.

Its a good option and I think the Bills are wise to pursue it.

1) Vick's sentence was a joke. 1year in person and half a season suspension? Give me a break.

2) Vick has a strong arm? So does Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller so what's your point?

4) Vick WAS a deadly runner but he's playing QB. Not RB. He should be making plays with his arms first and legs second. He isnt the same runner he once was. He didnt make any plays in the wildcat formation when he was in Philly.

ByrdsTheWord
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Im not saying Vick is our franchise QB. Im saying we still need one even if Vick comes on board. I'm simply saying that Vick is a much better option than Edwards or Fitz... I don't even think its close to be honest. But all we need? No.

Id like Vick, Brohm, and a draftee.

Personally, I don't ever want to see Edwards or Fitz in a Bills uni again.

Theres SOO many other QBs out there that i'd take over Vick. Yes we need another QB but i'd like one that can actually THROW the ball. Throw the ball WELL.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
1) Vick's sentence was a joke. 1year in person and half a season suspension? Give me a break.

2) Vick has a strong arm? So does Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller so what's your point?

4) Vick WAS a deadly runner but he's playing QB. Not RB. He should be making plays with his arms first and legs second. He isnt the same runner he once was. He didnt make any plays in the wildcat formation when he was in Philly.

Lets assume for a second that your assessment of Vick is accurate.

Is he or is he not still better than any QB on our roster?

If he is, that's an upgrade, and we should be trying to get an upgrade.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM

You obviously dont want to see the Bills win then

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Theres SOO many other QBs out there that i'd take over Vick. Yes we need another QB but i'd like one that can actually THROW the ball. Throw the ball WELL.

Name these QB's that will be available that are notably better than what we have now.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM

The majority of us that do want to see him here are the ones that know we need to win and he is our best shot at QB right now...

GET THIS DONE.....
I would give up a 4th for him

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
The majority of us that do want to see him here are the ones that know we need to win and he is our best shot at QB right now...

GET THIS DONE.....
I would give up a 4th for him

Once again, we won't have to give up any pick for him, there is no way Philly pays him 4-5 million to stay as their 3rd string QB.

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I am with OP on this one. He is not accurate, his rating is sub-par and his skills are adequate at best for the QB position at best. He is an athlete, that just happens to line up behind center. He isn't anything special, just different.

But if we can get him for a sixth or seventh I won't be insanely upset.

I still refuse to believe he is the long term solution, so if we don't draft a QB in the first few rounds in this draft, or in the first round next draft I will set Ralph Wilson Stadium on fire.

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Signing Vick would be the most shameful day in the history of this franchise.

There will be individuals and sponsors who won't continue to support or be associated with the franchise whilst he is on the team

I cannot understand the apologists who say he served 18 months and lost millions so he's paid his dues - nobody forced him to torture or kill dogs for his entertainment or those of his friends ... he'd turned it into a sideline business FFS

The guy is filth whatever Tony Dungy wants to say, and I'd rather have an 0-16 season than sign Vick.

At least it would give us a chance to draft a franchise QB with the added bonus of being a decent human being by the measurement of most normal people

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I am with OP on this one. He is not accurate, his rating is sub-par and his skills are adequate at best for the QB position at best. He is an athlete, that just happens to line up behind center. He isn't anything special, just different.

But if we can get him for a sixth or seventh I won't be insanely upset.

I still refuse to believe he is the long term solution, so if we don't draft a QB in the first few rounds in this draft, or in the first round next draft I will set Ralph Wilson Stadium on fire.

I dont think for one second that hes a long term solution. Hes a stop gap that buys us time to develop or even get a future franchise QB.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
What's Vick record as starting QB?

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Lets chill a bit on the personal stuff guys.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
What's Vick record as starting QB?

So, two playoff appearances, I believe, in 2002, and 2004.

His record of wins and losses? I don't know, let me check.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
2002- 9 and 6
2004- 11 and 5
2005- 8 and 8
2006- 7 and 9

Only started 4 games in 03- Injury? and only 2 games in 01.

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
I played pop warner through college. That **** is hard work and I am still recovering from the injuries and stress I suffered through.

That being said, I still don't see the love fest for Vick, and I am not racist. If I wanted a QB with a 70 something QB rating, I would stick with Edwards. Edwards completes over 60% of his passes. If he had any sort of confidence to air it out he is a solid starter or at the very least, a stop gap to raise up a young guy.

Vick is a gimic who the Bills organization would sign only to get butts in the seats.

I know some of you believe that Vick signing here would be a way to win games, but please see through the veil. Its a publicity stunt by a business-smart front office.

Big names and players like Vick don't win us games. The draft, scheme and coaching staff will win us games.

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
38-28-1

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm?redir

(This is a good site for your advanced stats)

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 02:15 PM
I dont think for one second that hes a long term solution. Hes a stop gap that buys us time to develop or even get a future franchise QB.

Which is smart of you and the reason I like reading your posts. But some people think Vick = Championship (not so much on this board as on others).

They need to open their eyes.

I still think he is an average stop gap to be honest.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
I played pop warner through college. That **** is hard work and I am still recovering from the injuries and stress I suffered through.

That being said, I still don't see the love fest for Vick, and I am not racist. If I wanted a QB with a 70 something QB rating, I would stick with Edwards. Edwards completes over 60% of his passes. If he had any sort of confidence to air it out he is a solid starter or at the very least, a stop gap to raise up a young guy.

Vick is a gimic who the Bills organization would sign only to get butts in the seats.

I know some of you believe that Vick signing here would be a way to win games, but please see through the veil. Its a publicity stunt by a business-smart front office.

Big names and players like Vick don't win us games. The draft, scheme and coaching staff will win us games.
So, I'm sure the Bills see it as a gimmick. However, I think Vick can win more games for us than Edwards or Fitz can. If he used in the correct way.

I have no love for the guy at all, I just see him as a significant upgrade in a otherwise mediocre off season as far as QB's go.

Again, were talking about a pick that, for us, has been players like Ah You, Lionel Gates, Justin Geisinger, Aaron Merz, etc...

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
2002- 9 and 6
2004- 11 and 5
2005- 8 and 8
2006- 7 and 9

Only started 4 games in 03- Injury? and only 2 games in 01.
38-28-1 according to pro-football-reference.com

Even if the Bills do go after Vick. He's no sure thing, they still would be smart to draft Clausen or Bradford @ #9.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
38-28-1

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm?redir

(This is a good site for your advanced stats)
:up: same site I use.

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
38-28-1 according to pro-football-reference.com

Even if the Bills do go after Vick. He's no sure thing, they still would be smart to draft Clausen or Bradford @ #9.

I would take Bradford still at 9, but probably not Clausen. Id move down if I wanted him, or draft a guy later. Vick gives us the ability to pick a guy over the next few drafts instead of just this one.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM

OJ is innocent..............

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd personally say if the Bills sign Vick I'd have no interest in following the team whilst the scumbag remained on the roster.

There are some lines of human decency that should never be crossed no matter how desperate the franchise are to win.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Once again, we won't have to give up any pick for him, there is no way Philly pays him 4-5 million to stay as their 3rd string QB.
ONCE again I will state I WOULD give up a 4th for him....

I WOULD.....

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
OJ is innocent..............

LOL

X-Era
01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd personally say if the Bills sign Vick I'd have no interest in following the team whilst the scumbag remained on the roster.

There are some lines of human decency that should never be crossed no matter how desperate the franchise are to win.

I can totally understand that sentiment.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 02:34 PM

Why do you follow the team with that scum bag Lynch and Hardy on the roster?

Sorry but you can't pick and choose what scum bag you support and which ones you don't.

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Lets see if there are some convicted rapists and pederests available that we can attempt to sign as well.

I'm sure if they have served their sentence maybe we should give them a second chance to?

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Lets see if there are some convicted rapists and pederests available that we can attempt to sign as well.

I'm sure if they have served their sentence maybe we should give them a second chance to?

hard to compare 1 to another...

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 02:46 PM

Sorry but you can't pick and choose what scum bag you support and which ones you don't.

What happened with Hardy? I missed that one.

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Hardy pulled a gun on his father, then gave a gun to his girl friend as a gift.

"Allegedly"

DrGraves
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
VICK BABYYY!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!

kernowboy
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
hard to compare 1 to another...

Rapists and Pederests are mentally sick individuals who more often than not systematically plan their crimes.

Setting up and running a business torturing and killing dogs for entertainment is a systematic criminal endeavour.

You can hardly think that Vick didn't realise it was illegal?

DUIs, assault, get caught in car which had guns in it are acts of stupidity, but hardly organised behaviour and often occur in the heat of the moment.

What Vick did was beyond being defendable by anyone

ddaryl
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM

neither are covicted felons

when they're covicted felons and have served time behind bars for their conviction then yes we will choose not to have them apart of this football team.

Until then they are not covicted felons

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Didn't Lynch have an unregistered gun in his car? Typically you only have a gun with the serial numbers scratched off if you want to kill somebody.

ddaryl
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Didn't Lynch have an unregistered gun in his car? Typically you only have a gun with the serial numbers scratched off if you want to kill somebody.

unregistered is one thing, but that doesn't mean the serial #'s we're filed off..

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
unregistered is one thing, but that doesn't mean the serial #'s we're filed off..

Or it could have been a gun that he bought off some random joe on a street corner, the same implications are there.

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Rapists and Pederests are mentally sick individuals who more often than not systematically plan their crimes.

Setting up and running a business torturing and killing dogs for entertainment is a systematic criminal endeavour.

You can hardly think that Vick didn't realise it was illegal?

DUIs, assault, get caught in car which had guns in it are acts of stupidity, but hardly organised behaviour and often occur in the heat of the moment.

What Vick did was beyond being defendable by anyone

I agree with what you are saying they are SCUMBAGS either way.
What VICK did was terrible no doubt.

Just want to see him on the football field in a Bills uni....

Patti120
01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Def. agree with opinions on Vick both ways and I would not like to see him as a Bill due to his prior actions off the field.

With that said he'd at least be a stop gap for a few years. We could draft a QB this year or next year (preferably next year)while we are also re-building our line. God knows that we need a QB who can run for his life if we have last years oline that was decimated by injuries. Plus this might allow us to draft a top tier left OT this year and the long term answer at QB next year and would give our oline a year to solidify if they can stay relatively healthy. Just my 2 cents.

elltrain22
01-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I totally believe in forgiving people and giving them a 2nd chance, but w/ Vick, it's very different for me. I mean, look at my user name pic, I obviously love dogs. Dogs are the perfect creature. No matter what I do, and no matter what kind of day I have had, they're always my best friend, and always make me happy. I just cannot phathom anyone doing what he did, and then completely lying about it. I believe he's sorry for what he did, and I believe he has learned his lesson, but I just can't support a guy that has done something so haneous.

I'll root for the Bills no matter what, but no matter what happens, no way do I ever plan to support Mike Vick.

BillsWin
01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think he was sorry for what he did. I think he's sorry he got caught.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't think he was sorry for what he did. I think he's sorry he got caught.
Like most people who get caught doing something wrong.

Was Tiger Woods sorry he slept with over 19 women that weren't his wife?

T-Long
01-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I choose to be a fan of the BUFFALO BILLS. I don't have to LIKE every player...I'm sure there is a bunch of jerks on the team that we just don't know things about. If the Bills win with Mike Vick at the helm, then so be it...at least we are winning. Hell, it's been 10 damn years...bring me some wins

TacklingDummy
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
We could draft a QB this year or next year (preferably next year)while we are also re-building our line.
The o-line has been rebuilt. What they need now is experience, cohesiveness, and a good QB behind them.

TedMock
01-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Two things to consider. First, this is entertainment for us. Alec Baldwin is a far bigger dirtbag because he emotionally abused his daughter. That is a billion times worse than killing dogs. I think he a scumbag. I also think he's hysterical on 30 Rock and I watch it every week. He's great in that show. really. You have to separate the person from the entertainment if you want to realistically be happy rooting for any pro team. I truly believe that most of the guys in the locker room are genuinely good guys, but there are always going to be a select few who are not. Doesn't everybody wish we would have drafted Bryant McKinnie over Mike Williams? One is a good guy. One is...er...I mean...was a pro-bowler this year. Second, like many of you, I have gone deer hunting several times. A deer can run a couple of miles while on pain and bleeding to death when you don't hit a good shot. I know that I may not always hit a good shot and there's a chance that an animal will be tortured today when I go out. Obviously not the same level of severity, but if you're willing to tale that chance and know the possible consequence of torturing the animal the you probably don't have much room to say anything about rooting for Vick in a Bills uniform. Not saying anybody in this forum is a hypocrite, but I know for certain that my uncle is. I am in no way understanding of what Vick did, nor am I condoning what he did. I just want to make sure that's very clear.

Slim
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
If this did happen, can you imagine ALL the anti-Vick people that would come onto this board? Not just anti-Vick Bills fans, but random Vick haters :ill:

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
If this did happen, can you imagine ALL the anti-Vick people that would come onto this board? Not just anti-Vick Bills fans, but random Vick haters :ill:

More people to talk some smack with. :crush:

thejosh213
01-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Mike Vick is overated, never liked him in atlanta, and his gangsta dog killing attitude has never cut it for me. NEXT!

Slim
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
On the bright side i'm not exactly too sure on how big the PETA foundation in the Chicken wing capitol of the world is.

Slim
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
I understand he wasn't a good QB. But he was a good PLAYER.

38-28-1. That's pretty impressive.

trapezeus
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Vick makes sense if:

1. you expect very little "improvment" with the team as is and with only a new Coach.
2. you aren't happy with this year's draft class (or if you are, but don't want the losman/edwards start them quickly scenario to occur again)
3. You realize we could draft a LT, but chances are we will still have growing pains

It doesn't make sense if:
1. you want a big name at QB in the first round
2. you are still angry about his animal abuse
3. you don't like the idea of the bills giving up picks when they have soooo many holes to fill.

I don't expect vick to be a great QB to take us places, but i think it stablizes the position, lets the LT grow into his position since he's a lefty, and makes the team exciting.

I'm not happy with his animal issues. i don't think he was a great technique guy, but he has a winning record. some are willing to give tebow a shot and no one wants to give vick a shot? that's odd. Vick is a good stop gap. Tebow is a total experiment.

better days
01-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Two things to consider. First, this is entertainment for us. Alec Baldwin is a far bigger dirtbag because he emotionally abused his daughter. That is a billion times worse than killing dogs. I think he a scumbag. I also think he's hysterical on 30 Rock and I watch it every week. He's great in that show. really. You have to separate the person from the entertainment if you want to realistically be happy rooting for any pro team. I truly believe that most of the guys in the locker room are genuinely good guys, but there are always going to be a select few who are not. Doesn't everybody wish we would have drafted Bryant McKinnie over Mike Williams? One is a good guy. One is...er...I mean...was a pro-bowler this year. Second, like many of you, I have gone deer hunting several times. A deer can run a couple of miles while on pain and bleeding to death when you don't hit a good shot. I know that I may not always hit a good shot and there's a chance that an animal will be tortured today when I go out. Obviously not the same level of severity, but if you're willing to tale that chance and know the possible consequence of torturing the animal the you probably don't have much room to say anything about rooting for Vick in a Bills uniform. Not saying anybody in this forum is a hypocrite, but I know for certain that my uncle is. I am in no way understanding of what Vick did, nor am I condoning what he did. I just want to make sure that's very clear.

Here's an idea, If you don't have a good shot, don't shoot.

nateodoms'bff
01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
if this actually happens, i will send every bills item i own in a box to obd, addressed to russ brandon, and officially renounce my "fanhood". i have been a bills fan my whole life, but vick is not the answer. he is morally disgusting as a person, and does not deserve my cheers on sunday.

id rather be a jets or a pats fan, than cheer for a bills team with vick as a qb.

AB4now
01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
if this actually happens, i will send every bills item i own in a box to obd, addressed to russ brandon, and officially renounce my "fanhood". i have been a bills fan my whole life, but vick is not the answer. he is morally disgusting as a person, and does not deserve my cheers on sunday.

id rather be a jets or a pats fan, than cheer for a bills team with vick as a qb.
:cry: :bigwave:

trapezeus
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
with or without vick, i'm not sure how much the 2010 bills will make you cheer anyways.

TedMock
02-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Here's an idea, If you don't have a good shot, don't shoot.
Brilliant. Obviously. What I mean by not always a "good shot" is that it's just not always as clean as you'd like and even with the cleanest of shots, the animal doesn't always drop right there. Often, it takes off running after it's hit. You don't go around randomly shooting poor shots. I'm replying because I'm not sure whether you were joking or actually serious. Most likely joking, but ya never know.

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 07:00 AM
If Vick comes in, I'll talk with all of you in a couple of years, after he crawls back under his rock.

capitolneal
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
get a giggle out of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22J7X2vdjIE

ddaryl
02-01-2010, 09:13 AM
If the Bills win with Mike Vick at the helm, then so be it...at least we are winning. Hell, it's been 10 damn years...bring me some wins

and this is what upsets me the most. The only thing that matters to some is winning, and that is a bit repulsive. It's a lousy game in the big scheme of things. yes I would love to win, but not with vick

We're talking Ron Mexico here. A guy who has done lots of horrible things outside of Dogfighting.... like spreading geital herpes without disclosure and using alais' to cover his tracks

I know winning is important, but not signing Vick is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> winning.

I just cannot accept him on my team.... I can't ignore what he is and I don't think for a second he is a changed man, and I don't forgive him, and I never will....

the guys track record goes beyond just this dog fighting thing, which alone is dispicable...

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM

Overly dramatic much.... :cry:

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:17 AM
and this is what upsets me the most. The only thing that matters to some is winning, and that is a bit repulsive. It's a lousy game in the big scheme of things. yes I would love to win, but not with vick

We're talking Ron Mexico here. A guy who has done lots of horrible things outside of Dogfighting.... like spreading geital herpes without disclosure and using alais' to cover his tracks

I know winning is important, but not signing Vick is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just cannot accept him on my team.... I can't ignore what he is and I don't think for a second he is a changed man, and I don't forgive him, and I never will....

the guys track record goes beyond just this dog fighting thing, which alone is dispicable...
Yep only thing that matters to me AT ALL!!! Most of these guys are scumbags. I don't care at all what he did in the past. WINNING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 09:29 AM

Good post, dd. Vick is such a scum bag that the dog fighting made people forget his Ron Mexico/herpes spreading, drug busted, watch stealing ( from an airport security person - look it up folks), crooked charity starting, etc. past behavior. No one is perfect, but this guy has been a one man crime wave.

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Good post, dd. Vick is such a scum bag that the dog fighting made people forget his Ron Mexico/herpes spreading, drug busted, watch stealing ( from an airport security person - look it up folks), crooked charity starting, etc. past behavior. No one is perfect, but this guy has been a one man crime wave.

And all of that was before he went to prison and started working with Tony Dungy.

He did his time, maybe he should get a second chance?

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
And all of that was before he went to prison and started working with Tony Dungy.

He did, with the Eagles. I simply don't want him in Buffalo.

Bill Cody
02-01-2010, 10:19 AM

Ok. But why here? Do we really want Vick as the face of the franchise?

Personally I'd rather have Troy Smith, a leader with no baggage and a lot of upside. Yes Vick is an electrifying runner but just an average at best passer. This is a passing league. I don't have a problem with an NFL team giving Vick a 2nd chance. I'd just prefer it not be us. Just looking at him makes me want to take a shower.

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Personally I'd rather have Troy Smith, a leader with no baggage and a lot of upside. Yes Vick is an electrifying runner but just an average at best passer. This is a passing league. I don't have a problem with an NFL team giving Vick a 2nd chance. I'd just prefer it not be us. Just looking at him makes me want to take a shower.

I'm over it. I didn't want him last offseason but I think Philly did everyone a huge favor by taking him for a year.

If you're asking who I want; Vick, Smith, or someone through the draft, my answer is Vick. Even if it's only for two years, there is nobody in this year's draft that excites me enough and I definitely don't want to take my chances on Smith or anybody on the current roster.

TacklingDummy
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
He did, with the Eagles. I simply don't want him in Buffalo.
Let's say hypothetically the Bills win the Super Bowl with Vick, you wouldn't watch?

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM

I would take Troy Smith

I would imagine it would cost more to get him but I would do that.

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Let's say hypothetically the Bills win the Super Bowl with Vick, you wouldn't watch?
Sure I would, to root against Vick and for the other team. I'd rather go to my grave without seeing a Bills' Super Bowl win, than watch Vick have anything to do with it.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Sure I would, to root against Vick and for the other team. I'd rather go to my grave without seeing a Bills' Super Bowl win, than watch Vick have anything to do with it.
This seems completely ridiculous to me.

Bill Cody
02-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Vick raises Lombardi, Fox cues "who let the dogs out" in background, Jan throws shoe at TV, Ralph Wilson gets creamed corn all over his bib.

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I think everyone is being a drama queen over this Vick deal. The idea of not being a fan is laughable.

mikemac2001
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
dany heatley leonard little both killed people and there still playing sports and making millions

i don't agree with what vick did but he served his time...hopefully has learned but doubt it.

but i am not gonna root againist the bills if they sign him just stupid

Bill Cody
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I think everyone is being a drama queen over this Vick deal. The idea of not being a fan is laughable.

Why? If the most important player on the team is not someone you admire, what's the fun of rooting? Or is football to you like a college football Madden with the names of the teams but no player names on their backs?

In the end it's all entertainment. Everyone has their own reasons for being a fan. Jan has been a Bills fan for longer than you've been alive so his opinion is worth something, at least to me. To each their own man.

TedMock
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
This seems completely ridiculous to me.

Me too. Although admittedly, I am not a huge Vick fan. I think he's being overrated by some of us. I would still root for the Bills as hard as ever if he was here though. Like I said earlier I root for the team, not an individual and never ever against my team.

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Why? If the most important player on the team is not someone you admire, what's the fun of rooting? Or is football to you like a college football Madden with the names of the teams but no player names on their backs?

In the end it's all entertainment. Everyone has their own reasons for being a fan. Jan has been a Bills fan for longer than you've been alive so his opinion is worth something, at least to me. To each their own man.

I'm a BILLS fan, not a fan of particular players.

Do I like Vick? No. Would I hate it if he came to Buffalo? No.

I don't agree with what he did in the slightest, but he also did his time, and is working with Tony Dungy. I doubt Dungy would work with him if he was still the same person.

On top of doing time, you realize that says more than quite a few athletes that are currently playing. It's a fact people conveniently ignore.

Bill Cody
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm a BILLS fan, not a fan of particular players.

Do I like Vick? No. Would I hate it if he came to Buffalo? No.

I don't agree with what he did in the slightest, but he also did his time, and is working with Tony Dungy. I doubt Dungy would work with him if he was still the same person.

On top of doing time, you realize that says more than quite a few athletes that are currently playing. It's a fact people conveniently ignore.

I can respect that opinion.

I can also respect those that would rather set their billfolds on fire than pony up for a Vick led team (I'm not that strong on this but I can understand those that are).

There's probably not a lot of folks in ATL that would like to turn back the clock and have Vick back and have used the pick they spent on Matt Ryan for say an OT. Matt Ryan is a worthy face of the franchise. Vick is a worthy mug shot. I'm just saying we don't need him. I check the "no" box in case Ralph is asking.

ChanGailey
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM

He is a lousy f'n quarterback.

No team has ever won a Super Bowl with 3 running backs and 0 Quarterbacks. Never.

STFU. Vick blows. Stop this talk.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
AMEN BROTHER!

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
He is a lousy f'n quarterback.

No team has ever won a Super Bowl with 3 running backs and 0 Quarterbacks. Never.

STFU. Vick blows. Stop this talk.
Chan this is not the way to be talking to the Fans of your team.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I am going to reiterate this again.

Vick is better than any QB on our roster.

Vick is available for a very low pick

To those advocating LT at #9 this is perfect.

WHY WOULDN'T THE BILLS BRING HIM IN?

BAM
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Vick to T.O.!! Go Bills!

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Vick is available for a very low pick

To those advocating LT at #9 this is perfect.

WHY WOULDN'T THE BILLS BRING HIM IN?

If they give up anywhere from a 5th-7th round pick, tell me who they would get in the draft at that spot that would be better than Vick? Nobody.

And I don't like drafting a QB at 9, seeing who is available this year. It just seems like this gets an established QB in Buffalo who can work with Gailey and this offensive line, and allows them to address the more important needs in the draft's early rounds.

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM

based on what?

RockStar36
02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
based on what?

Common sense?

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Common sense?

comon sense says Fitz was better than Vick last year.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
based on what?
Based on athleticism alone.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
comon sense says Fitz was better than Vick last year.
No it doesn't

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I would never say that Vick is a guarantee to be anything but if he is cheap I don't see the problem in giving him a shot.

No one has given me a reason against this.

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Based on athleticism alone.

let's see, what qb out there in the playoffs is as athletic as Vick? NO one.

What has Vick done recently to make you think he's even a capable back up?

I'd rather develop a gunslinger than waste my time on Vick .

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
let's see, what qb out there in the playoffs is as athletic as Vick? NO one.

What has Vick done recently to make you think he's even a capable back up?

I'd rather develop a gunslinger than waste my time on Vick .
Where are we going to get this gunslinger for next season?

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Where are we going to get this gunslinger for next season?

Didn't I say develop?

Vick as a stop gap won't go well because he doesn't want to be a back up. There isn't anything he did last year that makes me think he's back to his old crappy qb form.

If your basis of bringing him in is because of what he did at Atlanta, I'd rather bring in Jeff Garcia. At least he'd be reunited with Cortez as a stop gap.

ChanGailey
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Common sense?

IF YOUR QB IS IN PRISON THAT COUNTS!!

People basically get 10-20 years TOPS to play in the NFL. The average NFL career I'm pretty sure is under 6 years.

This guy took that for granted.

If you take his prison years and keep that as part of his averages, due to the fact its HIS FAULT, you'd need to divide his averages by 3, because he's missed a third of his career thusfar due to injury (common when your QB is tackled 10-20 times a game due to taking tons of sacks and running around like a loser) or due to criminal activity (the Falcons had to call on Joey Harrington because their "Franchise QB" was in PRISON!)

Gimme a break. This is no a viable option. The talk needs to stop.

IF the Bills do actually go through with this, it'd be the worst move of the last 11 years. Period. Even more of a ploy to sell tickets than TO, because this team at least believed Trent could get us to the playoffs. So did a lot of us.

This guy took more sacks than any of our QBs, has a worse passer rating than any of our QB's, and his wreckless running style puts him in the trainers office often.

NO
THANK
YOU

BillsWin
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
:monkeyp: Vick

Bill Cody
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM

(fill in blank with any random QB) is better than any QB on our roster.

You need to do better than that Thurm