PDA

View Full Version : OT option that is still young

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I think this would be a huge pickup for the Bills at Left Tackle.

Donald Penn is 27 years old, 1 of the most underrated OT in the game.

The Bucs may not spend the $$ on him because of the issues with ticket sales and the cheap ownership.....

So what do you guys think of this option...

Jeremy Trueblood, Alex Barron, and Khalif Barnes may be another option as well...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
rfa with no cba....

Buddo
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
http://cle.scout.com/a.z?s=149&p=9&c=12&yr=2010&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=3

He's going to be a RFA, due to the uncapped year coming up. The Bucs will only really have to give him the high tender, and he will become not worth the trouble.

TBH, FA is going to be something of a nightmare this year. There aren't many good ones about, or who won't get some sort of tag.

DraftBoy
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Id pick up any of those options to be perfectly honest...

Trueblood and Barnes are RT's though, correct?

PECKERWOOD
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
When are they going to come to terms with a new CBA? This is ridiculous.

bigbub2352
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
i liked trueblood coming out of coolege but i would lke to take Bulaga at LT in Rd1

Mitchell55
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Id say if we get Vick then yes

DraftBoy
01-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Id say if we get Vick then yes
What the hell does having Vick have to do with whether or not Trueblood and Barnes played RT?

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
What the hell does having Vick have to do with whether or not Trueblood and Barnes played RT?

I KNOW......

tampabay25690
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM

Yea but solid OT..

If we got a OT and Vick in the offseason that would be solid IMO..

Then we draft DEFENSE, OL, WR, QB for depth and future..

The Jokeman
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm pretty sure Barnes played LT his rookie year in Jacksonville which was his best year but has struggled with injuries most of his career. If not mistaken but think McNally felt he was the most athletic of his draft class.

better days
01-31-2010, 06:39 PM

Trueblood will be a restricted free agent like Penn, & Barnes signed a 5 year contract with the Raiders last year.

better days
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM

The owners want a bigger piece of the pie including a rookie cap. The players will have to agree to this or there will be a lockout in 2011, the owners are not going to budge on this.

Buddo
02-01-2010, 04:10 AM

I would say that if it is going to happen, it will be just before FA starts in 2011.
There's simply no way they can cut a deal between now and when FA starts this year.
Therefore, this year will be an uncapped year, and all the rules they set up for that within the last CBA, will apply.
Two things that mean a significant fall in the availability of FAs this year, are firstly, players need 6 years 'service' to become UFAs, not 5. This affects 212 possible UFAs for this year, who will now be RFAs.
The second thing, is that teams are allowed to use both the Franchise Tag, and the Transition Tag, whereas before it was simply one or the other.

tampabay25690
02-01-2010, 07:50 AM
There definitley needs to be a rookie cap...
These rookies are getting WAY to much $$ especially your top picks....

I actually just had a talk with Rhonde Barber about this last week and he agreed 150% saying he had to play how many years and guys now are making that just getting drafted....He said it is getting out of control.

Mahdi
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM

Barnes played very well at times at LT for the Jaguars. He was a big reason they were a great rushing team for all those years. He is not the best pass protector but he would be the best OT on our line for sure.

IMO, in Buffalo, the most important aspect for a OL is run blocking. We need to be able to impose our will in the run game whether we have a young QB or a superstar vet simply because the conditions wont allow us to be throwing all the time. If we can establish the ground game then it will take the pressure off in passing situations.