PDA

View Full Version : Is Brian Brohm....

SABURZFAN
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
a Chan Gailey type QB? i'm tired of all the goobers with their Vick and Tebow ball licking. i don't think neither one is worth the Bills to consider. we have this young kid, with two horrible QB's, and was wondering if he'd be worth considering to take a look at for the future. i don't know if he's a Chan Gailey type guy or even if he would have a chance to flourish in his system. anybody know???

kernowboy
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I'd certainly think we should give Brohm a look if not a season long audition.

If Gailey can get decent play out of Thigpen, then he should be able to do something with Brohm.

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't know that there really is a "Chan Gailey type QB." He has won with Slash, Fiedler and an over-the-hill Aikman. That's a diverse group.

Thief
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
He is "worth a look" based on due diligence alone.

OpIv37
02-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I think he's worth a look due solely to lack of other options. It beats spending a first on Tebow or trading a 5th for Vick.

ddaryl
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
I think it's very safe to say there will be a huge competition this offseason and through training camp between Brohm , Edwards and whoever else the Bills bring in...

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I think he's worth a look due solely to lack of other options. It beats spending a first on Tebow or trading a 5th for Vick.
If we spent a first on Tebow I would puke.

SABURZFAN
02-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I don't know that there really is a "Chan Gailey type QB." He has won with Slash, Fiedler and an over-the-hill Aikman. That's a diverse group.

thanks Jan. this is what i'm talking about. this is why i'm tired of the goobers with their Tebow and Vick talk. while some people will bring up that Brohm got beat by a 7th rounder for a roster spot, i don't think he had that bad a preseason in Green Bay. he didn't look any worse, this past year, than Edwards or Fitz. i just wonder if Gailey can work with this kids strengths and make him a QB that can win with the Bills.

SABURZFAN
02-01-2010, 09:59 AM
If we spent a first on Tebow I would puke.

me too.

M
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Who actually on the coaching staff or FO wanted Brohm? Maybe Nix did? Hopefully he gets a shot. I'm tired of the Vick and Tebow threads too.

ddaryl
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Who actually on the coaching staff or FO wanted Brohm? Maybe Nix did? Hopefully he gets a shot. I'm tired of the Vick and Tebow threads too.

My guess is Nix definitely had a huge influence on going after Brohm.

they obviously didn't expect him to play much last year.... so the only rational thought is he was brought in to compete this year

Night Train
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I can't see why he and one more UFA yet to be aquired QB can't go to the OTA's and get the O down, with the best man winning. Fitz is not the answer and is strictly a backup/coach type. Edwards should be gone.

There is no franchise Qb in this draft and Peyton Manning is not walking through the door. Nor do I wan't Vick. That's just a bad idea on so many levels.

Ron Burgundy
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
they obviously didn't expect him to play much last year.... so the only rational thought is he was brought in to compete this year

Oh, there are plenty of rational reasons why you'd bring in Brohm.

The biggest is that none of the quarterbacks on our roster were performing well and he was the best prospect that one could hope to pull from a practice squad, which was our only option that that point.

Gotta be better than resigning Gibram Hamden, right?

Ed
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see Brohm get a shot. Considering his total lack of practice and preparation this past season, I thought he did pretty well in the Atlanta game with his decision making. He was able to get rid of the ball quickly at times when under pressure and seemed to recognize deeper pass opportunities too and at least made attempts.

Also, from there was an article where he was interviewed, I believe on the bills website that made me like him more. He showed the right confidence to take it to the next level and was able to recognize mistakes he had made in Green Bay earlier in his career, but seemed ready to learn and grow from them.

No matter what happens in free agency or the draft, I would expect him to at least have a chance to compete for the starting job.

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I would put more trust in Gailey/Cortez developing Brohm or any qb than Dick/Fairchild/Shonert/AVP

Beebe's Kid
02-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I would put more trust in Gailey/Cortez developing Brohm or any qb than Dick/Fairchild/Shonert/AVP

Right on. I don't want to fall into the "Brohm ball-licking" club, if there is such an elite organization, similar to those for Vick/Tebow...but I like this kid.

If you go back to when he was a Jr...he was a franchise-type QB, and would be the first off of the board this year. What happened since? A decline (albeit slight) in a Sr. year led to him being drafted in the 2nd, then to make a long story short, he learned a lot of lessons real quick. He went from always being the stud QB to learning that this league is full of guys like him.

I think he went through some serious growing up, and now, he is ready to give everything he has to succeeding. I like his chances.

I also like the coaching staff. I think that if you put these two together, we'll have our answer at QB...the best part is this staff seems to be smart enough to recognize talent, so if Brohm is that guy, they will know it!

djjimkelly
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
a Chan Gailey type QB? i'm tired of all the goobers with their Vick and Tebow ball licking. i don't think neither one is worth the Bills to consider. we have this young kid, with two horrible QB's, and was wondering if he'd be worth considering to take a look at for the future. i don't know if he's a Chan Gailey type guy or even if he would have a chance to flourish in his system. anybody know???

all i know his junior year had he come out there was talk he would be a top 10 qb.

then he got hurt his stock went down and went in the second round to green bay.

he had zero chance of starting in green bay because aaron rogers is the real deal.

his credentials coming out of louisville are the best of any young qb we have had on a bills roster since we got jim kelly and i do not think im exaggerating.

that being said i would go with him a draft pick and maybe a new vet for the 2010 season.

maybe we get lucky with him

ZAZusmc03
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I really hope he is given the chance to show what he's got. I think CG and our new QB Coach could have a good prospect with develope. He has the size and power to be a good QB, lets just hope we can develope him into it.

BillsWin
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
:monkeyp:Tebow :monkeyp:Vick

:idunno: Brohm :idunno:

Albany,n.y.
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I see an ideal scenario for where I'd support Brohm as #1 QB next season:
By the time the Bills draft at 9 there are no viable QBs worth that pick. In the 2nd round any possible QBs of the future are gone.
So we fill up on other positions of need, LT, LB, WR, depth on lines etc. Then Brohm ends up the starter. VOILA! We have the #1 pick in the 2011 draft & get our franchise QB.
Brohm as the 2010 starting QB =worst record in the NFL. Unfortunately, Gailey will probably pull a Fewell & win a few games with Fitzpatrick after Brohm totally stinks up the place. I hope Gailey doesn't do that, stays committed to Brohm & insures us of the top pick.

Buddo
02-01-2010, 06:21 PM
As has been pointed out in this thread earlier, Brohm has as much ability as any other QB in this draft, with the possible exceptions of Bradford (who I think has more) and Clausen (who I don't think has more).
Unless it is either Bradford or Clausen with the #9 pick, I see no point in drafting one at all, as we have better already on the roster, in respect of Brohm. It simply just doesn't make sense.

YardRat
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
He'll come to camp and be able to prove whether or not he belongs and at what spot on the depth chart. Can't ask for much more than that.

Yasgur's Farm
02-01-2010, 07:42 PM
a Chan Gailey type QB? i'm tired of all the goobers with their Vick and Tebow ball licking. i don't think neither one is worth the Bills to consider. we have this young kid, with two horrible QB's, and was wondering if he'd be worth considering to take a look at for the future. i don't know if he's a Chan Gailey type guy or even if he would have a chance to flourish in his system. anybody know???I want LeFevour in the 3rd... But I also want a stop-gap vet like Vick.

Let's say Vick... We draft LeFevour and keep Brohm. Neither LeFevour nor brohm are likely to perform as well as Vick in 2010 or probably even 2011... But in 2012, 1 of these 2 will emerge as the next franchise QB IMO.

Don't Panic
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
As has been pointed out in this thread earlier, Brohm has as much ability as any other QB in this draft, with the possible exceptions of Bradford (who I think has more) and Clausen (who I don't think has more).
Unless it is either Bradford or Clausen with the #9 pick, I see no point in drafting one at all, as we have better already on the roster, in respect of Brohm. It simply just doesn't make sense.

I think that is the million dollar point... none of the guys we get in this draft are going to be markedly better than Brohm is right now. The chances are getting pretty high that we have the exact same stable of QBs to start out 2010 as we did to end 2009. The difference will be that there is a new play caller who actually knows what he's doing, and there should be a better line. If it is Trent, Fitz and Brohm, I have no idea who to make the favorite.

TigerJ
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't know that there really is a "Chan Gailey type QB." He has won with Slash, Fiedler and an over-the-hill Aikman. That's a diverse group.Agreed. One of Gailey's strengths seems to be his ability to work with the strengths and weaknesses of his QB rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole.