• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Is Brian Brohm....

a Chan Gailey type QB? i'm tired of all the goobers with their Vick and Tebow ball licking. i don't think neither one is worth the Bills to consider. we have this young kid, with two horrible QB's, and was wondering if he'd be worth considering to take a look at for the future. i don't know if he's a Chan Gailey type guy or even if he would have a chance to flourish in his system. anybody know???
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Re: Is Brian Brohm....

I'd certainly think we should give Brohm a look if not a season long audition.

If Gailey can get decent play out of Thigpen, then he should be able to do something with Brohm.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I don't know that there really is a "Chan Gailey type QB." He has won with Slash, Fiedler and an over-the-hill Aikman. That's a diverse group.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Thief
        • Sep 2009

He is "worth a look" based on due diligence alone.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I think he's worth a look due solely to lack of other options. It beats spending a first on Tebow or trading a 5th for Vick.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I think it's very safe to say there will be a huge competition this offseason and through training camp between Brohm , Edwards and whoever else the Bills bring in...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I think he's worth a look due solely to lack of other options. It beats spending a first on Tebow or trading a 5th for Vick.
              If we spent a first on Tebow I would puke.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I don't know that there really is a "Chan Gailey type QB." He has won with Slash, Fiedler and an over-the-hill Aikman. That's a diverse group.

thanks Jan. this is what i'm talking about. this is why i'm tired of the goobers with their Tebow and Vick talk. while some people will bring up that Brohm got beat by a 7th rounder for a roster spot, i don't think he had that bad a preseason in Green Bay. he didn't look any worse, this past year, than Edwards or Fitz. i just wonder if Gailey can work with this kids strengths and make him a QB that can win with the Bills.
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  If we spent a first on Tebow I would puke.

me too.

Comment

• M
                    • Aug 2006

Who actually on the coaching staff or FO wanted Brohm? Maybe Nix did? Hopefully he gets a shot. I'm tired of the Vick and Tebow threads too.
                    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
                      Who actually on the coaching staff or FO wanted Brohm? Maybe Nix did? Hopefully he gets a shot. I'm tired of the Vick and Tebow threads too.
                      My guess is Nix definitely had a huge influence on going after Brohm.

they obviously didn't expect him to play much last year.... so the only rational thought is he was brought in to compete this year

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I can't see why he and one more UFA yet to be aquired QB can't go to the OTA's and get the O down, with the best man winning. Fitz is not the answer and is strictly a backup/coach type. Edwards should be gone.

There is no franchise Qb in this draft and Peyton Manning is not walking through the door. Nor do I wan't Vick. That's just a bad idea on so many levels.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          they obviously didn't expect him to play much last year.... so the only rational thought is he was brought in to compete this year
                          Oh, there are plenty of rational reasons why you'd bring in Brohm.

The biggest is that none of the quarterbacks on our roster were performing well and he was the best prospect that one could hope to pull from a practice squad, which was our only option that that point.

Gotta be better than resigning Gibram Hamden, right?

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

I'd like to see Brohm get a shot. Considering his total lack of practice and preparation this past season, I thought he did pretty well in the Atlanta game with his decision making. He was able to get rid of the ball quickly at times when under pressure and seemed to recognize deeper pass opportunities too and at least made attempts.

Also, from there was an article where he was interviewed, I believe on the bills website that made me like him more. He showed the right confidence to take it to the next level and was able to recognize mistakes he had made in Green Bay earlier in his career, but seemed ready to learn and grow from them.

No matter what happens in free agency or the draft, I would expect him to at least have a chance to compete for the starting job.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I would put more trust in Gailey/Cortez developing Brohm or any qb than Dick/Fairchild/Shonert/AVP
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X