PDA

View Full Version : Dan Lefevour

capitolneal
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-7sEg7JgLQ

he would be a great pick in later rounds and with are terrible O-line he can still exstend the play with his legs :beers:

Ingtar33
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
if he repeats his performance at the senior bowl with a great combine workout he won't even be there in round 2.

that senior bowl performance might have punched his ticket into round 1.

madness
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Weak arm. I don't think we would draft him.

Ebenezer
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
if he repeats his performance at the senior bowl with a great combine workout he won't even be there in round 2.

yeah, I was thinking he would be a great steal in round 2...if he is impressive at the combine somebody will grab him at the end of round 1.

SABURZFAN
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM

SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'd love to see the Bills draft this guy in the mid rounds.

SABURZFAN
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
yeah, I was thinking he would be a great steal in round 2...if he is impressive at the combine somebody will grab him at the end of round 1.

you're not helping either. :mad:

BillsWin
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I doubt he has the best pro career out of this crop. I still believe Bradford, Clausen and Snead will do better.

Maybe even Pike.

I'm rooting for him though!

Forward_Lateral
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
AT this point, with Gailey supposedly bringing a spread-style offense in, Lefevour is the QB pick that makes most sense for Buffalo. That being said, I'm sure he's not even on their draft boards.

tampabay25690
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
He will be gone by end of 2nd round

Ebenezer
02-01-2010, 03:54 PM
AT this point, with Gailey supposedly bringing a spread-style offense in, Lefevour is the QB pick that makes most sense for Buffalo. That being said, I'm sure he's not even on their draft boards.
how can you say that? inside knowledge? I'd hate to think that any QB that would be taken in the top three rounds wouldn't be on somebodies boards.

Yasgur's Farm
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I got him pegged for round 3... I wouldn't mind jumping back into round 2 with a 3rd and 4th in order to get him... Better yet, trade down in the 1st or 2nd in order to snag him late round 2.

elltrain22
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

With his performance this season, and especially in the Senior Bowl, I think he's already done enough that this is a very distinct possibility.

nateodoms'bff
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
whoever said the thing about him having a weak arm, i hope it was sarcasm that didnt translate over typing. the kid has a canon for an arm. he seems to be able to throw on the move, and has some nice footwork.

from that video, his mechanics look good. nice fluid delivery. he holds the ball a little to high in the pocket, which seems to indicate that he may want to run first.

i havent seen any central michigan games this year (or any year really) except for their bowl game.

I gotta say it would be nice to see them draft a kid with this size and arm strength and mobility. that being said, i dont see it happening.

psubills62
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I actually wouldn't mind getting Lefevour in the 2nd round, if Bradford doesn't fall to us.

Just take a look at the kid's stats, you can warm up to him just from those. His completion percentage increased every year (4 year starter), from 63.7% as a freshman to 69.7% as a senior. His interceptions were 10, 13, 6, 7, which also shows progress. His YPA remains fairly steady, except for a dip his sophomore year (7.8, 6.7, 7.4, 7.5). He also threw for 20+ TD's each year (26, 27, 21, 28).

I would have to imagine that with his performance at the Senior Bowl, he'd better be high on our boards. Heck, maybe Ingtar's right...Lefevour may go towards the end of the first round.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 03:00 AM
dan lefevour would be perfect , he could sit and learn behind vick for 2 years....

X-Era
02-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Hes an athletic QB that gets happy feet at times. He also need to consistently show the ability to read defenses. He went to his primary guy most of the time. I think he needs to show more ability to sit in the pocket and pick a defense apart through progressions, and reads.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174140

Coach Sal
02-02-2010, 06:18 AM
I was going to post this last week before the Senior Bowl, but got caught up:

A scout told me personally last week that Lefevour was "no doubt better than Tebow," and then went on to say he's "just as good of a kid," too, but doesn't get all that publicity, obviously.

This was during Senior Bowl week and before the game.

As far as his arm strength, there have been mixed reviews. Some love it, some think it's weak. Kind of odd. I think it's probably simply what each team/scout is looking for who says these things. I did hear from one person that felt he had good arm strength, but it wasn't as strong as he'd like to see while on the run - which surpirsed him, considering the offense Lefevour played in.

Ingtar33
02-02-2010, 06:40 AM
I was going to post this last week before the Senior Bowl, but got caught up:

A scout told me personally last week that Lefevour was "no doubt better than Tebow," and then went on to say he's "just as good of a kid," too, but doesn't get all that publicity, obviously.

This was during Senior Bowl week and before the game.

As far as his arm strength, there have been mixed reviews. Some love it, some think it's weak. Kind of odd. I think it's probably simply what each team/scout is looking for who says these things. I did hear from one person that felt he had good arm strength, but it wasn't as strong as he'd like to see while on the run - which surpirsed him, considering the offense Lefevour played in.

pretty much what i've seen... when he's on the run he loses a lot of accuracy and power. really he has a pretty sloppy spiral as well, which means he's not turning his wrist over like you'd like to see. in short the follow through on the pass isn't great (or he grips the ball crappy... not sure which)

I've seen him play in college and i was never impressed with his accuracy, like i was in the senior bowl. What really impressed me during the senior bowl, was how good he looked under center. He never played under center, clearly since the season ended he's been working hard to get his drop back right. he looked far more comfortable throwing from 5 or 7 step drops then i expected to see, he even looked more comfortable in the pocket then i expected (he's never looked comfortable in the pocket)

Really it was like night and day from what i remember of the kid in college. which tells me two things. he's serious about making it at the next level and has a realistic understanding of his weaknesses, and has been working like a madman since the season ended to improve them

Kenny
02-02-2010, 07:22 AM

Just out of curiosity... was Gailey the OC in KC last year (or 2 years ago) when Thigpen was putting up those crazy numbers with the spread offense?

Forward_Lateral
02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
how can you say that? inside knowledge? I'd hate to think that any QB that would be taken in the top three rounds wouldn't be on somebodies boards.

I was being facetious.

Forward_Lateral
02-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Just out of curiosity... was Gailey the OC in KC last year (or 2 years ago) when Thigpen was putting up those crazy numbers with the spread offense?

Yes.

DraftBoy
02-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Not a bad pick option in Round 2. Lefevour showed everybody what some saw in him at CMU. He can play with the big boys clearly, despite where he played college ball.

Coach Sal
02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
...What really impressed me during the senior bowl, was how good he looked under center. He never played under center, clearly since the season ended he's been working hard to get his drop back right. he looked far more comfortable throwing from 5 or 7 step drops then i expected to see, he even looked more comfortable in the pocket then i expected (he's never looked comfortable in the pocket)..

Agreed 100% and exactly what I've heard from others, too.

He worked his butt off before Senior Bowl week to prove he could do it, and he did. Better than most could have imagined.

That speaks volumes about his work ethic AND ability.

ZAZusmc03
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
I really like the kid in the 2nd or 3rd. I know he wont make it to the third, but that would be a steal for us. I think he could have a successful career in the pros. I really like his size as well

X-Era
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey, I moved this to the Scouting Zone