32. IND: Lamarr Houston DT Texas

Fire away...

HopefulBillsFan
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
ROLANDO TO BILLS~!!

T-Long
02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
ROLANDO TO BILLS~!!
I want McLain on this team as much as anybody, but if we do in fact switch to the 3-4, I am not fully convinced that Posz moves to the outside. But if he does, I wouldn't mind this lineup:

Posluszny OLB
Mitchell ILB
McLain ILB
Adalius Thomas OLB (if cut by NE)

mrbojanglezs
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
no way poz is an olb in 3-4

T-Long
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
no way poz is an olb in 3-4
Well neither is Mitchell...so they are going to have to make some decisions there.

elltrain22
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
The more I think about it, the more I wanna see us draft Rolando McClain.

Mahdi
02-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I want McLain on this team as much as anybody, but if we do in fact switch to the 3-4, I am not fully convinced that Posz moves to the outside. But if he does, I wouldn't mind this lineup:

Posluszny OLB
Mitchell ILB
McLain ILB
Poz at OLB in a 3-4? u kidding me?

T-Long
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Poz at OLB in a 3-4? u kidding me?
Tell me what our other choices are? Mitchell could stay outside and Posz stay inside, but I don't see that a fit either. We would dump Mitchell before Posz. We don't have another 3-4 OLB on the roster, so they would have to draft another if they took McLain.

FlyingDutchman
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
same criticism i have with all mock drafts. just dont see a QB going in the top 10

T-Long
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
same criticism i have with all mock drafts. just dont see a QB going in the top 10
I do agree that as of today, there is not a top 10 TALENT, but as I always say, this is a QB driven league and QB's will be reached for no matter what year it is.

If Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen don't end up a Redskin at #4 I will be floored.

BloFan4Life
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Bruce Campbell is a lot better than that white boy from Iowa

bigbub2352
02-01-2010, 08:16 PM
love bulaga at LT solidify the line for yrs to come if we can just get healthy
go after lafvour in rd 2 or 3

SquishDaFish
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
The only thing I dont agree on bro is SF drafting another QB. I think they are happy with what they have.

T-Long
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
The only thing I dont agree on bro is SF drafting another QB. I think they are happy with what they have.
I was waiting for this comment, b/c when I looked at my mock, in my opinion, that was really the only question mark. Clausen is a California kid who would fit in nicely with Crabtree and Vernon Davis and Gore. Alex Smith is not the answer, and neither is Shaun Hill. Singletary gets his own guy to build around, and the 49ers have plenty of talent to help him.

ByrdsTheWord
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Posluszny OLB
Mitchell ILB
McLain ILB

Ummmm. Maybin? Just a shot in the dark.

Mitchell55
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I was waiting for this comment, b/c when I looked at my mock, in my opinion, that was really the only question mark. Clausen is a California kid who would fit in nicely with Crabtree and Vernon Davis and Gore. Alex Smith is not the answer, and neither is Shaun Hill. Singletary gets his own guy to build around, and the 49ers have plenty of talent to help him.

Attitude wise, yes. But he plays in indiana right now

ByrdsTheWord
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Attitude wise, yes. But he plays in indiana right now

playED. past tense.

TigerJ
02-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Bulaga to the Bills would not surprise me at all. Do you think if Davis were still available after Oakland picks the Bills might take him, or would they still go with Bulaga as the more NFL ready tackle?

T-Long
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Ummmm. Maybin? Just a shot in the dark.
I would like Maybin there, but he has never played the position. I'm talking about the linebackers that we have on the roster.

psubills62
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I would like Maybin there, but he has never played the position. I'm talking about the linebackers that we have on the roster.

Maybin would still be a MUCH, MUCH better fit at OLB than Poz. Chris Ellis would also make the move to OLB. I'm pretty sure both of those guys would get a chance to start at OLB, and Poz would move inside instead of Mitchell.

tampabay25690
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I do agree that as of today, there is not a top 10 TALENT, but as I always say, this is a QB driven league and QB's will be reached for no matter what year it is.

If Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen don't end up a Redskin at #4 I will be floored.

I really think Campbell will be in Wash working with MIKE SHANNAHAN....

clumping platelets
02-01-2010, 10:36 PM
McClain is the pick there not Buluga

Prov401
02-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm waiting on what the Bills decide to do defensively in order to state who I want. If it's 3-4, we need alot of help, and McClain would be my pick. If we go 4-3, I would go LT.

The only way I go QB is if Bradford/Clausen becomes this year's version of Stafford/Sanchez, and both QB's demonstrate future franchise Quarterback characteristics. I say both Bradford and Clausen because I do believe one of them will be gone before our pick either way.

DraftBoy
02-02-2010, 06:41 AM

Are you forgetting that they drafted Nate Davis last year? He is a strong armed kid who needs some time but could develop.

I like the draft the only thing I dont see happening is Okung going 2nd overall, because of this;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=185309

“Quarterback; (we have a) pretty good free safety, I like where we are at free safety; I like where we are at center. We have some good players. A lot of it is perception and reputation and things like that. When I got here in January of last year or whatever it was, one of the things that kept coming up is that (Jeff) Backus couldn’t play left tackle and that we needed to get a left tackle. I thought Jeff Backus had an outstanding season. He was consistent from start to finish; he’s available for every single game; he was our best run-blocker this year; we had issues on this team and left tackle wasn’t one of them.
“At this time (last year) coming in, the common perception was, ‘Hey, if we don’t have a different left tackle we don’t have a chance and that Backus needs to get moved…’ and all those different things. We went in, we evaluated him, we went through the offseason program, we went through training camp and that concern honestly never came up – as far as coaching staff and when we were going through our grades every week. And every week, you could count on the way Jeff Backus would play.

“When we did pro bowl balloting this year, you’re not allowed to vote for guys that are on your own team, but when I was looking at the offensive tackles – the head coach has a vote – so I’m going through and looking and just looking at all of the available tackles. I said, ‘Jeff Backus should get votes here; I can’t vote for him, but Jeff Backus should get votes.’ Walter Jones wasn’t there anymore; Chris Samuel wasn’t there anymore; Orlando Pace wasn’t starting at Chicago at that point, those perennial type guys weren’t there. When you get past those name players, Jeff was every bit as consistent as those guys.

T-Long
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Are you forgetting that they drafted Nate Davis last year? He is a strong armed kid who needs some time but could develop.

I like the draft the only thing I dont see happening is Okung going 2nd overall, because of this;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=185309

Yeah I know they've been drooling over Backus, but he isn't the future. Okung would man that line for the next 15 years to protect Stafford's blind-side.

Davis was a 5th round pick, so yes, I forgot him on purpose. The guy is not a franchise QB and Clausen should be the pick there if he falls.

DraftBoy
02-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Yeah I know they've been drooling over Backus, but he isn't the future. Okung would man that line for the next 15 years to protect Stafford's blind-side.

Davis was a 5th round pick, so yes, I forgot him on purpose. The guy is not a franchise QB and Clausen should be the pick there if he falls.

But if you're picking #2 overall, why would you take a guy who may not start this year or maybe even next? They have their RT in Cherilus so its not like Okung could work there to start off.

Brady was a 6th, and yes I know that's the exception not the rule, but you know as well as I do its not good policy to give up on draft picks after one year. Especially a pick that had a preseason like Davis this past year;
29 of 49 59.2%, 314 yards, 2 TD, and 1 INT.

Im not saying he's the answer, but he's a viable option with another year of growth under his belt.

T-Long
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
But if you're picking #2 overall, why would you take a guy who may not start this year or maybe even next? They have their RT in Cherilus so its not like Okung could work there to start off.

Brady was a 6th, and yes I know that's the exception not the rule, but you know as well as I do its not good policy to give up on draft picks after one year. Especially a pick that had a preseason like Davis this past year;
29 of 49 59.2%, 314 yards, 2 TD, and 1 INT.

Im not saying he's the answer, but he's a viable option with another year of growth under his belt.

Backus is a 33 year old tackle. Having Okung and Cherilus manning the two tackle spots for the next decade is something that the Lions need to look at, especially to protect their franchise QB who they spent a ton of money on in the draft.

Yes, Brady will always come up as that diamond in the rough, but look at the numbers, it rarely happens. I'm not saying to give up on him, I'm saying that, in my opinion, Clausen has more talent and is more like a franchise QB. He's also from CA and has proven now he can play in all types of weather.

Davis is an option, I just think Clausen is a major upgrade and should be the pick. I think they have a QB situation like ours...all backups without a clear starter every year. If Clausen is able to fall to them, I don't think they could pass...but I also feel that way about the Bills taking him, but my thinking now is that they go with the best LT available on the board that Buddy and his scouts come up with.

Mahdi
02-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Tell me what our other choices are? Mitchell could stay outside and Posz stay inside, but I don't see that a fit either. We would dump Mitchell before Posz. We don't have another 3-4 OLB on the roster, so they would have to draft another if they took McLain.
Maybin is one OLB and then you have a competition between Chris Ellis (he fits the mold) and Aaron Schobel if he stays.

Ideally though, and I am 100% certain it will happen, we draft an OLB prospect somewhere in the first 3 rounds to compete with Chris Ellis.

Poz and Mitchell stay inside where they belong. Neither is a good blitzer or have the athletic ability to beat OTs.

kernowboy
02-02-2010, 08:00 AM
The more I think about it, the more I wanna see us draft Rolando McClain.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see our QB stay upright for more than one play.

One from Davis, Bulaga or Campbell MUST be the pick

Buckets
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think the lines are more in need of help. All I can think of is Tom Couseneau (sp) if you get a dominant LB the opposition runs plays away from him whereas the OT watches your QB's back every play.
Just my thought

EDS
02-02-2010, 08:41 AM
1. STL: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2. DET: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
3. TB: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
4. WAS: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
5. KC: Eric Berry S Tennessee
6. SEA: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
7. CLE: Joe Haden CB Florida
8. OAK: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
9. BUF: Brian Bulaga OT Iowa
10. DEN: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
11. JAX: Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
12. MIA: Rolando McLain LB Alabama
13. SF: Jimmy Claussen QB ND
14. SEA: C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
15. NYG: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
16. SF: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
17. TEN: Everson Griffin DE USC
18. PIT: Earl Thomas S Texas
19. ATL: Sergio Kindle DE Texas
20. HOU: Brian Price DT UCLA
21. CIN: Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
22. NE: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
23: GB: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
24: PHI: Navarro Bowman LB PSU
25: BAL: Taylor Mays S USC
26: ARI: Dan Williams DT Tennessee
27: DAL: Mike Iupati G Idaho
28. SD: Terrence Cody NT Alabama
29. NYJ: Golden Tate WR ND
30. MIN: Donovan Warren CB Michigan
31. NO: Jared Odrick DT PSU
32. IND: Lamarr Houston DT Texas

Fire away...

What about the Michigan DE, Brandon Graham? Do you not see him going in the first round?

T-Long
02-02-2010, 09:19 AM
What about the Michigan DE, Brandon Graham? Do you not see him going in the first round?
I like Graham, but I think Morgan, Dunlap, and Kindle are better. Graham goes at the top half of the 2nd round at the latest. We'll see once the workouts happen and things start taking shape.

DraftBoy
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Backus is a 33 year old tackle. Having Okung and Cherilus manning the two tackle spots for the next decade is something that the Lions need to look at, especially to protect their franchise QB who they spent a ton of money on in the draft.

Yes, Brady will always come up as that diamond in the rough, but look at the numbers, it rarely happens. I'm not saying to give up on him, I'm saying that, in my opinion, Clausen has more talent and is more like a franchise QB. He's also from CA and has proven now he can play in all types of weather.

Davis is an option, I just think Clausen is a major upgrade and should be the pick. I think they have a QB situation like ours...all backups without a clear starter every year. If Clausen is able to fall to them, I don't think they could pass...but I also feel that way about the Bills taking him, but my thinking now is that they go with the best LT available on the board that Buddy and his scouts come up with.
Im aware of Backus's age and his contract status, having three years remaining on his current deal which pays him nearly 7 million a year in base salary. Then you add Cherilus to that mix who makes about 3 million a year and then adding Okung at #2 would likely ink him a deal in the over the 12.4/yr average that last years #2 pick Jason Smith got. And you're looking at roughly 23-25 million dollars being tied up just in the OT department. Even without a salary cap Detroit is not a team whose going to just throw money around. So why take an OT where he is blocked at both positions for at least one if not two years, and would lock up a ton of money both in base salary and bonus there?

I dont see how him being from CA is really a factor, I mean I know people like to think it matters but if you can play football, you can play football. Everbody has to deal with the weather I think far too much is made out of it. I just dont see SF jumping at a QB when they have a former #1 pick, a 5th Round pick and lots of other holes to fill. Especially when they are this close to being a playoff contender.

ServoBillieves
02-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't think that Detroit is smart enough to draft a tackle early on...

X-Era
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey, I moved this to the Scouting Zone.