• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Vick to Buffalo… Could it work?

If you believe Len Pasquarelli of ESPN, there’s a prevailing chance the Buffalo Bills will be trading for Michael Vick sometime before the NFL draft commences in April. Pasquarelli cited a team source saying head coach Chan Gailey is giving serious consideration to Vick and notes it would only cost the team a later round conditional draft pick. Credibility to the rumor was fueled yesterday when the Philadelphia Daily News reported the team told Vick he’d be traded before the draft.

Appearing on the Dan Patrick radio show Monday, Vick said he believes in his heart if given the chance to start he can return to the level of prominence he achieved before his life was turned upside down by legal troubles.

“Top 10, to be honest, I’m confident in my skills.” Vick told Patrick when asked where he ranks himself among quarterbacks. “I know I can play in this league. I know I have a lot of games left in me.”

So is Vick to Buffalo a realistic possibility?
    FULL STORY

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Vick to Buffalo… Could it work?

can Vick complete half of his passes?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

It would be a disgraceful decision - Gailey's leadership of this team would be over before it began if he made such a disgusting move

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
        • Dec 2008

I really hope this doesn't happen! If it does the Bills franchise is just signing a check for several more years of mediocrity.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

He'll turn 30 in June.

Every year is one more year he'll have less of his freakish athleticism, the only thing that made him a successful player.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

I know if it happened it would be because Gailey thinks he can make it work, but it reeks of a PR move. I really hope we build this team the right way this time.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
              I know if it happened it would be because Gailey thinks he can make it work, but it reeks of a PR move. I really hope we build this team the right way this time.
              Except as a PR move there may be as many or more fans against it as for it.

Many of us think he was an average QB to begin with. He had an inaccurate arm and an inability to read defenses, but could make up for those problems with his running ability. At 30, he would come to the Bills with the same shortcomings, but not the young legs.

His meager QB skills, coupled with a tractor-trailer full of baggage, will not endear him to a large number of Bills' fans.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Make sense for him to come to Buffalo.....
                Late round pick for him all day...

Then we can focus on a QB later in the draft and grab our OT in the 1st round...
                We big a nice step in the right direction...
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Except as a PR move there may be as many or more fans against it as for it.

Many of us think he was an average QB to begin with. He had an inaccurate arm and an inability to read defenses, but could make up for those problems with his running ability. At 30, he would come to the Bills with the same shortcomings, but not the young legs.

His meager QB skills, coupled with a tractor-trailer full of baggage, will not endear him to a large number of Bills' fans.
                  The fans that know the NFL are all in for VICK if it happens he was always better then just average....

Yes he can be inaccurate at times but also great at times.
                  When was the last time we could say in Buffalo that our QB was good or at least exciting to watch........
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    The fans that know the NFL are all in for VICK if it happens he was always better then just average....

When was the last time we could say in Buffalo that our QB was good or at least exciting to watch........
                    There are many knowledgable fans on here who don't want Vick, and not just because of his putrid behavior.

Please don't consider your opinion as representative of all knowledgable fans.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
                      It would be a disgraceful decision - Gailey's leadership of this team would be over before it began if he made such a disgusting move
                      Keep in mind that the vast majority of NFL players love Vick. I don't think Gailey's leadership would be affected except from a fan's view.

God give me style and give me grace
                      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                        Keep in mind that the vast majority of NFL players love Vick.
                        I'm not trying to be contrary, but how do we know these kind of things?

I see so many sweeping generalizations, opinions with no supporting rationale presented as facts, and conflicting views on here, that I'm simply confused as to the source of some of the comments.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690

Don't throw insults at those of us who don't share your opinions.

I "know the NFL" and I do not believe that Vick would be a good fit in Buffalo. Nor do I want to see any QB that cannot operate consistently between the tackles.

Look at the successful playoff teams over the last decade. How many of those teams had QBs that frequently gave up on the pass and scrambled with the ball? Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre are your four Conference Championship game QBs this year.

Players like Vick and Young can be exciting, yes. But they will disappoint you just as many times as excite you. Ultimately, they will leave you wondering why we either miss the playoffs or exit in the opening round. This is the mediocrity that Jan was referring to.

I want stability to build upon. Exciting chaos that ultimately leads to a disappointing end will only spark fan enthusiasm for a short time before everyone realizes it's just a different brand of mediocrity.
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I'm not trying to be contrary, but how do we know these kind of things?

I see so many sweeping generalizations, opinions with no supporting rationale presented as facts, and conflicting views on here, that I'm simply confused as to the source of some of the comments.
                            I'm with you, Jan. I've never gotten the sense that the NFL players, as a whole, either like or dislike Vick. From the general lack of comments, I have gotten the impression that many of them would prefer to simply distance themselves from the distractions associated with Vick.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Vick would bring an element to the offense that we don't currently have. Confidence, talent, playmaking.

Vick is not a high completion percentage guy and will never be a Manning or a Brees but he brings his own thing and it can be just as effective when it comes to winning games.

The presence of Vick alone will open things up for Fred and Marshawn in a huge way.

Comment

Working...
                              X