PDA

View Full Version : DC hire

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I would assume that we have our DC in place since we have hired 3 assistant coaches and 1 quality control guy so whomever the DC is would have to sign off on them.

That being said I am actually not all that surprised that no one has any clue who the guy is since Chan Gailey hit us be surprise.

However, if anyone has any info at all, even if when the guy will be named would be much appreciated.

Dicknoze69
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Provided we're waiting to hire a college guy (which most think is likely), we're probably waiting for National Signing Day (Wednesday 2/3) to pass. This is because if the person we hire leaves his current job now, it could negatively affect recruiting.

psubills62
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
My sources have indeed confirmed that we will hire or name a DC by September.

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks man I was starting to get worried that we would not have one.

Not sure what would be worse not having a DC or hiring one two weeks before the season.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Could it be Sanders, and he's trying to get his last couple of assistants lined up?

DraftBoy
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Could it be Sanders, and he's trying to get his last couple of assistants lined up?

Doesn't make sense to not go ahead and name him then. I mean what's the need for the secret since everybody already knows he's on staff?

Id love Kevin Steele who has been linked to be up for leaving Clemson.

Saratoga Slim
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks man I was starting to get worried that we would not have one.

Not sure what would be worse not having a DC or hiring one two weeks before the season.

I think he was being sarcastic.

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
My sources says Gailey himself will be HC/OC/DC and calling all the plays himself.

Saratoga Slim
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Doesn't make sense to not go ahead and name him then. I mean what's the need for the secret since everybody already knows he's on staff?

Id love Kevin Steele who has been linked to be up for leaving Clemson.

I agree. If it was Sanders, I can't think of a good reason for it not to be in ink by now. Usually you hire the top guy first, and he picks, or assists in picking, his assistants.

The only thing that makes much sense to me is that it's a college guy, that they've already reached a quiet agreement with, and who has been participating in some capacity with the selection of assistants. But that has requested that his hiring be kept quiet until after signing day.

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I think he was being sarcastic.

No really!!!!

You ever heard of the Omega theory Ω?

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I agree. If it was Sanders, I can't think of a good reason for it not to be in ink by now. Usually you hire the top guy first, and he picks, or assists in picking, his assistants.

The only thing that makes much sense to me is that it's a college guy, that they've already reached a quiet agreement with, and who has been participating in some capacity with the selection of assistants. But that has requested that his hiring be kept quiet until after signing day.

Agree I do not think it is Sanders or they would have just named him already with Modkins.

ChanGailey
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't need no gull dang defensive coordinator.

Now quit bad mouthin me or I'll be madder than a texas pit bull with a bull frog up his rear.

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't need no gull dang defensive coordinator.

Now quit bad mouthin me or I'll be madder than a texas pit bull with a bull frog up his rear.

I live in South Carolina and I assure you we do not talk like that here, or anywhere in the south.

You are mocking a very small minority of the south.

That being said every region in the US has dialects much like China has two dialects, Mandarin and Cantonese.

However, I am sure everything I have just said goes way over your head (Omega Theory Ω).

ChanGailey
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I live in South Carolina and I assure you we do not talk like that here, or anywhere in the south.

You are mocking a very small minority of the south.

That being said every region in the US has dialects much like China has two dialects, Mandarin and Cantonese.

However, I am sure everything I have just said goes way over your head (Omega Theory Ω).

So I make a joke, and then you insult me accusing me of insulting people.

Awesome thread. And yeah, that was so complex it just sailed right over my head.

DesertFox24
02-02-2010, 12:16 PM
So I make a joke, and then you insult me accusing me of insulting people.

Awesome thread. And yeah, that was so complex it just sailed right over my head.

Play the victim card its cool.

shelby
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Word going around is that Bills are waiting until after signing day for DC. Connotes someone in the college ranks, not Sanders.

via twitter:http://twitter.com/BBSFLcommish

WeAreArthurMoates
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Word going around is that Bills are waiting until after signing day for DC. Connotes someone in the college ranks, not Sanders.

via twitter:http://twitter.com/BBSFLcommish

Sounds about right. The question is, who is it. Steele sounds like a great possibilty and I'd like him. Bud Foster though would def be my pick.

ChanGailey
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Play the victim card its cool.

I didn't play the victim card. I played the hypocrite card. You accuse me of insulting people I don't even know, and yet you directly insult me.

That's saying one thing and doing another...Hypocracy.

You can swing a bloody dead cat over yer head and you bound to hit a hypocrite in this place!

jamze132
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I nominate this thread for the smartest one with down syndrome.

psubills62
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Maybe DC by committee? After all, it worked so well for the GM position :rolleyes:

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Apparently on Rochester radio, Gailey said he had a guy he wanted, but the hiring hasn't gone well??? I don't know, I am just repeating what was on BBMB.

What I hear is that Gailey has his man, and an announcement won't be made until after Wednesday.

But thats been reported in the Buffalo News too. So..... :idunno:

Kadiddlehopper
02-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Provided we're waiting to hire a college guy (which most think is likely), we're probably waiting for National Signing Day (Wednesday 2/3) to pass. This is because if the person we hire leaves his current job now, it could negatively affect recruiting.
No disrespect, but wouldn't that backfire on the college? I mean a guy agrees to sign because of a certain coach being there and then that coach leaves? Wouldn't that make said player go elsewhere?

psubills62
02-03-2010, 07:40 AM
No disrespect, but wouldn't that backfire on the college? I mean a guy agrees to sign because of a certain coach being there and then that coach leaves? Wouldn't that make said player go elsewhere?

Depends on if it's a head coach or a college DC. If it's a head coach...you could be right. If it's the DC, probably not.

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
I would assume that we have our DC in place since we have hired 3 assistant coaches and 1 quality control guy so whomever the DC is would have to sign off on them.

That being said I am actually not all that surprised that no one has any clue who the guy is since Chan Gailey hit us be surprise.

However, if anyone has any info at all, even if when the guy will be named would be much appreciated.

i still think they're waiting to interview somebody from the Colts after the Super Bowl is over.

BuffaloRanger
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Say it with me...Clancy.