PDA

View Full Version : Bills Roster Review: Offensive Tackles

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Over the past several days, we’ve embarked on the long process of breaking down the Buffalo Bills’ roster position-by-position. With our breakdown of the offensive skill positions out of the way, we’ll start talking about the Bills’ beleaguered and overwhelmed offensive line as our State of the Bills Roster series trucks on.

There are two offensive tackles on the field for your run-of-the-mill offensive play in the NFL. Buffalo played seven different players at their tackle positions last season, including left guard Andy Levitre. Of those seven players, four saw playing time at both left and right tackle. This position lacks top-level talent and significant depth, and aside from quarterback is quite easily the Bills’ most pressing need offensively. Should be a fun review, eh?

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/bills-roster-review-offensive-tackles/)

Goobylal
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Right tackle isn't a problem (and the interior is set). And the Bills have a shot at one of the top LT's in the draft.

jamze132
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Finding a dependable LT SHOULD be OBDs top priority this draft, NOT finding the QB of the future on Day 1. Any QB will look better behind a decent line, even the QBs on our current roster. Besides, most feel that the QB class will be better next season and we will probably have a Top 10 pick anyways.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Finding a dependable LT SHOULD be OBDs top priority this draft, NOT finding the QB of the future on Day 1. Any QB will look better behind a decent line, even the QBs on our current roster. Besides, most feel that the QB class will be better next season and we will probably have a Top 10 pick anyways.

I DO NOT think this team will be drafting in the top 5 next year..
I really feel like this team is going to turn the page and move forward...
You can't win when your whole starting team is on the injury RESEREVE...

jamze132
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I DO NOT think this team will be drafting in the top 5 next year..
I really feel like this team is going to turn the page and move forward...
You can't win when your whole starting team is on the injury RESEREVE...
I don't think we'll be drafting in the Top 5 either.
I am not going to say that this team is going to turn the corner, but I think it's possible in a couple of seasons.
I agree that you can't win when most of your starters are on IR.

And with Wood possibly missing some, if not all of next season, we really need to focus on getting quality guys on the O-line early in the draft.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if 3 or our first 5 picks go to the oline...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
we need 2 tackles as starters possibly and also a backup at center and guard possibly too along with depth at tackle...

BuffaloBlitz83
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Buluga looks like an animal. Okung is a pipedream.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
fix the lines obd!!!!!!!!!!!

Goobylal
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
we need 2 tackles as starters possibly and also a backup at center and guard possibly too along with depth at tackle...
As I said above, the Bills "just" need a LT. They have the other positions set, assuming Wood comes back like he should (would send Hangman or Incognito, less likely Levitre, to the bench for depth).