PDA

View Full Version : I met Patrick Lalime today...

G Wolly
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Shopping at FYE Superstore on Transit, everything is on sale since that store is closing.

Anyways, I'm in the game aisle and I look up and notice a tall athletic lookin dude. I realize it's Patty Lalime. So I walk over and say "Excuse me, Patrick Lalime?" He said "Yea nice to meet you" and we shook hands.

I'm not one of those fans who likes to interrupt them when they're in public so I told him I just wanted to say hello and I'd let him get back to shopping. He said he didn't mind and we started some little chit chat about how good the deals are, just seeing what stuff is left, blah blah.

So we part ways and continue shopping. I was looking at getting an Xbox 360. they were refurbished and half price so why the hell not right? Anyways. He's checking out the little Xbox table and I was walking by and he grabbed my attention this time as he was looking at the same box I was.

So he asked me a question about the 360 and I said "why, are you gonna steal it from me? C'mon man." And I got him to laugh a little as he was inquiring the difference between normal and elite systems. He also asked if the controls are similar to the original xbox because he has an xbox hooked up to an arcade machine and was wondering if it would work.

Finally I told him I'll be in Columbus for the game on Saturday and he said "hopefully I'll get to play that one, if I do I'll be looking in the crowd for you."

So we shook hands and parted ways.

Regardless of any opinions you or I have on his gameplay, he was a very nice and courteous guy. Just felt like sharing.

SabreEleven
02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
did you beat him through the 5-hole with a can of tuna?

Dozerdog
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I would have gotten in the same cashier line with him. I'm sure he would have been pulled half way through his order.

BuffaloBillsHeart
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I would like Patrick a lot more, if he could just show some consistency. I mean one week he puts up a tremendous performance (for example the game against the Blackhawks) and then next week (against the Sharks fx.) he totally falls apart. I don't know what it is, but to me it just seems like he lacks consistency.

Dozerdog
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I have a feeling in 6 months G Wolly is going to ask us for advice on how to get rid of Patrick Lalime from his house.

chernobylwraiths
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Hard to be consistent when you play once every two or three weeks.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
My sister sees him quite a bit at a restaurant she works at in Clarence...

Nice guy she said and great to fans and the staff...

Dozerdog
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Didn't he live like a block from that plane crash?

G Wolly
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a feeling in 6 months G Wolly is going to ask us for advice on how to get rid of Patrick Lalime from his house.

Good one.

qcsabresfan84
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Yea I think I remember reading that he was a couple blocks away.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM

Spaulding lake I think he lives..
Thats where alot of guys live..

chernobylwraiths
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM

I thought it was Teppo

DrGraves
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
So the reason he lets in so many goals is because he is looking for random strangers in the crowd while in net?

DrGraves
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I would have gotten in the same cashier line with him. I'm sure he would have been pulled half way through his order.

POST OF THE YEAR. IM STILL IN TEARS LAUGHING AFTER READING THIS!

JD
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I would like Patrick a lot more, if he could just show some consistency. I mean one week he puts up a tremendous performance (for example the game against the Blackhawks) and then next week (against the Sharks fx.) he totally falls apart. I don't know what it is, but to me it just seems like he lacks consistency.

It's tough to build consistency when you're playing every 7-10 games.

JD
02-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Hard to be consistent when you play once every two or three weeks.
:doh:

rbochan
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
It's tough to build consistency when you're playing every 7-10 games.
Sorry, but it's a backup's job to be ready to play cold. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't be a back up.