PDA

View Full Version : Chan on radio in Rochester

evdawg419
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Chan was on the radio this afternoon on WHTK in Rochester. I don't know if he is trying to hide something, but about a little more than halfway through he starts to talk about the staff, here is his quote about dc.

How soon would you like to get a DC on staff?

"Yesterday, but it hasn't worked out. Hopefully we'll get it done before long."

When asked about 3-4, 4-3...

"3-4, 4-3 depends on who we hire and the direction we go with that."

http://whtk.com/podcast/JohnDiTullioShow.xml

He has to be playing dumb. There is no way he can hire the entire staff on the defensive side of the ball, without having any idea of who the DC will be or what kind of scheme he'd want.

SquishDaFish
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
He just cant say anything until Thursday. Its prob a college hire and he is waiting till after recruitment is over which is Wed

WeAreArthurMoates
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
It's not uncommon for teams to hire staff assistants before the coordinators. But I do believe the DC will be a college coach.

EDS
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
He has to be playing dumb. There is no way he can hire the entire staff on the defensive side of the ball, without having any idea of who the DC will be or what kind of scheme he'd want.

That would explain why hiring a DC "hasn't worked out."

SeatownBillsFan21
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
This just shows NO ONE wants to come to the Bills

Tatonka
02-02-2010, 06:33 PM
awesome.. a college d coordinator .. sounds like it will work out great.

YardRat
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I can understand, and have hopped on the bandwagon a little bit, believing it's possible that the new DC may come from a college program and the lack of an announcement is tied to signing day, but am I the only one that is also slightly leery of the ethics of just such a scenario?

Steele - "Come to Clemson! Thanks for signing up with us! Seeya, I just got a new job!" ??

deviantwolf
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
That would explain why hiring a DC "hasn't worked out."

Or could be a someone on either the Colts or Saints staff.

Reason it hasn't worked out is both those teams keep winning and he can't hire them until the Super Bowl is over.

Just tossing that out.

I think he has someone lined up already and it's either college level or a guy from the Colts or Saints.

Night Train
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
A postional coach from either the Saints or Colts.

DrGraves
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
sign me up to be the DC.... i mean common its so easy.

gameplan: blitz a ton, hit the qb. championshp!

Demon
02-03-2010, 01:00 AM
I find it funny how WGR 550 is based in Buffalo, yet, due to their negativity (and realistic views) they get absolutely no Bills guests. Yet, stations in Canada have gotten Nix and now Gailey is on in Rochester.

lol

ChanGailey
02-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Chan was on the radio this afternoon on WHTK in Rochester. I don't know if he is trying to hide something, but about a little more than halfway through he starts to talk about the staff, here is his quote about dc.

How soon would you like to get a DC on staff?

"Yesterday, but it hasn't worked out. Hopefully we'll get it done before long."

When asked about 3-4, 4-3...

"3-4, 4-3 depends on who we hire and the direction we go with that."

http://whtk.com/podcast/JohnDiTullioShow.xml

Remember this is the Bills we're talking about. He'll probably fire half of them a week before the season starts and replace them with Kelly Holcombe.