PDA

View Full Version : Cowher resurfaces, "gut told him" not to come here

realdealryan
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10055/cowher-gut-told-him-buffalo-wasnt-right

Dying_-2-_Live
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Broke my heart reading that.... I just about forgot about the Cowher situation.. then you post this... THANKS ALOT lol

realdealryan
02-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Sorry.

Also, I think his gut looked at our roster.

Iehoshua
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't believe Cowher has a gut.

Joe Fo Sho
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
F*** HIM

jamze132
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow, let's get mad at Cowher because he didn't want to be the HC of the Buffalo Bills. You might as well get mad at 99% of everyone else in the NFL community.

Novacane
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
It's nice to finally hear something right from the horses mouth. At least we know now the Bills really did try and get him.

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
My gut tells me he is being kind. He could have said, that it got pathetic with how many times they called him.

Seriously though, I was told we made a big-time offer for Cowher and tried very hard to get him.

As pathetic as it sounds, I'm proud of the Bills for trying.

Cowher coming here was always just a pipe dream.

The Chan era has begun, and to be honest I am looking forward to seeing how this draft and free agency plays out. If its good, we are looking at the possibility for brighter days.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Its sad when he wants to go to TAMPA instead of B-LO where the fans in TAMPA are just as bandwagon as they come.

If Tampa offerred him $1million more per he would have probably taken the job....

Demon
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
This guy used us to help his buddy land a job. **** this guy.

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Ughhh

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
at least it adds some credence to the fact we did attempt to land him.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
at least it adds some credence to the fact we did attempt to land him.

MAYBE?????
Thats all I will say, Bills did try but was COWHER ever really interested....

Joe Fo Sho
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow, let's get mad at Cowher because he didn't want to be the HC of the Buffalo Bills. You might as well get mad at 99% of everyone else in the NFL community.

Alright, f*** them too.

OpIv37
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
As pathetic as it sounds, I'm proud of the Bills for trying.

I'm sick of simply trying.

I'm sick of that youth soccer "let's not keep score so everyone wins!" mentality.

When are we going to get RESULTS?

SABURZFAN
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
can't really blame Cowher for not coming here.

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
MAYBE?????
Thats all I will say, Bills did try but was COWHER ever really interested....

I dont know.. I never had any real Cowher sources of my own.

I just know I wanted him here like everybody else.

zone
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I would much rather have a guy that is 100% committed and is hungry for his shot to prove himself, then a guy that might leave at the first shot at a opportunity that suits him better.

2 things are for sure;

1) No coach has ever won a super bowl with 2 separate teams
2) You can not be a head coach in the NFL unless your heart is 110% into it, it's a huge commitment and you can't half ass it.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I dont know.. I never had any real Cowher sources of my own.

I just know I wanted him here like everybody else.

Yea i did too...
Think the media LEAD all the Bills fans on and it NEVER was going to happen from what I heard from a great radio source of mine....

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I would much rather have a guy that is 100% committed and is hungry for his shot to prove himself, then a guy that might leave at the first shot at a opportunity that suits him better.

2 things are for sure;

1) No coach has ever won a super bowl with 2 separate teams
2) You can not be a head coach in the NFL unless your heart is 110% into it, it's a huge commitment and you can't half ass it.

ME 2 Im down with CHAN as our coach now..
Let hime do his thing, he has something to prove and I like that in a player and our coach...

hydro
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm sick of simply trying.

I'm sick of that youth soccer "let's not keep score so everyone wins!" mentality.

When are we going to get RESULTS?

When are you going to understand that we will always be a second rate NFL team? Our only chance while Ralph is alive is to get lucky.

wmoz11
02-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd rather hear this than hear that it ever got really close and the Bills just couldn't give up what was necessary to get it done.

Bills41
02-02-2010, 06:48 PM
His gut told him not to come to Buffalo. Who does he think he is, Gibbs on NCIS?

madness
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
His "gut" is a franchise QB.

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd rather hear this than hear that it ever got really close and the Bills just couldn't give up what was necessary to get it done.

Good point.

I think this may get Wilson off the hook in this case, at least a little bit.

Bill Cody
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Ok he said something but I'd still love to hook him up to a lie detector and know the real reasons.

OpIv37
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
When are you going to understand that we will always be a second rate NFL team? Our only chance while Ralph is alive is to get lucky.

yeah, the rational, logical side of me understands that.

The fan side of me says "we're bound to get it right sooner or later! Maybe we can be the 2010 version of the 2008 Dolphins!"

Bill Cody
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM

The fan side of me says "we're bound to get it right sooner or later! Maybe we can be the 2010 version of the 2008 Dolphins!"

Stop the presses OP just said something with a whiff of optimism.:limpclap:

elltrain22
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Screw Cowher!!

Night Train
02-03-2010, 05:39 AM
I see a Monty Pythonesque sketch, with his gut actually talking to him.

YardRat
02-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Ok he said something but I'd still love to hook him up to a lie detector and know the real reasons.

Carolina.

Mahdi
02-03-2010, 06:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10055/cowher-gut-told-him-buffalo-wasnt-right
Guts didn't tell him anything, he didn't have the guts to come here and build a winner.

He wants something easy. I rather have Chan who is hungry to prove something.

ddaryl
02-03-2010, 06:08 AM
I'll direct my anger towards Ralph Wilson. the man responsible for making all Bills fans guts turn sour

Coach Sal
02-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Yea i did too...
Think the media LEAD all the Bills fans on and it NEVER was going to happen from what I heard from a great radio source of mine....

He may have never been coming to Buffalo (which was the 99.9% safe play by everyone to say), but he absolutely WAS interested from their initial conversation. That's why the Bills kept calling.

No radio source you have, TV source someone else has, or sports writer source Pat has is better than the source I have/had on this.

Guaranteed.

I can't convince any one of that without revealing more. So, people can believe what they want. But having the story that they met before anyone should at least show that my source on this was pretty close to the situation, I would think.

tampabay25690
02-03-2010, 07:24 AM
He may have never been coming to Buffalo (which was the 99.9% safe play by everyone to say), but he absolutely WAS interested from their initial conversation. That's why the Bills kept calling.

No radio source you have, TV source someone else has, or sports writer source Pat has is better than the source I have/had on this.

Guaranteed.

I can't convince any one of that without revealing more. So, people can believe what they want. But having the story that they met before anyone should at least show that my source on this was pretty close to the situation, I would think.

Sal I believe what you said, like I said in another thread everyone has sources many more and reliable then others. Since I moved down here 6 years ago I lost touch with a few with the Bills. I have a great source with the Sabres but not as much with the Bills. I do know a very reliable on TV/Radio thats what I was told....
We will or know one will ever know if Bill was ever going to come. To be honest Im so over it anyway, he knew and the worldwide media knew how bad Buffalo and there fans wanted him to coach the Bills. If that wasn't good enough for him Screw it I would rather have a guy that wants to be here....

Don't Panic
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Glad he opened up, and that we were truly aggressive. I am now at peace with the process, and more than ready to move on with Gailey.

Coach Sal
02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
What's amazing to me is that people really believed the only reason the Bills talked to Cowher was to get a recommendation on who they should hire (Gailey).

How naive to believe that.

Cowher may have recommended him after the initial conversations involving him as coach, but that's not whey they talked.

OBD has a pretty poor history of being completely forthright with the media and fans. What in the world would cause anyone to believe that story?

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Good point.

I think this may get Wilson off the hook in this case, at least a little bit.

no it doesn't. that was probably the reason why his gut feeling told him not to come here.

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
I'll direct my anger towards Ralph Wilson. the man responsible for making all Bills fans guts turn sour

and people wonder why Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem.

hydro
02-03-2010, 08:09 AM

That is where that luck part comes in. We have had about as bad of luck as a team can have. It has to turnaround sometime!

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 08:52 AM
cowher half assing it is about 100x better than what we've got right now. that' just simple math.

Tiburon1724
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Is his gut's name Dan Marino? So his gut tells him not to come here but he'll throw his buddy under the bus and have him come here?

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
that is the most perplexing item Tiburon. How can you view something as not a good fit for you but then send your pal in for the job?

Hey, Tiburon, i feel like i'd become a failure if i joined this awful team that can't scout players properly, and when they do, they let them go and play somewhere else. My gut makes me think i'll sink like the titanic. however, i was on your facebook page the other day, and i think you'd really like it over there.

What the hell?

Either the bills are methodically brilliant plotting their course right now, or they are so lost that they don't even know what to do with the very little that goes their way. As a betting man, which do you think is the likeliest of scenarios?

Typ0
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Just a nice way to say this organization is screwed up and incapable of bring what's necessary to win to the table.

Typ0
02-05-2010, 09:54 PM
that is the most perplexing item Tiburon. How can you view something as not a good fit for you but then send your pal in for the job?

Hey, Tiburon, i feel like i'd become a failure if i joined this awful team that can't scout players properly, and when they do, they let them go and play somewhere else. My gut makes me think i'll sink like the titanic. however, i was on your facebook page the other day, and i think you'd really like it over there.

What the hell?

Either the bills are methodically brilliant plotting their course right now, or they are so lost that they don't even know what to do with the very little that goes their way. As a betting man, which do you think is the likeliest of scenarios?

It's one of two things: "hey Chan I owe you one and know you aren't on a fat payroll right now want to make some chump change since no one else is hiring you and I won't be hiring you next season either"

OR

"Hey Chan, I'll be back in coaching next year and I'll bring ya in so go get up to speed with the game again....".

feldspar
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv8_pMR87bE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv8_pMR87bE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cntrygal
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
"Hey Chan, I'll be back in coaching next year and I'll bring ya in so go get up to speed with the game again....".

:sigh:

Cleve
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Sorry.

Also, I think his gut looked at our roster.

I think his gut looked at marketing/bean counter types like Brandon and Littman actually calling the shots, and not Bill Cowher.

Cowher can pick and choose his situation - why waste time on an organization like the Bills that clearly doesn't care about winning?

BertSquirtgum
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Cowher can suck my left nut. **** him.