PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's top 32

X-Era
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Notables:

Anthony Davis at 4- Hes got loads of potential but is too raw to be ranked this high IMO

Jason Pierre-Paul at 5- See Davis

Sam Bradford at 11- This could simply be a "safe" spot in case he isn't able to workout before the draft

Mike Iupati at 17- Way too unpolished for this high a ranking

Jimmy Clausen not in the top 32- In normal years, with a better QB class, this would make sense. But considering hes pretty much considered the #2 guy, I cant see this. I think hes a 10-20 overall pick.

Thoughts?

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Davis has moved up in every draft I have seen.
I wouldnt be surprised if more OL sneak into the 1st round....

X-Era
02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Davis has moved up in every draft I have seen.
I wouldnt be surprised if more OL sneak into the 1st round....

I understand moving him up, but not to 4. They have Okung rated below him at 7 and Okung is much better and much more polished at this point IMO.

I think you may be right on guys moving up into Round 1.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I understand moving him up, but not to 4. They have Okung rated below him at 7 and Okung is much better and much more polished at this point IMO.

I think you may be right on guys moving up into Round 1.

YEA Okung is def the #1 rated OL in this draft....
You may see Davis or Buluga #2 Campbell a close 3...
You may see Pouncey move late in the 1st round near 30 and Iupati in there as well...
OL is where everyone is going now because alot of teams have these 1-2 punch in Backs...............
RUN the Ball and play Defense is what teams are wanting to do more of.....

I have always sadi the front is where you build your team....

X-Era
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
YEA Okung is def the #1 rated OL in this draft....
You may see Davis or Buluga #2 Campbell a close 3...
You may see Pouncey move late in the 1st round near 30 and Iupati in there as well...
OL is where everyone is going now because alot of teams have these 1-2 punch in Backs...............
RUN the Ball and play Defense is what teams are wanting to do more of.....

I have always sadi the front is where you build your team....

Iupati with all those holds? Hes too unpolished to be a 1st rounder. Quite a few drafts dont have a single G go in the 1st round, and with a guy that raw? It may happen, but I dont think he should go that high. His potnetial is very very high though so you may end up being right on that.

Dicknoze69
02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I actually think Davis will be drafted ahead of Okung. I think Okung is slightly overrated by the media types and while he'll be a good tackle, I don't think he has the ability to dominate like a high draft pick should. However, he'd be a fairly safe pick (not a blue chipper though) but his footwork worries me.

Davis is slightly raw, but I remember Rutgers vs. USF and he just steamrolled two high picks in Pierre-Paul and Selvie. I mean it was utter domination. He's got the type of feet and mobility that you look for in a left tackle. I think he's going to move up a lot of draft boards as more scouts get a look at his game.

I think they're fairly similar value, but the question is whether you draft a slightly risky, more upside guy (Davis), or a consistent, good player with limited upside(Okung). Most teams tend to roll the dice.

Either way, I think both are gone by #9. I wouldn't cry if the Bills stood pat and took Bulaga because I think there's a good drop-off to the Campbell/Brown/Williams guys.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Bulaga should be higher. he has jake long written all over him