PDA

View Full Version : Michael Lombardi is reporting Vick will NOT be traded.

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Please let this be true! :pray:

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
No link. It was on NFL Network.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
That sucks

PECKERWOOD
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
So they are going to pay him 8 million to be their 3rd string QB next year? That's absolutely ******ed and a complete waste of cash.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
This is just pure negotiation tactics by the eagles.

1. they will not keep him and pick up his 5 million dollar cap with a 3rd string qb.
2. everyone knows the eagles will try to get the most they can before the cap hit so the ball is in their court. they have no leverage...

this is the eagles trying to gain leverage which will obviously not work because everyone knows they will release him. why give up a pick when u know they cant afford him?

Jaybird
02-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I find that very hard to believe. I can't see them paying a third string QB 5 million plus......o wait maybe that means Kolb or Mcnabb will be made available. One of those boys must be tossing the rock in BLO next season

better days
He will not be traded because no team is stupid enough to make that trade with the Eagles.

NOT THE DUDE...
the bills should just sit and wait.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
the only possible scenario i see is that the eagles could possibly keep vick as a backup and trade kolb or mcnabb...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
that would be great if we could get kevin kolb for a 3rd or 2nd? or mcnabb for the same. as long as we dont give up our 1st i will be happy

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Between McNabb and Kolb, they would trade McNabb. Kolb is the future of that franchise.

Which is sad, because I would give up just about anything to bring Kolb to Buffalo.

X-Era
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
So the Philly paper is crap? Not an indictment of you, just Mike Lombardi.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/02/vick-assured-hell-be-traded/

Dicknoze69
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
This is just pure negotiation tactics by the eagles.

1. they will not keep him and pick up his 5 million dollar cap with a 3rd string qb.
2. everyone knows the eagles will try to get the most they can before the cap hit so the ball is in their court. they have no leverage...

this is the eagles trying to gain leverage which will obviously not work because everyone knows they will release him. why give up a pick when u know they cant afford him?

Yeah I think this is their attempt to get a draft pick out of a team desperate for a QB. I think there's a 1% chance Vick is on the Eagles next season. There's a decent chance someone blows away the Eagles for McNabb and he's dealt. I think there's zero chance Kolb gets dealt.

elltrain22
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
there's no way that Phily's gonna keep him, and pay him 8 mill to play 10 snaps a game. I don't want Vick at all, but I really think, when its all said and done, he'll be a Buffalo Bill in 2010.

Ingtar33
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
of course he won't be traded. he'll be cut.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
the eagles are either using this as a negotiation tactic or they are really going to trade mcnabb or kolb...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
man if the latter is true i would absolutley love mcnabb on the bills! he would solve our qb problem for the next 5 years.

New Ro's Greatest
He wont be traded cause he will be cut. GO BILLS:cas:

realdealryan
there's no way that Phily's gonna keep him, and pay him 8 mill to play 10 snaps a game.

there is no cap, so all current "VALUE" is turned on its ear

I don't want him here because he goes against strong beliefs of mine - HELL, I went and picked up a Pit Bull this afternoon that was being used as a breed dog and had her teeth filed down, etc - but I HOPE that he sucks.

He might not suck. I don't deny that. Maybe the Eagles think that, in an uncapped year, he'd be worth keeping. They certainly have the cash.

PECKERWOOD
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
It's obvious they want McNabb out, they won't trade Kolb, no sir. They are hoping some ****** will offer a 2nd plus other picks and players for him, that way they can build up the rest of their team around Kolb. McNabb has had a Superbowl caliber team around him for the past 5 years and he just hasn't gotten it done, they need to move on.

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Id personally like to see Vick here is thats the best guy we can get without having to draft another QB.

But having said that, I can definitely understand why someone who doesnt like him doesnt want him here.

Raptor
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Dont buy it at all, Vick makes the most sense by far of the three to be moved

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM

I agree. They have a few holes to fill via FA. Gonna pay a 3rd string QB $5.2 million? Was different when it was $1.6 last year

That could easily be an intelligent, well placed team "leak" to try and establish a market for him.

X-Era
02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Chris Brown pretty much squashed the Vick staying in Philly thought:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/02/eagles-now-to-keep-vick/

realdealryan
02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
and if he's there, he might be there with Dick!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/jauron-expected-to-join-eagles-staff/

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
and if he's there, he might be there with Dick!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/jauron-expected-to-join-eagles-staff/

Ralph WIlson loves that post

better days
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM

It's the same as trying to trade Trent Edwards. there is no market for bad QB's.

OpIv37
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
They will end up cutting him.

I don't want him on the Bills, but if the Bills do pick him up, a trade would be asinine. Just wait until they cut him and sign him as a FA. It's worth the risk of being outbid.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah, if the eagles are asking for more than a 6th then just wait till they cut him. i have a feeling though that mcnabb could really be an option for us. especially if farve comes back for 1 year and the cards feel good about leinart...

mrbojanglezs
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
SMOKESCREEN to get more value for him, duh

Syderick
02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
If he's no more then a 4th or 5th round pick or if he gets cut, the Bills probably take a look at him.

ddaryl
02-03-2010, 06:10 AM
So they are going to pay him 8 million to be their 3rd string QB next year? That's absolutely ******ed and a complete waste of cash.

LMFAO who the hell offered Vick 8 million after coming out of prison ?????

No way the Eagle paid the guy that much, and if they did Vick is untradeable. nobody would pay that much for this guy. Nobody in their right mind anyways

billsburgh
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Sal Palantonio was on ESPN radio Philly last night and sited "multiple sources" and said that Vick will absolutely be traded. there's no way he will be an Eagle next year. as someone else said, there's no way the Eagles will publicly announce that they are trading him, there's no trade value then.

kelly2reed4six
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
that would be great if we could get kevin kolb for a 3rd or 2nd? or mcnabb for the same. as long as we dont give up our 1st i will be happy

no way in hell they trade Kolb. If Vick isn't gone, Mcnabb is.

kelly2reed4six
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Truthfully, I could see McNabb and Vick gone. If the franchise is serious about moving forward with Kolb for the future that is.

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:47 AM
if this was a poker play, the eagles just pushed all in with a crappy hand. any self respecting team has to know, "they can't eat 5.2MM for no reason."

The trading team will have to acquire him at $5.2MM which seems a bit high, and rework a deal. I think if you are a team looking at vick and were close on trading a 6 or 7 for vick to do philly a solid, now that they played this douche move, i'd make them have to do it. "Sure, sign him. we aren't offering anything for an overpriced $5.2MM QB who hasn't contributed in a meaninful way for almost 3 years."

and by the way, i asked this yesterday, why does anyone have to offer a trade to the eagles? if the eagles don't pick up the option, vick is on the market.

Ed
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Why would any team be stupid enough to trade a pick for Vick when they could have just signed him last year without giving up anything? He did nothing for Philly this past season, so why would his value now go up? The Eagles have to cut him, so why make a trade? No one wanted him last year, but now teams are going to trade a pick for him. Give me a break.

I would hate it if we signed Vick for the reasons that he's a lousy qb and human being. But if we were to trade picks for him too, well then you can put Buffalo right up there with Oakland as the dumbest franchises in the league.

patmoran2006
02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Why would any team be stupid enough to trade a pick for Vick when they could have just signed him last year without giving up anything? He did nothing for Philly this past season, so why would his value now go up? The Eagles have to cut him, so why make a trade? No one wanted him last year, but now teams are going to trade a pick for him. Give me a break.

I would hate it if we signed Vick for the reasons that he's a lousy qb and human being. But if we were to trade picks for him too, well then you can put Buffalo right up there with Oakland as the dumbest franchises in the league.

I think for the same reason nobody was interested in Owens last year. He had to prove he can be a good "citizen" first and foremost.

Vick will be traded I think IF there is a market for him, meaning mutilple suitors. If there isn't, then Philly likely cuts him.

I dont care what that report said yesterday, I dont see how they don't trade or cut Vick. $5.2 million for a third string QB is crazy, last year was excusable has his contract in 2009 was affordable.