PDA

View Full Version : If you could rewind a month

patmoran2006
02-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Knowing the head coach and most the coaching staff that has been announced (minus a mystery coordinator)

Would you prefer if the Bills proceeded as is with Gailey, Modkins, Smith (insert other new coaches)

Or do you wish the Bills had retained Perry Fewell and brought back the entire 2009 coaching staff?

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
New staff. Hands down Pat.

I mean, defensive coordinator is the deciding factor for me, but I have to tell you the experience Gailey has brought in gives me hope that we might actually start having something to play for.

Good teachers, good experience, good all around assistant coaches.

Plus, Gailey is an offensive guy. Which I believe we needed.

X-Era
02-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Knowing the head coach and most the coaching staff that has been announced (minus a mystery coordinator)

Would you prefer if the Bills proceeded as is with Gailey, Modkins, Smith (insert other new coaches)

Or do you wish the Bills had retained Perry Fewell and brought back the entire 2009 coaching staff?

Fewell was a joke who would have been convinced Fitz is all we need at QB... No, I'm glad were in a new direction. I'm just not too hopeful the results will be much better.

Bill Cody
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM

A pity there's not an option C

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I'll take Chans offense over fewells D.

Nighthawk
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm excited about the direction we are heading...don't ask me why, but my gut tells me we are finally moving in the right direction.

evdawg419
02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Regardless of what I think of the new staff, we needed change. We needed a fresh set of eyes that didn't have any prior attachments, to evaluate our players.

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm excited about the direction we are heading...don't ask me why, but my gut tells me we are finally moving in the right direction.

I trust your gut Nighthawk! :up:

DrGraves
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
It unfortunate that I manage to convince myself that the mediocre/poor moves that the organization makes each off season will magically make us competitive... when will I learn?

BILLSROCK1212
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Nix and Gailey know what they are doing...they didn't take the job just to screw us over, they WANT to win unlike past administrations

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
If we had an offense that was ranked 15th, we could've been fighting for wilcard with our D. It's not hard to duplicate the D we had and I think Chan can give us a way better offense than what we had.

If anything, I'm glad we're trying an offensive minded coach for a change.

T-Long
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
New staff...not even a discussion.

Dying_-2-_Live
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
i'll take Chan 10/10

elltrain22
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I am totally down w/ our new coaching regime. I think Gailey's gonna do a good job.

Saratoga Slim
02-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm awaiting our DC selection, but whether that ends up being a college guy or someone on the Colts/Saints staff, I'm still happier than if we kept Fewell & Co.

1. Fewell may totally deserve the opportunity, and may be a great coach. But the club really needed a change. Regardless of what the players say about Jauron/Fewell, you just simply can't lose for four years in a row, keep the same guys in charge, and expect that it won't impact team confidence. There IS such a thing as a losing culture.

2. If Fewell & Chan are about even in terms of attractiveness, I'll take the offensive guy at this point. I can't even imagine another three years of watching our offense put up 12 points a game.

3. I've got a homeristic inkling that Chan might actually be a very good coach for this team. Once the fan/pundit furor died down, there have been enough positive comments from fairly respectable sources to give me some optimism. He's not sexy, but he's certainly done enough to merit a second chance at an NFL head coaching job. Indeed, I think his resume in that respect was quite a bit stronger than Perry's.

Jeff1220
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
New staff, for most of the same reasons as stated.

I'm also hoping that with the media/fan snickers about his hire, and after all the Cowher/Schotty/etc letdown talk, Gailey comes in with a huge chip on his shoulder to prove to everyone his worth.

Nighthawk
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I trust your gut Nighthawk! :up:

IMO, it has to be true, because my gut usually doesn't suggest this for the Bills. I feel good about them right now. I'm anxious to see who they get in FA and the draft. I hope we go to the 3-4...my gut also tells me that would be the best move.

Demon
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
New staff without a question. And here's why-

Our offense last season was a joke. In the perfect world, i would have wished things didn't go as rough as they did with Nix giving all the coaches boxes and kicking them to the curb. But it had to be done. Most of them were jokes. Our offense was a joke. When i think of last season is a "pop warner" type offense. The Browns game. The Saints game where our only TD score came by way of Brian Moorman. The Miami game where we scored only 7 points on "FISH WEEK" until the final 4 minutes. WTF.... where was the offense the entire game?

Gailey is an offensive mind. He will do some stuff we havn't seen in years. He has nothing to lose. We may lose, but we'll lose with a fight. While Curtis Modkins isn't exactly my top choice O.C. it's just a assistant for Gailey who is the O.C. I like the addition of George Cortez who was a offensive mastermind in the CFL. I just have to think that Cortez and Gailey will be talking A LOT and trying to out smart the opponent.

We may not win more often, i don't know... it is what it is with our talent, but we will be more exciting to watch. They will give teams fights. We may even be in a shootout, who knows?

But, i'll take it over the Fewell and other bums 10 out of 10 times as someone said it above.

Oaf
02-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Frazier?

YardRat
02-03-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm waiting for the entire staff to be revealed before going into specifics, but a new direction was badly needed. April wouldn't have come back anyway, not to be picky.

Buddo
02-03-2010, 04:36 AM
The only way Fewell would have worked, is if he had cleaned house on the Offensive side, brought in Gailey (or Al Saunders, as Frazier was reported to have been doing), and let the new OC sort his own staff out.

As things stand, I think Gailey is a solid to good hire. We desperately needed a genuine offensive mind.
We haven't had an offense that worked consistently, in years, and with Jauron as HC, just about all development of offensive players, has been despite him, as opposed to because of him.
It simply has to be Gailey > Fewell.
I'm also fairly pleased that Gailey has managed to keep some of the more talented coaches on board - to me that shows the sort of pragmatism that has been almost a 'trademark' of his offenses.

zone
02-03-2010, 05:13 AM
It isn't even close, the new staff without a doubt.

Fewell is not ready to be a head coach and most likely never will be, IMO.

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM

Gailey and company. this team needed some people outside of this organization.

EDS
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Nix and Gailey know what they are doing...they didn't take the job just to screw us over, they WANT to win unlike past administrations

I never realized that Donahoe, Marv, Jauron, Williams and Mularky all did not want to win. It is so obvious now!