PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Jauron to join Eagles

wmoz11
02-02-2010, 08:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/jauron-expected-to-join-eagles-staff/

The National Football Post reports that it is "hearing" former Bills head coach Dick Jauron will be added to the Eagles' staff.

FlyingDutchman
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
nice guy, crappy coach. good luck man

Ebenezer
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
RW is happy....that'll save the bills some money.

OpIv37
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Andy- do yourself a favor by making sure Jauron is far enough away from the sidelines that the refs can't see him call time out. And don't let him anywhere near the challenge flag.

You should let him work with S/T in practice though. He's great at icing his own kicker.

Syderick
02-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Both April and Jauron are in Philidelphia. Interesting.

wmoz11
02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
He's officially the new DB's coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/eagles-add-dick-jauron-as-dbs-coach/

SabreEleven
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
They'll win a SB win in 3 years. Buffalo Curse.

Nighthawk
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
They can have him...he sucks!

bigbub2352
02-02-2010, 09:16 PM
bye skeletor

Oaf
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
He went to HC to a DBs coach? Someone mentioned this saves us the salary we owe him?

Ebenezer
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
He went to HC to a DBs coach? Someone mentioned this saves us the salary we owe him?
not all of it..only the amount the Eagles pay him. If RW owes him $3mil a year and the Eagles pay him $1mil then RW still has to pay him $2mil.

Dying_-2-_Live
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
He wont be making a mil. Probably something along the lines of $850,000

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
:monkeyp:Dickie J

So long!

:jig:

raphael120
02-02-2010, 10:22 PM
He's officially the new DB's coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/eagles-add-dick-jauron-as-dbs-coach/

And that's the Bills way of things. Ralph thought he was good enough for a head coach, a REAL team like the Eagles know he's no better than a DB coach. That's quite a demotion.

That's been the Bills MO the past 10 years and it stays the same to this day. Retreads and unqualified people getting promotions and raises for no reason other than it's cheap and easy.

Typ0
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
such a crappy way of looking at things. DJ took a job he thought well about that's all it means. I don't know if you've noticed but there isn't a lot of head coaching jobs in the NFL. He doesn't want his career to be over.

And that's the Bills way of things. Ralph thought he was good enough for a head coach, a REAL team like the Eagles know he's no better than a DB coach. That's quite a demotion.

That's been the Bills MO the past 10 years and it stays the same to this day. Retreads and unqualified people getting promotions and raises for no reason other than it's cheap and easy.

YardRat
02-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Glad he found a job, if he really wanted to stay in the league.

Personally, I would have looked long and hard at that 3mil over the next few years and seriously considered a condo on a golf course and working on my chipping and putting.

Ron Burgundy
02-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Hey Andy- do yourself a favor by making sure Jauron is far enough away from the sidelines that the refs can't see him call time out. And don't let him anywhere near the challenge flag.

Reid can screw those things up quite nicely on his own, thank you very much.

justasportsfan
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey Dick. Fewell is the DC of the giants.

jack1022
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
He must really love football... 3 yrs of relaxing or DB's coach.. give him credit for loving the game...

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
i hate dick jauron the coach. he seems like a nice man.

i bet that DB coach is what he understands the best, hence his facination in drafting CB after CB after CB. Then he developed other non-drafted CBs nicely.

This is probably a good fit for him.

He will not wiff a hc position ever again, and he knows it.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Holy crap he went from HC to DB coach.

Ickybaluky
02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Peter King says he took the Eagles job after getting turned down by Princeton.

That strikes me as odd, though, since Princeton hired Bob Surace before Christmas. So... either Jauron was trying to take the job of a guy who was just hired, or he wanted to take a job on his staff. It is almost certainly the latter, as Surace is currently filling out his staff.

That means Jauron took the Eagles DB Coach job after getting turned down for an assistant position at Princeton.

Wow.

trapezeus
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
i don't think jauron's stock is going to rise much past DC at this point in his career. Being in the top 5 of all time worst coaches doesn't help.

He is well liked though, and that keeps him in football.

College seems like a good fit with Jauron. he's a players coach and can develop players who are young. he loses players who are old enough to not want to play in the "everybody is a winner" attitude.

If jauron felt unjustly ripped apart in buffalo, enjoy philly. those fans are ruthless.

ParanoidAndroid
02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Peter King says he took the Eagles job after getting turned down by Princeton.

That strikes me as odd, though, since Princeton hired Bob Surace before Christmas. So... either Jauron was trying to take the job of a guy who was just hired, or he wanted to take a job on his staff. It is almost certainly the latter, as Surace is currently filling out his staff.

That means Jauron took the Eagles DB Coach job after getting turned down for an assistant position at Princeton.

Wow.
Wasn't Jauron fired well before Christmas? I'm not sure that he was sitting on an offer from Philly and waiting to hear from Princeton until now.
The Princeton thing could have ended before Christmas. :idunno:

Ickybaluky
02-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Wasn't Jauron fired well before Christmas? I'm not sure that he was sitting on an offer from Philly and waiting to hear from Princeton until now.
The Princeton thing could have ended before Christmas. :idunno:

That makes more sense. King made it sound like he was waiting on Princeton, but he had to be trying for HC.

DynaPaul
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Well he's finally coaching to his level now as the DB Coach.