Question: Would Yankee fans have issue if NFL got rid of salary cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Question: Would Yankee fans have issue if NFL got rid of salary cap?

Lots of Yankee fans don't care about the payroll. And they want to add more big names, expanding the payroll differential yearly. So I ask... would you have an issue if the NFL adapted that policy and teams like Dallas, Washington, Miami, Giants, Jets, Oak could spend as much as they desired to sign every free agent they desired. Making us even further less competitive. Would you keep it real and only blame Ralph or would you point finger at the big spenders like fans of small market teams do with the yanks. I think it gives you a good perspective when shoe is on other foot. Being on other side of stick.
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

Re: Question: Would Yankee fans have issue if NFL got rid of salary cap?

If the league were to get rid of the salary cap... The Bills would be gone
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

No issue here.

If the Bills really were really "gone" if so, then they were never really viable, IMO.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Iehoshua
        No issue here.

If the Bills really were really "gone" if so, then they were never really viable, IMO.
        So you wouldn't argue, it isn't fair. We have a competitive disadvantage, we play in buffalo and don't have a stadium with PSL's. We can never sign a max contract guy?

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

B Blitz great thread....
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
            So you wouldn't argue, it isn't fair. We have a competitive disadvantage, we play in buffalo and don't have a stadium with PSL's. We can never sign a max contract guy?
            Why not?

Pay the man.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Didn't we go to 4 back to back Superbowl's when there was no cap?

Comment

• Stewie
                Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                • Aug 2002

no cap doesn't mean the bills will be gone.. they can always spend their way to profitability, whether that means a 30 million payroll is another story.
                Originally posted by Topdog
                Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                I love Weiner.
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                also cheese

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

yanks "fans" are spoiled.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
                    yanks "fans" are spoiled.
                    Sure, they "play within the rules" by paying luxury taxes and whatnot, but when you're one of the most popular cities in the WORLD, of course you have large amounts of money to spend for talent.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                      Didn't we go to 4 back to back Superbowl's when there was no cap?

yeah but there wasn't any "real" free agency either. the NFL's concession to free agency (which the players believed would explode salaries, and they were right) was a salary cap.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

The Old Fart would just have to reach deeper in his crusty pockets.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

Well seeing the Bills were at there best with no cap, I think we will survive.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                            yeah but there wasn't any "real" free agency either. the NFL's concession to free agency (which the players believed would explode salaries, and they were right) was a salary cap.

Bingo...and that is the whole key right there...while playing in the current salary cap era the Bills haven't made the playoffs...however, back in the early 90s there was no free agency...players had no movement rights and the introduction of true free agency is what started to bring down the Bills (re: Will Wolford poison pill contract from Indi). In the atmosphere of 2010 the Bills would be relegated to Pittsburgh Pirate status (and not because RW is cheap).

I've always argued on how Bills fans who watch a team that would have a chance (if not for the FO) to succeed could possibly root for the Yankees - the antithesis of how the Bills have to work. It would be like being a Cowboys fan in the NFL without a cap.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                              Well seeing the Bills were at there best with no cap, I think we will survive.
                              Read posts above. There was not FA in those days. Our stars could not go anywhere else

Comment

Working...
                              X