PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills can't pass on Jimmy Clausen

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100203/SPORTS0101/2030354/tbd

The Buffalo Bills have the No. 9 overall pick in the NFL draft on April 22, and if they're fortunate, they'll have the opportunity to select Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen.

If he's available, and the Bills ignore him, it would be a huge mistake.

The King
02-03-2010, 11:00 AM
they better ignore him.

hydro
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Bob Matthews doesn't know what he is talking about Corey :ill:

BillsWin
02-03-2010, 11:06 AM
The same can be said about Bradford. Although there is a better chance of Clausen being there than Bradford.

T-Long
02-03-2010, 11:06 AM
read this this morning, but thought I would get hammered if I posted it. Glad you did!

Beebe's Kid
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Well then...there you have it. **** whatever Nix thinks...Matthews is all over it.

I hope the team stands up and takes notice....

If Nix makes this pick, he just might be lucky enough to land a job writing, nuggets of wisdom like this, for the Democrat and Chronicle.

I am not saying Clausen is a horrible pick. I would prefer Bradford. I don't know if Clausen will have what it takes. Matthews has a laundry list of excuses as to why the guy didn't win in college, and excuses don't work for me anymore.

Maybe he is good...I am not an NFL talent evaluator.... but my money would be on Bradford being far better. If given the choice, I would pass on Clausen for McClain, or best LT or LB available.

patmoran2006
02-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Athough I love reading up on prospects and learning more about them (Thanks Draft Boy among others).. I loathe mock drafts in January/February and I can't for the life of me see how people make a case for a guy that may not even be a NEED come APril 22nd.

What if the Bills get Vick or a QB in trade or FA before the draft?

DraftBoy
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Athough I love reading up on prospects and learning more about them (Thanks Draft Boy among others).. I loathe mock drafts in January/February and I can't for the life of me see how people make a case for a guy that may not even be a NEED come APril 22nd.

QB is still a need, Vick is 30 and his legs are going, unless he magically becomes a better passer he's only got till his legs are done in this league (2 maybe 3 more years?).

I dont see any FA options that are going to end QB as a need heading into April at this point.

patmoran2006
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
QB is still a need, Vick is 30 and his legs are going, unless he magically becomes a better passer he's only got till his legs are done in this league (2 maybe 3 more years?).

I dont see any FA options that are going to end QB as a need heading into April at this point.

If the draft was tomorrow and Clausen was the board at #9 I would take him.

But a lot can change before that. I'm not saying I expect it to.

But I think if they make any move at QB in FA or trade they dont take a QB #9 when they have Fitzpatrick, Brohm and whomever that pick up would be.

If we DO draft a QB, I hope its more of a blue chipper like Clausen or Bradford, because im very sick of project QBs

Commissioner
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Haha... a writer who thinks he's become an NFL scout.

Gimme a break...

Clausen's got a average arm with poor accuracy..... just what we need.

ddaryl
02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Bradford has better accuracy....

Clausen IMO has the stronger arm and some swagger

I am still doing my research on these 2 but right now its hard to pick one or the other.

I personally don't care what people think about Clausen's personality. He hasn't been tossed in jail or anything so a little ****y attitude would be welcomed here IMO.

Bradford however has some injury concerns but his accuracy would be greatly appreciated here...

It doesn't matter which QB was to be drafted I would exepct both of them to ride the pine for a year or so before being a full time starter.

tatersalad
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM

why are gis legs gone? he hasn't taken punishment in yrs I disagree he is going to be determined to get back to a GREAT level we are talking about the same guy taht was the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL!!! I would hate to have to game plan for him and play us he has an arm can stretch the field and hopefully a new found maturity

Mitchell55
02-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate
Kelly ****y and stronger arm

Ron Burgundy
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM

It's ******ed, isn't it? I like the draft and I love college football, but that kind of behavior is nothing short of masturbatory.

RockStar36
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Bradford has better accuracy....

Clausen IMO has the stronger arm and some swagger

I am still doing my research on these 2 but right now its hard to pick one or the other.

I personally don't care what people think about Clausen's personality. He hasn't been tossed in jail or anything so a little ****y attitude would be welcomed here IMO.

Bradford however has some injury concerns but his accuracy would be greatly appreciated here...

It doesn't matter which QB was to be drafted I would exepct both of them to ride the pine for a year or so before being a full time starter.

Weren't we saying the same thing when Losman was drafted?

patmoran2006
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate

what?????????????????????????????

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM

If we get vick, we still need a franchise qb. Personally, I think getting vick would be a way of deferring the search for a franchise qb until next year, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to get him and still draft Claussen. I wouldn't like the move because I don't want either one, but I could see the logic in it.

Mahdi
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Gimme a break...

68% completions is pretty accurate and from all accounts and watching video he has a strong arm.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh Op you don't have to hate Claussen to prove you aren't a Notre Dame super lover.

FlyingDutchman
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Bob Matthews is a moron

FlyingDutchman
02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate

tell me you were writing this to be funny....

justasportsfan
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
tell me you were writing this to be funny....
nope. He's serious.

DrGraves
02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Thurm Vick is going to be our next Qb whether you like it or not lol

Bill Cody
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

:1:

mrbojanglezs
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
they can and they will, bradford or no qbs in this draft

Ingtar33
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate

wow... dude. you're like 16 right?

which means you were 5 when marino retired and 2 when kelly did. no one who saw either play would compare them to bradford and clausen.

i mean... wow.

you left me speechless

-as to the article in question. i would postulate that its dead wrong. Bradford i'd flip if we skipped. if the choice is Clausen or an OT/DT i'd take the lineman.

He has ideal size for an NFL quarterback: 6-foot-3, 223 pounds.
I suspect at the combine it will turn out that Clausen is 6'1"... he looks much shorter then 6'3" when he's on the field.

Canadian'eh!
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
wow... dude. you're like 16 right?

which means you were 5 when marino retired and 2 when kelly did. no one who saw either play would compare them to bradford and clausen.

i mean... wow.

you left me speechless

-as to the article in question. i would postulate that its dead wrong. Bradford i'd flip if we skipped. if the choice is Clausen or an OT/DT i'd take the lineman.

Clausen will be a monster bust. I wouldn't take him in round 2.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-03-2010, 01:40 PM
vick or mcnabb will be our next qb , most likely vick....

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 01:40 PM

not me.

SABURZFAN
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
68% completions is pretty accurate and from all accounts and watching video he has a strong arm.

against weak ass college teams that ND was playing isn't saying much.

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh Op you don't have to hate Claussen to prove you aren't a Notre Dame super lover.
I don't hate claussen at all. The dude was money at ND. Yeah, the team lost a lot of games while he was there, but only one or two of them were his fault. The teamblost in spite of him putting up massive stats and generally playing well.

I just don't see him being successful in the NFL, especially in Buffalo. He had 4 sr's on his o line, and two great receivers in Floyd and Tate, and a solid TE as well. We don't have nearly the equivalent in Buffalo.

HAMMER
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Guys, he is not a pickle, his name is Clausen.

ChanGailey
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't want either. Bradford is glass and Claussen is an ass.

Buffalogic
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Clausen = another giant setback for the bills. Bradford would be a better choice if we were going to go with a rookie starter.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the best option for the 2010 season is Vick at qb. I think Gailey could get a lot out of him.

PromoTheRobot
02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
If Bob Matthews says something, you can't take it to the bank...that he's DEAD WRONG. Unless it's about horse racing, Matthews is an idiot.

PTR

HAMMER
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Nothing screams idiot louder than a message board poster calling a long time sports journalist an idiot.

Night Train
02-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Bob Matthews is a moron

Matthews barely follows most sports and I'm surprised the Rochester D&C still carries his work. He's usually dead wrong in his opinions. He should have retired years ago.

He reminds me of that Buffalo guy in the 1990's.. Art Wander, who was basically talking from a barstool at the Falcon Inn.

ddaryl
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Not really I don't recall ever talking about Losmans cokcle doodle doo demeanor.

but we can all say something similiar about kelly to.... Lots of people weren't ovelry enamored with his personality either. Even after he became a Bill and we were winning there we people who didn't like him. My wife is one of those people. She still looks down on the guy, and nothing I say changes that.

I'll wait for more info to flow in regards to Clausen... but I do like Bradfords accuracy over Clausens. That is most important

ByrdsTheWord
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Clausen=Kelly
Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate

How is Clausen like Kelly? Sorry but Marino had a stronger arm than Kelly.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Buluga or Anthony Davis! we need a QB to protect. Claussen will be bust. Bradford will be good. But neither will survive with Doushbag Bell

BuffaloRanger
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Buluga or Anthony Davis! we need a QB to protect. Claussen will be bust. Bradford will be good. But neither will survive with Doushbag Bell

THANK YOU!! Everybody else writes like a rookie QB would do just find behind one of the worst Olines in football.

Who is our starting LT?? Who is our starting RT???

Fix the Oline!

Heck I'd take a LB at #9 before a QB. Worst Qb draft in years.

YardRat
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
You start with the lines, and build out from there. It's not difficult to understand, and even if you're a relative 'newbie' to following football or the Bills you should have learned something from recent history.

The only worst first-round picks for this year than QB would be punter, kicker and tight end.

scartown
02-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind Clausen at 9 but he's not my first choice there.

McClain
Bulaga
Clausen

In that order

PECKERWOOD
02-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Gimme a break...

Poor accuracy and an average arm.. Have you even watched Clausen play? I don't mean to undermine you, but those are pretty much the guy's strengths...

Mahdi
02-03-2010, 07:15 PM
against weak ass college teams that ND was playing isn't saying much.
So was he inaccurate or was he accurate against weak competition? 68% is accurate no matter who you are playing against.

elltrain22
02-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Clausen or Bradford, but at this point, I think if Rolando McClain is on the board, he's the guy we should draft. I'm telling ya right now, that guy would make an immediate impact, especially if we go 3-4. My order of preference is: McClain, Campbell, Bradford, Baluga, Davis, Clausen, Morgan, Graham

superbills
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Clausen = Joey Harrington. Enough Said.

psubills62
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
The Bills can't pass on Jimmy Clausen? Sure they can, it goes something like this:

"With the 9th pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select [Bryan Bulaga or Rolando McClain]!"

psubills62
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Clausen = Joey Harrington. Enough Said.

Not picking on you specifically, but I love when people say "Enough said" or "Case closed" on a message board. If it's even a MINOR thing, someone will have something more to say about it.

I could say "The Earth is round, case closed," and I'd find people who disagree with me.

Don't mind me, just amusing myself over here.

BertSquirtgum
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
i'll take the best left tackle remaining or mcclain. i would rather have mcclain personally though. quarterback class is much better next year.

PromoTheRobot
02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
There are 3 or 4 Jimmy Clausens or Brady Quinn or Matt Leinerts every year. Every year the peanut gallery gets all breathless over some can't-miss franchise QB we gotta have. Funny how they never bring those guys up after.

PTR

k-oneputt
02-04-2010, 07:51 AM
You mean like Stafford and Sanchez this past year and Ryan and Flacco the year before ?
Clausen or Bradford would sure beat the hell out of Fitz, Edwards, or Brohm.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 07:54 AM
THANK YOU!! Everybody else writes like a rookie QB would do just find behind one of the worst Olines in football.

Fix the Oline!

I don't see why the line can't be fixed if we don't draft LT in the first round. There are 7 other rounds and Free agency.

Stop being so closed minded people. QB is the most important position 10 times more than any other IMO. I agree we need an LT but after that the line is pretty much in order. I am confident there will be an adequate LT in round 2-4 or in Free Agency.

kernowboy
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't see why the line can't be fixed if we don't draft LT in the first round. There are 7 other rounds and Free agency.

Stop being so closed minded people. QB is the most important position 10 times more than any other IMO. I agree we need an LT but after that the line is pretty much in order. I am confident there will be an adequate LT in round 2-4 or in Free Agency.

good luck on that - free agency is non-existent, and like in 2008 all the LTs will be gone at the end of R1

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 09:13 AM
good luck on that - free agency is non-existent, and like in 2008 all the LTs will be gone at the end of R1
What about in 2009?

superbills
02-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Not picking on you specifically, but I love when people say "Enough said" or "Case closed" on a message board. If it's even a MINOR thing, someone will have something more to say about it.

I could say "The Earth is round, case closed," and I'd find people who disagree with me.

Don't mind me, just amusing myself over here.

Haha! I know what you're talking about. As if everyone should just shut their mouths because I gave my decree! I guess I was more trying to put an emphasis on my point of view than the overall discussion. As in, without need to elaborate ad nauseum, here's my take. We could certainly compare Clausen to other busts in the league (David Carr comes to mind as well) but when I look at the situation I think he has Harrington written all over him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
There are 3 or 4 Jimmy Clausens or Brady Quinn or Matt Leinerts every year. Every year the peanut gallery gets all breathless over some can't-miss franchise QB we gotta have. Funny how they never bring those guys up after.

PTR

My god people stop putting words in mouths. I don't think anyone would dare say that Bradford or Clausen are sure fire. They are however the top prospects at the position we have a GLARING need, and is the most important on the football field. That is all we are saying. No LT in this draft is sure fire either.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Haha! I know what you're talking about. As if everyone should just shut their mouths because I gave my decree! I guess I was more trying to put an emphasis on my point of view than the overall discussion. As in, without need to elaborate ad nauseum, here's my take. We could certainly compare Clausen to other busts in the league (David Carr comes to mind as well) but when I look at the situation I think he has Harrington written all over him.
What makes you believe that Bradford and Clausen would be Carr and Harrington, more than Sanchez and Stafford or Ryan and Flacco?

I don't remember Sanchez, Stafford, Ryan or Flacco being sure fire QB prospects. All had negatives coming out just as Bradford and Clausen do.

k-oneputt
02-04-2010, 09:44 AM
There are no guarantees with anyone but if you are gonna take a chance on someone high in the draft i'd rather have it on a qb then some undersized one year wonder d-end.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
There are no guarantees with anyone but if you are gonna take a chance on someone high in the draft i'd rather have it on a qb then some undersized one year wonder d-end.
NO DOUBT!

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Fix the Oline!

There is more than one way to skin a cat, although you do make a point, but my point is that we need to stick to a philosophy and abide by it. You either take Clausen or Bradford and then you trade back up into the 1st for a left tackle or you take a left tackle with our 1st and you take a right tackle in the 2nd or 3rd depending on where the value is at, it's really as simple as that.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
So was he inaccurate or was he accurate against weak competition? 68% is accurate no matter who you are playing against.

doesn't mean it will translate to the NFL. the worst NFL defense is a lot better than the best college defenses. something Clausen really never faced at ND.

bigfish2112
02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
[quote=SABURZFAN]doesn't mean it will translate to the NFL. the worst NFL defense is a lot better than the best college defenses. something Clausen really never faced at ND.[/quote So Your telling me somebody like flacco doesnt translate even though he was in division 2 come on! Clausen will be good better than sanchez in newyork.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
There is more than one way to skin a cat, although you do make a point, but my point is that we need to stick to a philosophy and abide by it. You either take Clausen or Bradford and then you trade back up into the 1st for a left tackle or you take a left tackle with our 1st and you take a right tackle in the 2nd or 3rd depending on where the value is at, it's really as simple as that.
Agreed. I am not saying that BuffaloRanger's way isn't also a good solution, just it isn't my perfered way of doing things.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
doesn't mean it will translate to the NFL. the worst NFL defense is a lot better than the best college defenses. something Clausen really never faced at ND.
Is this true?

I swear Notre Dame played USC, Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, U Conn, Perdue, and Boston College last year.

My god it isn't like Notre Dame played a bunch of 1 AA teams last year.

Sure they lost to Navy but Navy was 10-4 last year.

Can't believe I am even sticking up for ND either but people act like they played Slippery Rock and Youngstown state every game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Plus in that Navy game he had 452 yards passing 2 tds 1 int.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
He put up 340 yards 5 tds and 0 ints vs Stanford.

They were pretty good last year weren't they?

Mr. Pink
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Claussen = worse than Brady Quinn.

Just say no.

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Is this true?

I swear Notre Dame played USC, Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, U Conn, Perdue, and Boston College last year.

My god it isn't like Notre Dame played a bunch of 1 AA teams last year.

Sure they lost to Navy but Navy was 10-4 last year.

Can't believe I am even sticking up for ND either but people act like they played Slippery Rock and Youngstown state every game.

And of those teams only USC had even close to an NFL Caliber D and even their D this year was extremely weak.

Commissioner
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm a huge Notre Dame fan... and i think Clausen is a pile of crap. I had really high hopes for him ever since Weis recruited him. He was talked about as having an Elway type arm.... something i absolutely never saw.

He's a pile of dog crap.... and the last thing we need is another california QB.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Claussen = worse than Brady Quinn.

Just say no.
Seriously Tom.

Why do you say this?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
And of those teams only USC had even close to an NFL Caliber D and even their D this year was extremely weak.
I think you got what I was trying to say though.

Mr. Pink
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Seriously Tom.

Why do you say this?

Because it's true.

Quinn is/was a much better QB than Claussen and he's garbage at the NFL level.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Because it's true.

Quinn is/was a much better QB than Claussen and he's garbage at the NFL level.
I thought Quinn had started to turn it around a little last year.

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I think you got what I was trying to say though.

Not really.

Notre Dame plays a rather weak schedule in general with their only test really being USC in recent years. Pitt is another good team they play but its not like they are running the SEC guantlet ever.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Not really.

Notre Dame plays a rather weak schedule in general with their only test really being USC in recent years. Pitt is another good team they play but its not like they are running the SEC guantlet ever.
Didn't say he plays same level as SEC. Just saying the mindset that ND only plays crap teams is a little overstated. Can you give me that much? :please:

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Didn't say he plays same level as SEC. Just saying the mindset that ND only plays crap teams is a little overstated. Can you give me that much? :please:

Do they play FCS, DII, or DIII Level Competition? No
But they do play a schedule of weaker teams who for the most part haven't been strong in quite a while. So while he plays FBS level competition it is very far from even playing good defenses.

HAMMER
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Clausen will be gone by 9, don't worry your little heads about it.

Ground Chuck
02-04-2010, 09:01 PM
ND lost to a lot of lousy teams last year.

Realistically, their schedule is middle of the road, but Weis really softened it up the last few years. They always play USC, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, and Navy which I guess would be a middle of the road conference.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Gotta go QB in the first if you ask me.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Gotta go QB in the first if you ask me.

Only if Clausen or Bradford are still on the board.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
If one is there you absolutely have to go QB at 9 either Clausen or Bradford.

For anyone who thinks this year's QB class is the weakest in years, wait till you see next year's dogs at QB. What the **** has Locker proven other than he has great "measureables," except for the minor problem that he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. And Mallett? Please, kid is almost as inaccurate as Locker. Next year's class you'll see might be remembered as the worst since Carr and Harrington, and even worse than that. At least Carr and Harrington had proven something in college.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:36 AM
If one is there you absolutely have to go QB at 9 either Clausen or Bradford.

For anyone who thinks this year's QB class is the weakest in years, wait till you see next year's dogs at QB. What the **** has Locker proven other than he has great "measureables," except for the minor problem that he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. And Mallett? Please, kid is almost as inaccurate as Locker. Next year's class you'll see might be remembered as the worst since Carr and Harrington, and even worse than that. At least Carr and Harrington had proven something in college.

Yea...cuz Tom Brady did so much in college.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Yea...cuz Tom Brady did so much in college.

Tom Brady was a pretty good QB in college actually.

In 1999 he was 214-341, for a 62.8% completion percentage, for 2,586 yards, with 20 TDs and 6 INTs.

In 1998 he was 214-350, for a 61.1% completion percentage, for 2,636 yards, with 15 TDs and 12 INTs.

Not exactly bad numbers...I would say that's a more impressive resume than what's coming out next year.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 11:11 AM
The Bills sit on opposite side of this balancing act. They've consistenly targeted need over value and failed miserably. From 2006 to 2008, the Bills reached for John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch, and Leodis McKelvin. Not one of them was a starter by the end of this past season. That's a drafting disaster. Buffalo fans had best hope their team has learned its lesson as it debates whether to reach for Jimmy Clausen at 9. Its a position of need, for sure, but personally, i see him as the no. 28 prospect in the draft. Buffalo would be better off taking a top OT like Trent Williams, Anthony Davis. Colt McCoy or Pike will be waiting for them later.

DraftBoy
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
The Bills sit on opposite side of this balancing act. They've consistenly targeted need over value and failed miserably. From 2006 to 2008, the Bills reached for John McCargo, Marshawn Lynch, and Leodis McKelvin. Not one of them was a starter by the end of this past season. That's a drafting disaster. Buffalo fans had best hope their team has learned its lesson as it debates whether to reach for Jimmy Clausen at 9. Its a position of need, for sure, but personally, i see him as the no. 28 prospect in the draft. Buffalo would be better off taking a top OT like Trent Williams, Anthony Davis. Colt McCoy or Pike will be waiting for them later.

Not fair for McKelvin, he was injured. He is the starting CB though when healthy.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Pike and McCoy suck. They are flat out garbage. And Trent Williams and Anthony Davis are big time reaches at 9. Davis has immaturity issues and questions about his desire, which I have seen in watching Rutgers extensively in his 3 years here which is easy when you live in Jersey, and Williams has big time issues about whether he's strictly a RT, which is my thought. Too slow and lacks the necessary athleticism to be an LT. Bradford or Clausen would be a better value than Williams or Davis. Okung is the only real LT worth 9. Bulaga is good but is a better value around 15.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Pike and McCoy suck. They are flat out garbage. And Trent Williams and Anthony Davis are big time reaches at 9. Davis has immaturity issues and questions about his desire, which I have seen in watching Rutgers extensively in his 3 years here which is easy when you live in Jersey, and Williams has big time issues about whether he's strictly a RT, which is my thought. Too slow and lacks the necessary athleticism to be an LT. Bradford or Clausen would be a better value than Williams or Davis. Okung is the only real LT worth 9. Bulaga is good but is a better value around 15.

I'll take McShay's word over yours.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM

Myself, DraftBoy or anyone on here is just as qualified to be a quote on quote, draft expert like McShay. I'll take Kiper's word over McShay about Bradford and Clausen.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Myself, DraftBoy or anyone on here is just as qualified to be a quote on quote, draft expert like McShay. I'll take Kiper's word over McShay about Bradford and Clausen.

I'll take McShays word over Kipers any day of the week.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Kiper has been doing this for years. McShay is some young wanna-be know-it-all who has no more qualifications than anyone here for the job, or anyone who has played high school football and watches some football tape. McShay watches some tape and gets paid by ESPN which has turned into a total joke to talk about it.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Kiper has been doing this for years. McShay is some young wanna-be know-it-all who has no more qualifications than anyone here for the job, or anyone who has played high school football and watches some football tape. McShay watches some tape and gets paid by ESPN which has turned into a total joke to talk about it.

I dont care how long KIpers been doing this for. McShay knows more than Kiper does.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I dont care how long KIpers been doing this for. McShay knows more than Kiper does.

And I disagree. To each and his own.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Yeah McShay was right on saying that Maybin was hands down the best pass rusher in the draft. He's always right, cough, cough.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah McShay was right on saying that Maybin was hands down the best pass rusher in the draft. He's always right, cough, cough.

Did i say he's always right? I LOVE how you guys try and put words in my mouth because you have nothing against me. You're saying Kiper is ALWAYS right in his predictions and what he says? Nobody is always right. You're argument is FLAWED. :loser:

Just like Mel Kiper blasted the Colts for not taking Heath Shuler.
Just like he said Mike Williams would be the best player in the 05 class.
Kiper in his OWN words...When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction (referring to Mike WIlliams).

Yea. Dudes right on. I'll see him at Mike William's HOF induction.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I want Bradford first then Clausen. If both are gone then go LT or Mclain.

Ground Chuck
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Or Weatherspoon. I love that guy.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM

In 1999 he was 214-341, for a 62.8% completion percentage, for 2,586 yards, with 20 TDs and 6 INTs.

In 1998 he was 214-350, for a 61.1% completion percentage, for 2,636 yards, with 15 TDs and 12 INTs.

Not exactly bad numbers...I would say that's a more impressive resume than what's coming out next year.

Jake Locker's first year in a new system rivals that of Brady's.

Ingtar33
02-09-2010, 09:28 PM

In 1998 he was 214-350, for a 61.1% completion percentage, for 2,636 yards, with 15 TDs and 12 INTs.Not exactly bad numbers...I would say that's a more impressive resume than what's coming out next year.Jake Locker's first year in a new system rivals that of Brady's.

you mean his 2800yards passing 58.2 % 21TDs and 11INTs in full season play, compares favorably to Brady splitting time 50/50 with Drew Henson?

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
you mean his 2800yards passing 58.2 % 21TDs and 11INTs in full season play, compares favorably to Brady splitting time 50/50 with Drew Hanson?

Too bad he started every game in 08 and 09 while sitting behind Griese in 06 and 07. Henson took over in 2000. Sorry you are incorrect.

JCBills
02-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Or you can watch them play.

Davis gets beat to the inside wayyyy too much.

I disagree that he's a career RT, I just don't think there is a guaranteed day one starting LT outside of Okung who will be gone. Davis is very athletic, he just commits his weight in his kick slide too early too often.

PromoTheRobot
02-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Watch us.

PTR