X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills can't pass on Jimmy Clausen

The Buffalo Bills have the No. 9 overall pick in the NFL draft on April 22, and if they're fortunate, they'll have the opportunity to select Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen.

If he's available, and the Bills ignore him, it would be a huge mistake.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Buffalo Bills can't pass on Jimmy Clausen

they better ignore him.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Bob Matthews doesn't know what he is talking about Corey
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

The same can be said about Bradford. Although there is a better chance of Clausen being there than Bradford.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          read this this morning, but thought I would get hammered if I posted it. Glad you did!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Well then...there you have it. **** whatever Nix thinks...Matthews is all over it.

I hope the team stands up and takes notice....

If Nix makes this pick, he just might be lucky enough to land a job writing, nuggets of wisdom like this, for the Democrat and Chronicle.

I am not saying Clausen is a horrible pick. I would prefer Bradford. I don't know if Clausen will have what it takes. Matthews has a laundry list of excuses as to why the guy didn't win in college, and excuses don't work for me anymore.

Maybe he is good...I am not an NFL talent evaluator.... but my money would be on Bradford being far better. If given the choice, I would pass on Clausen for McClain, or best LT or LB available.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Athough I love reading up on prospects and learning more about them (Thanks Draft Boy among others).. I loathe mock drafts in January/February and I can't for the life of me see how people make a case for a guy that may not even be a NEED come APril 22nd.

What if the Bills get Vick or a QB in trade or FA before the draft?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Athough I love reading up on prospects and learning more about them (Thanks Draft Boy among others).. I loathe mock drafts in January/February and I can't for the life of me see how people make a case for a guy that may not even be a NEED come APril 22nd.

What if the Bills get Vick or a QB in trade or FA before the draft?
                QB is still a need, Vick is 30 and his legs are going, unless he magically becomes a better passer he's only got till his legs are done in this league (2 maybe 3 more years?).

I dont see any FA options that are going to end QB as a need heading into April at this point.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  QB is still a need, Vick is 30 and his legs are going, unless he magically becomes a better passer he's only got till his legs are done in this league (2 maybe 3 more years?).

I dont see any FA options that are going to end QB as a need heading into April at this point.
                  If the draft was tomorrow and Clausen was the board at #9 I would take him.

But a lot can change before that. I'm not saying I expect it to.

But I think if they make any move at QB in FA or trade they dont take a QB #9 when they have Fitzpatrick, Brohm and whomever that pick up would be.

If we DO draft a QB, I hope its more of a blue chipper like Clausen or Bradford, because im very sick of project QBs

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Haha... a writer who thinks he's become an NFL scout.

Gimme a break...

Clausen's got a average arm with poor accuracy..... just what we need.
                    Last edited by Commissioner; 02-03-2010, 11:32 AM.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Bradford has better accuracy....

Clausen IMO has the stronger arm and some swagger

I am still doing my research on these 2 but right now its hard to pick one or the other.

I personally don't care what people think about Clausen's personality. He hasn't been tossed in jail or anything so a little ****y attitude would be welcomed here IMO.

Bradford however has some injury concerns but his accuracy would be greatly appreciated here...

It doesn't matter which QB was to be drafted I would exepct both of them to ride the pine for a year or so before being a full time starter.

Comment

• tatersalad
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy

why are gis legs gone? he hasn't taken punishment in yrs I disagree he is going to be determined to get back to a GREAT level we are talking about the same guy taht was the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL!!! I would hate to have to game plan for him and play us he has an arm can stretch the field and hopefully a new found maturity

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                          • Feb 2008

Clausen=Kelly
                          Bradford=Marino

Marino more accurate
                          Kelly ****y and stronger arm

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            It's ******ed, isn't it? I like the draft and I love college football, but that kind of behavior is nothing short of masturbatory.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              Bradford has better accuracy....

Clausen IMO has the stronger arm and some swagger

I am still doing my research on these 2 but right now its hard to pick one or the other.

I personally don't care what people think about Clausen's personality. He hasn't been tossed in jail or anything so a little ****y attitude would be welcomed here IMO.

Bradford however has some injury concerns but his accuracy would be greatly appreciated here...

It doesn't matter which QB was to be drafted I would exepct both of them to ride the pine for a year or so before being a full time starter.
                              Weren't we saying the same thing when Losman was drafted?

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X