PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Grisham

elltrain22
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Where is he projected to go? If he's a 2nd or 3rd round guy, don't ya think he'd be a valued commodity? I know we got Nelson, Fine, & Shouman, but the only guy that may be elite is Nelson, and thats a big if, but Grisham, IMHO, is a slam-dunk big-splash tight end. Am I wrong???

Dicknoze69
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Where is he projected to go? If he's a 2nd or 3rd round guy, don't ya think he'd be a valued commodity? I know we got Nelson, Fine, & Shouman, but the only guy that may be elite is Nelson, and thats a big if, but Grisham, IMHO, is a slam-dunk big-splash tight end. Am I wrong???

You aren't wrong. He'll be a mid-late 1st rounder I bet, even with the injury.

X-Era
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM

Like many, I think his injury situation will determine his fate.

But, IMO, hes far and away the #1 guy. I would have had him in the top 2 or 3 of the TE's in last years draft, and an argument could be made for the top TE spot.

Hes that good.

elltrain22
02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm not saying we draft him @9 (matter of fact, I'd be ticked if we did), but I wouldn't mind seeing us take him w/ our 2nd pick.

PECKERWOOD
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Now that elltrain says so, I'll tell you how I really feel. If we took him with our #9 pick, I would not be mad at all. Shoot, even Brandon Graham would be a nice dark horse pick because I feel both of those guys are going to be really good football players, the position they play however, just isn't our biggest need.. Still, it wouldn't be as bad as the McCargo or the Whitner or the Williams picks, not by a long shot.

X-Era
02-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not saying we draft him @9 (matter of fact, I'd be ticked if we did), but I wouldn't mind seeing us take him w/ our 2nd pick.

The only reason I disagree is because I think so highly of the potential of Nelson.

If we didn't have Nelson, Id love to get him at 9 (if healthy or if we determine he can be 100%).

I just was a big fan of Nelson and think we really got a steal with him.

elltrain22
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
The only reason I disagree is because I think so highly of the potential of Nelson.

If we didn't have Nelson, Id love to get him at 9 (if healthy or if we determine he can be 100%).

I just was a big fan of Nelson and think we really got a steal with him.

That is true, but Grishams' potential is so vast, totally unlike Nelson IMO. Either way, its probably a moot point b/c he'll go somewhere late 1st round, and even if he slipped to us 2nd round, I still think we'd pass.

X-Era
02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
That is true, but Grishams' potential is so vast, totally unlike Nelson IMO. Either way, its probably a moot point b/c he'll go somewhere late 1st round, and even if he slipped to us 2nd round, I still think we'd pass.

Probably.

But if the question is only whether hes worth the 9 pick or not, I will say this. When healthy, hes just as good a TE prospect as Vernon Davis, different, but overall just as good IMO.

tampabay25690
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
What about Aaron Hernadez in the 2nd??
Great athlete and a Winslow type TE in the next level but with a better work ethic..

psubills62
02-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Great athlete and a Winslow type TE in the next level but with a better work ethic..

Haha I don't blame you...going for the homer pick. I'm going to do the same and put in a vote for Andrew Quarless. Shown a willingness and ability (stoned Greg Hardy 1-on-1 blocking in East-West Shrine game practices) to block, and is very athletic. Great outlet receiver and ability to get YAC. Could be had in later rounds.

I don't know...Gresham is good, but taking him with the #9 pick when we have so many other, more important needs? Have a hard time selling that one to me.

X-Era
02-04-2010, 05:54 AM

Hernadez is a good prospect... the whole class is strong. I like the looks of a lot of these guys... Dickson, Pitta, Hernandez, Epps, Gronkowski... even Harbour.

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 07:51 AM
No 1st Round prospects with Gresham's injury and even then he's not a very good blocker. Davis graded ahead of him in ability (not effort). I like Gresham in the middle of Round 2 but not before, Hernandez, Dickson, and Gronkowski likely in Round 3. Not TE out here has Winslow or Davis like athleticism though.

tampabay25690
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Like Pitta as well nice pickup if we could grab him in 3-4th round...

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Like Pitta as well nice pickup if we could grab him in 3-4th round...

I just dont see any reason to go TE that early, we have two capable ones in Nelson and Schouman, anybody you add will likely be a 3rd TE and really needs to excel at blocking not receiving.

JCBills
02-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Nelson a big if?

TE body with WR speed, he made some amazing catches this season, our offense was just terrible.

With the laundry list of needs we have, I would be flat out pissed if we took a TE any earlier than the 6th.