PDA

View Full Version : Is Nix really in charge of ALL football decissions

homeslice5484
02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I am curious to hear if this is really the case.

If so, we can be more optimistic about the future if in fact Ralph and Russ are going to let Nix make all the decisions when it comes to the draft and free agency and future coaching decisions (with Gailey).

If Nix hired the new Asst. GM to groom, that is even better news.

ddaryl
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
If he isn't then it's more of the same.

I figure we'll know for sure when we select our 1st pick in the draft

Jan Reimers
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I am curious to hear if this is really the case.

If so, we can be more optimistic about the future if in fact Ralph and Russ are going to let Nix make all the decisions when it comes to the draft and free agency and future coaching decisions (with Gailey).

If Nix hired the new Asst. GM to groom, that is even better news.
Who knows, but it's logical to think that a guy with 50 years of football experience will make the football decisions, and a business/marketing guru will do what he does best.

I actually think that Ralph discovered we needed a real football man as GM, and promoted Brandon up and out of the football side.

patmoran2006
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
In Buffalo, football decisions are also financial decisions. SO in general, the answer is no

YardRat
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm would guess Nix is making all of the football decisions, but as Pat alluded to I can't imagine Littman not having his fingers in there somewhere along the line.

Novacane
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
If he isn't then it's more of the same.

I figure we'll know for sure when we select our 1st pick in the draft

How do you figure?

Buddo
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
How do you figure?

Well, it will probably be a player who will have an immediate and lasting impact. ;)

Jan Reimers
02-04-2010, 07:21 AM
In Buffalo, football decisions are also financial decisions. SO in general, the answer is no
I think that for most NFL teams - with the exception of Dallas, Washington and a few others - football decisions are impacted by financial issues. The owner or president always has the final say. Ralph has spent big money on players - although often on players not worth it - so I don't think he will unduly constrain everything that Nix and the football guys are trying to do.