PDA

View Full Version : Another choke job in progress

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
If miller's not perfect, this team can't win

Ebenezer
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
hey...you're late to the show...I started the ***** thread for the Pitts and Ott games three days ago...go post it over there....:D

LtFinFan66
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
you were saying??

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
This thread is yet another OP Choke Job in progress. :puke:

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Another **** pp that may lead to a free point for ottawa...

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
You need to get a new team.

SpillerThrills
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Thurm, I told him that months ago when all he did was ***** about the Bills.... it didn't work....

helmetguy
02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Is the season over now?

elltrain22
02-03-2010, 08:42 PM
:fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :rage: :rage: :rage: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I hate the Sens!!!!!!!!!!

helmetguy
02-03-2010, 08:43 PM
You can relax now, op. The Sens got TWO free points (whatever the **** that means).

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 09:26 PM

You still don't get it.

I don't want just ANY team to win. If I wanted that, it would be pretty easy to find a team that's winning every year.

I want the Bills, Sabres and Irish to win. But they never do.

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Thurm, I told him that months ago when all he did was ***** about the Bills.... it didn't work....

see my reply to Thurm above.

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 09:29 PM
You can relax now, op. The Sens got TWO free points (whatever the **** that means).

A regulation game is worth 2 points. An OT/SO game is worth 3- 2 to the winner, one to the loser. Allowing games to go to OT creates extra points in the standings, like the game against NJ a few nights ago. I wrote that statement when the Sabres had a ****ty PP while the game was still tied (just like against NJ a few nights ago).

Unfortunately, that level of mediocrity is still too much to expect from this team.

DrGraves
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
We suck. This team needs help if they think they are going to get through round one of the playoffs...

OpIv37
02-03-2010, 09:49 PM
We suck. This team needs help if they think they are going to get through round one of the playoffs...

People still don't get it. This is an average team with one great player (maybe 2 if Myers continues to develop at this rate).

There are some solid role players, but no real talent beyond Miller and Myers.

chernobylwraiths
02-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Vanek is talented too, but he is more of a helper. He stands in front of the net for deflections and to screen the goalie. Not his fault if linemates like Roy and Stafford either can't get the puck to the net or turn the puck over all the time.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 06:33 AM
It's hard not to be overly negative about this game.

They definitely dominated the entire first period but didn't have the score to show it.

When Spezza scored his second goal I thought a blood vessel in my head was going to burst. Even when they got the 2 goals in 20 some seconds, it didn't seem like they were going to pull it off.

To give up the full 2 points with under a minute to go, awful.

Lydman made an awful play on the first goal which resulted in Rivet being left alone and we all know how that went.

They absolutely need to make a deal. If it means trading Roy, Stafford, MacArthur, or all the above...do it. And get a backup goalie in here to let Miller rest.

Last night told me that the second round might be as good as it gets.

Dozerdog
02-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Vanek , Lydman, and a prospect for Kovalchuck

OpIv37
02-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Vanek , Lydman, and a prospect for Kovalchuck

I'm down if we can lock him up long-term. That's too steep a price for a rent-a-player though.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I was pretty deflated after last night.

About the only thing that can help my situation is if they win the next 4 out of 5 heading into the Olympic break. By my math, 4 of those 5 games are absolutely winnable, if not all 5.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:35 AM
And was I the only person pissed off when they ran Miller? Besides Myers, who made a completely half-ass attempt to get at the guy, NOBODY did a damn thing about it. NOBODY went after Elliot. I'm still pissed off about that.

Compared to the 06-07 team that brawled with Ottawa, this team has no balls.

OpIv37
02-04-2010, 07:36 AM

About the only thing that can help my situation is if they win the next 4 out of 5 heading into the Olympic break. By my math, 4 of those 5 games are absolutely winnable, if not all 5.

The last 4 games were the talent test- they failed.

The next 5 games are the mental test. They're sure to be deflated as well, after the losses to Pitt and Ottawa, and the poor road trip. So, we'll see how they rebound mentally.

OpIv37
02-04-2010, 07:40 AM
And was I the only person pissed off when they ran Miller? Besides Myers, who made a completely half-ass attempt to get at the guy, NOBODY did a damn thing about it. NOBODY went after Elliot. I'm still pissed off about that.

yeah I wasn't able to see that part- I had it on XM in the car- but it didn't sound like they put up much of a reaction. Neill and Ruutu are punks and this is a div team that we see 6 times a year (I think- I could be wrong since they changed the schedule formula). When someone pulls that junk, the Sabres need to crack some heads.

I still remember last year, someone took a run at one of the Sabres players behind the net, and the Sabres did NOTHING about it. In the very next game against Philly, one of the Flyers (I believe it was Lupul) took a run at Tallinder behind the net, and Tallinder got hurt and missed about 10 games. He did it because he knew there would be no retaliation.

SabreEleven
02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Miller gets run AGAIN and nobody does a ****ing thing. Myers kind of did something but it was after the ref's got there but he a rookie so I wasn't so upset with him but the other pussy's on the team gave Phillip's a free ****ing pass. YOUR GOALIE GOT ****ING FREIGHT TRAINED AGAIN. He should have been a ****ing target the rest fo the night...give up the ****ing two points, stand up for your goalie for once. Another ****ing pussy move by Sabres players. :mad:

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
yeah I wasn't able to see that part- I had it on XM in the car- but it didn't sound like they put up much of a reaction. Neill and Ruutu are punks and this is a div team that we see 6 times a year (I think- I could be wrong since they changed the schedule formula). When someone pulls that junk, the Sabres need to crack some heads.

I still remember last year, someone took a run at one of the Sabres players behind the net, and the Sabres did NOTHING about it. In the very next game against Philly, one of the Flyers (I believe it was Lupul) took a run at Tallinder behind the net, and Tallinder got hurt and missed about 10 games. He did it because he knew there would be no retaliation.

Try to find it online.

It wasn't a little bump into Miller, they all out railed him.

Myers attempted something, but like S11 said, it wasn't worthwhile. Meanwhile all the "tough" guys on the Sabres didn't do a damn thing.

It was sickening.

Novacane
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
If miller's not perfect, this team can't win

That says it all about the Sabres.

OpIv37
Miller gets run AGAIN and nobody does a ****ing thing. Myers kind of did something but it was after the ref's got there but he a rookie so I wasn't so upset with him but the other pussy's on the team gave Phillip's a free ****ing pass. YOUR GOALIE GOT ****ING FREIGHT TRAINED AGAIN. He should have been a ****ing target the rest fo the night...give up the ****ing two points, stand up for your goalie for once. Another ****ing pussy move by Sabres players. :mad:

I love Grier and Gaustad but I really wish the big guys like them would step up in situations like this. Hecht, Rivet and Montador as well. Peters is gone and Mair doesn't dress every night, and no one else wants to step up and crack skulls.

It's times like this that I miss the NHL of even 10 years ago. If something like this happened, the Senators player would be leaving the ice to get stitches or x-rays, and a Sabres player would be leaving due to a game misconduct, but it would guarantee that no one would run the goalie for the rest of the season.

RockStar36
The last 4 games were the talent test- they failed.

The next 5 games are the mental test. They're sure to be deflated as well, after the losses to Pitt and Ottawa, and the poor road trip. So, we'll see how they rebound mentally.

They definitely need to make some moves.

There is a trade freeze on Feb 12th before the break and I believe (I don't have time to look it up) that the deadline is March 3rd, which they return March 2nd.

There are too many players like Roy and Stafford who show up when they want and disappear most other times. I'm getting sick of it.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I love Grier and Gaustad but I really wish the big guys like them would step up in situations like this. Hecht, Rivet and Montador as well. Peters is gone and Mair doesn't dress every night, and no one else wants to step up and crack skulls.

It's times like this that I miss the NHL of even 10 years ago. If something like this happened, the Senators player would be leaving the ice to get stitches or x-rays, and a Sabres player would be leaving due to a game misconduct, but it would guarantee that no one would run the goalie for the rest of the season.

Montador was a healthy scratch, although if he were on the ice I guarantee he would've done something.

Rivet was a badass last season but he hasn't done much of anything this year.

He is also starting to test my patience.

SabreEleven
02-04-2010, 07:50 AM

If anothers teams goal got ran over like Miller did, he would have been in the hospital except it was the Sabres goalie so it's a free pass. That **** wouldn't have flown in the Western Conference.

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2010, 07:53 AM

About the only thing that can help my situation is if they win the next 4 out of 5 heading into the Olympic break. By my math, 4 of those 5 games are absolutely winnable, if not all 5.In December I thought to myself that I could enjoy this year because Buffalo should absolutely destroy Carolina... but the past month they've been MUCH improved. We play them twice in the next week and I'm actually a little concerned. Mostly because I'm going to the game on the 11th and will go absolutely insane if I have to listen to ******ed Hurricanes fans try and talk **** if they win.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
In December I thought to myself that I could enjoy this year because Buffalo should absolutely destroy Carolina... but the past month they've been MUCH improved. We play them twice in the next week and I'm actually a little concerned. Mostly because I'm going to the game on the 11th and will go absolutely insane if I have to listen to ******ed Hurricanes fans try and talk **** if they win.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't assume anything right now. I'm just using some wishful thinking because if they don't go on a nice little run heading into the break I'm just gonna stew for 2 straight weeks.

Be sure to scout Ray Whitney. He is on the trade block and a name I've heard here and there.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't assume anything right now. I'm just using some wishful thinking because if they don't go on a nice little run heading into the break I'm just gonna stew for 2 straight weeks.

Be sure to scout Ray Whitney. He is on the trade block and a name I've heard here and there.
While I would like Ray Whitney, he does nothing to solve you lack of toughness thing. He is as soft as there are.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
In December I thought to myself that I could enjoy this year because Buffalo should absolutely destroy Carolina... but the past month they've been MUCH improved. We play them twice in the next week and I'm actually a little concerned. Mostly because I'm going to the game on the 11th and will go absolutely insane if I have to listen to ******ed Hurricanes fans try and talk **** if they win.
Scott you are a giant, who talks **** to you?

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
While I would like Ray Whitney, he does nothing to solve you lack of toughness thing. He is as soft as there are.

Agreed.

Just a name I've heard. I don't know what to do about the toughness. Mair, Gaustad, Rivet...they are all supposed to be tough guys. Yet nobody did anything last night when Miller was run. Maybe it's something about the uniform these days.

Novacane
02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Last night told me that the second round might be as good as it gets.

I think that's optimistic. The only way they win rnd 1 is if they don't play Pitt, NJ, Wash or Ottawa.

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Agreed.

Just a name I've heard. I don't know what to do about the toughness. Mair, Gaustad, Rivet...they are all supposed to be tough guys. Yet nobody did anything last night when Miller was run. Maybe it's something about the uniform these days.No need to scout Whitney, I've seen plenty of him over the last 3+ years... Whitney = Drury to me. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals and he's a team leader... Thurm's right though, he's soft, not a tough guy at all. His defense has also been diminishing as he gets older. He could help this team out some, but not enough to warrant any major trades in my book.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Agreed.

Just a name I've heard. I don't know what to do about the toughness. Mair, Gaustad, Rivet...they are all supposed to be tough guys. Yet nobody did anything last night when Miller was run. Maybe it's something about the uniform these days.
Where those guys on the ice when it happened last night?

I do wish someone would have beat that guys ass.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
No need to scout Whitney, I've seen plenty of him over the last 3+ years... Whitney = Drury to me. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals and he's a team leader... Thurm's right though, he's soft, not a tough guy at all. His defense has also been diminishing as he gets older. He could help this team out some, but not enough to warrant any major trades in my book.
I can't imagine Carolina would be asking too much for a 37 year old guy when they are not going to make the playoffs.

What have you heard Scott?

Do they want picks or players?

rbochan
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM

"Opponents will not take liberties with the team on my watch."
-- Craig Rivet, October, 2008

:shoothead:

BlackMetalNinja
02-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't imagine Carolina would be asking too much for a 37 year old guy when they are not going to make the playoffs.

What have you heard Scott?

Do they want picks or players?I honestly don't know... NOBODY is talking about the Hurricanes down here this season.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I honestly don't know... NOBODY is talking about the Hurricanes down here this season.
Give them Mcarthur or something like that. He has disapeared a long time ago.

Stafford too.

chernobylwraiths
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Agreed.

This is something I don't understand about this team in the least. In some ways, I think the Rivets, Gaustads and Mairs of this team are starting to take their lead from the Roys, Pomminvilles and Hechts of the team. If those guys aren't going to do a damned thing about protecting their teammates, why should they risk their health. Or, and I think this would be worse, Ruff is instructing them NOT to do any retaliation. This would be a real head scratcher if true, because Ruff as a player was all about sticking up for teammates. This was one of Ted Nolan's greatest attributes, getting players to play for each other. I cringe to think if this is how Myers and Butler are going to turn out too. Montadour was a healthy scratch last night. How you scratch that guy and let Sekera play is beyond me. I have no clue why players won't stick up for each other. We have WAY too many of them on this team.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Where those guys on the ice when it happened last night?

I do wish someone would have beat that guys ass.

No, they weren't.

But that doesn't mean they can't start **** the next shift or even take a little run at Elliot.

Myers was the only person to stand up for Miller and it was a real lame attempt.

Peters, Kaleta, and Mair weren't on the ice when Drury was run a few years ago, but they handled it properly.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
No need to scout Whitney, I've seen plenty of him over the last 3+ years... Whitney = Drury to me. He has a knack for scoring clutch goals and he's a team leader... Thurm's right though, he's soft, not a tough guy at all. His defense has also been diminishing as he gets older. He could help this team out some, but not enough to warrant any major trades in my book.

I've read that Whitney is looking for some kind of deal to ensure he isn't a rental.

I realize he is soft, but if he leads by example and scores goals, I'm ok with shipping out some others around here. Nothing major, but there is some definite stuff to work with. This entire team is soft so I'd be all for this trade.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
This is something I don't understand about this team in the least. In some ways, I think the Rivets, Gaustads and Mairs of this team are starting to take their lead from the Roys, Pomminvilles and Hechts of the team. If those guys aren't going to do a damned thing about protecting their teammates, why should they risk their health. Or, and I think this would be worse, Ruff is instructing them NOT to do any retaliation. This would be a real head scratcher if true, because Ruff as a player was all about sticking up for teammates. This was one of Ted Nolan's greatest attributes, getting players to play for each other. I cringe to think if this is how Myers and Butler are going to turn out too. Montadour was a healthy scratch last night. How you scratch that guy and let Sekera play is beyond me. I have no clue why players won't stick up for each other. We have WAY too many of them on this team.

I'm not all for Montador being scratched, but I do think Sekera should be playing. I just don't know how the d-men shuffle works out. Sekera shouldn't be sitting in the press box every night. He isn't Paetsch.

trapezeus
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM
so the 2009-2010 sabres are just like the 1999-2000 sabres. all goaltending, not enough goals, and no moves to make a run likely.

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
so the 2009-2010 sabres are just like the 1999-2000 sabres. all goaltending, not enough goals, and no moves to make a run likely.

Right now they are all goaltending (or lack thereof).

They have the players who can score, but it seems like they show up once every 10 games just to assure us that they are still on the roster and collecting a paycheck.

I'd kind of like a player who I noticed on every single night, besides the guy in net.

Nighthawk
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I've read that Whitney is looking for some kind of deal to ensure he isn't a rental.

I realize he is soft, but if he leads by example and scores goals, I'm ok with shipping out some others around here. Nothing major, but there is some definite stuff to work with. This entire team is soft so I'd be all for this trade.

This is what I've heard also...he's looking for a 3 year deal to waive his no trade clause.

I'll pass on that...