• Apr 2006

NFL Chat - Jim Kelly

NFL live chat with Jim Kelly on Feb. 4 at 10 a.m. ET:

3,000,000th post on BZ!

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: NFL Chat - Jim Kelly

Nice...I just sent in a question on what he thinks about the Bills coaching staff and if they take a QB at #9

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Here is the question I submitted.

How bad is the perception of Buffalo's throughout the league as not seriously commited to winning and do you feel it played part in the difficulty in landing a coach and filling out the coaching staff. What events led up to this perception since this was not the case when you left the league? Is perception reality compared to other teams?

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
        Here is the question I submitted.

How bad is the perception of Buffalo's throughout the league as not seriously commited to winning and do you feel it played part in the difficulty in landing a coach and filling out the coaching staff. What events led up to this perception since this was not the case when you left the league? Is perception reality compared to other teams?

Great question! Probably has 0% chance of being one of the questions used thanks to political correctness.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i don't know. it's a good question and kelly answers tough questions...

I know this may not be a parallel example, but when i was a kid, i was on the jim kelly show, and i submitted a question and he answered it.

My question was: "why did you choose to not play for the bills when they drafted you and why did you go to Houston first."

Kelly answered it and like the smooth talker he is, he was forthright. "A lot of people told me cold weather was harsh on an Arm and my career would be shorter because of it. Then there was the issue of money. At the time it seemed like the right decision, but now that i know the city, the team and the fans, I think i ended up in the right town playing for the right team."

I have a feeling kelly will address your question in some manner.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

I posted a good question. I won't have time to see the chat, so someone bump this thread when it's over so I don't forget!

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Well that was fast.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Yea, neither of my questions were answered but I am sure their were a ton questions. Most were softball questions and not really too tough.
                My other question was asking how he feels when he hears players from your super bowl opponent say many Bills players partied too much the week leading up to the super bowl.

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by don137
                  My other question was asking how he feels when he hears players from your super bowl opponent say many Bills players partied too much the week leading up to the super bowl.
                  Yeah, he wouldn't have touched that one.

I did enjoy his answer on this board's favorite topic, Vick, as well as his TO opinion.

Sam, new york

10:20 AM ET

What do you think about the rumors about Micheal Vick to he bills.

Jim Kelly,

I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him, and I know there's a lot of other people who don't want him to come there. But it's not my decision. For me, it's about personal reasons why I don't want him on the Bills. We'll leave it at that.

Ray, Indianapolis 10:16 AM ET

Hello Jim, Do you think that Terrel Owens was a wise pick up for the Bills?

Jim Kelly,

From the fans standpoint and ticket sales, yes. From a players perspective on the field, no.

This seemed familiar:
                  Adam "Forward" Lateral, Ontario, Canada

10:18 AM ET

Hey Jim, any chance of seeing Jim Kelly on the sidelines as a coach in the future?

Jim Kelly,

No Adam. No, No, No! Hunting season is during the NFL season, and you have to know where your priorities are.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

He answered my second question. My first one was regarding him buying the Bills, but someone else asked a similar question.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by realdealryan
                      Yeah, he wouldn't have touched that one.

I did enjoy his answer on this board's favorite topic, Vick, as well as his TO opinion.

Sam, new york

10:20 AM ET

What do you think about the rumors about Micheal Vick to he bills.

Jim Kelly,

I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him, and I know there's a lot of other people who don't want him to come there. But it's not my decision. For me, it's about personal reasons why I don't want him on the Bills. We'll leave it at that.

Ray, Indianapolis 10:16 AM ET

Hello Jim, Do you think that Terrel Owens was a wise pick up for the Bills?

Jim Kelly,

From the fans standpoint and ticket sales, yes. From a players perspective on the field, no.

This seemed familiar:
                      Adam "Forward" Lateral, Ontario, Canada

10:18 AM ET

Hey Jim, any chance of seeing Jim Kelly on the sidelines as a coach in the future?

Jim Kelly,

No Adam. No, No, No! Hunting season is during the NFL season, and you have to know where your priorities are.
                      Yea, those were good questions. I also liked the question Hey, Jim. What would you say is the most important quality or trait for a college quarterback to have in order to make it as an NFL starter?
                      Jim Kelly,
                      Mental toughness. For a young QB to make it, he's going to go through lumps early. It's about being able to block the negativity out, and focus on trying to make things better

I think the Bills QBs have lacked that recently (i.e. captain checkdown)

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

No wonder he isn't an NFL analyst, he was just on the NFL Network and it was hard to watch.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jim Kelly
                          Amen Jimbo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Kelly's answer to the Vick question makes me like him more than ever.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

for the props that kelly earns for vetoing vick, he loses by being pro tebow.

Comment

Working...
                              X