• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The Hunter’s Hope Drive

Last month, funded entirely by the passion—and hearts of Buffalo Bills fans, money was raised in less than four days to erect a billboard on the middle of the Buffalo Thruway calling for Bill Cowher to come to town. While ultimately Cowher decided against returning to coaching, the message didn’t go unnoticed.

The billboard made headlines on both a regional and national level. By the time the week was up, media personalities questioned Bills’ fans sanity, but never their passion.

One of the many who took notice was Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly.
    “These are Bills fans. They’ll do whatever it takes. It doesn’t matter. God bless ‘em. And I understand the money over what it cost the billboard will go to Hunter’s Hope, so great job guys,” said Kelly to WKWB-TV.

He’s right… And it’s not over either.

Part of the reason, one that until now went largely unreported was to raise money for a worthy charity. Hunter’s Hope is a foundation that’s found the hearts of many throughout the country but especially among Bills fans.
    We’ve already been able to raise over $550.00 to date for the foundation and we’re continuing the drive with this final push that will go through Valentine’s Day (Hunter’s birthday).

From now until Valentine’s Day, EVERY penny donated will go directly to the foundation fund, which will be presented with a check that will be presented the exact same way the billboard was.

“Paid for by Bills fans”.

So whatever you can afford, please donate what you can. The media already knows Bills fans are starved for a winner on the field. This time they’re going to know those same fans have identical passion when it comes to saving lives.

A running total will be updated on the website several times per day through Valentine’s Day, at which time we’ll present the check on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans to Jim Kelly.

Please GO HERE to make your donation
    DONATION PAGE

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: The Hunter’s Hope Drive

Good work Pat and good work to all those have donated. Hopefully you can double that money over the next 10 days!

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Re: The Hunter’s Hope Drive

c'mon people. If you haven't donated toss in a fin or 3

Comment

Working...
      X