3. Skelton
4. Nichols
5. Crompton
6. Snead
7. Hiller
8. Brown
9. Kafka
10. McCoy
You forgot Clausen on your Via Draft list...

OOOOHHH I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE HIM ATT ALL AND YOU MEANT TO DO IT.
Yeah giveme Hiller and Kafka over Clausen... :ill:

T-Long
02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Via Trade:
1. McNabb
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Josh Johnson
4. Rhett Bomar

Via Draft:
1. Bradford
2. LeFevour
3. Skelton
4. Nichols
5. Crompton
6. Snead
7. Hiller
8. Brown
9. Kafka
10. McCoy

Wow, you really ARE low on Clausen. Not even in the top 10! That's crazy

Novacane
02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Via Draft:
1. Bradford
2. LeFevour
3. Skelton
4. Nichols
5. Crompton
6. Snead
7. Hiller
8. Brown
9. Kafka
10. McCoy

Wow. You really hate Clausen :rofl:

RockStar36
02-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm assuming this is more like wishful thinking and not realistically, so with that in mind...

Via Trade
1. McNabb
2. Vick
3. Dixon
4. Smith

Draft
1. Bradford
2. McCoy
3. Claussen

Ugh...not crazy about the draft and I don't know enough of the others to properly rank them.

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, you really ARE low on Clausen. Not even in the top 10! That's crazy

He has the highest bust potential of all QB's in this draft, and is the biggest risk for where his value is. From what I saw at Notre Dame Im relatively convinced that he has a good shot to not make it in the NFL.

Wow. You really hate Clausen

Now to address the idea that I "hate" a prospect...1st off that's not true, I dont hate any prospect. I dont like Jimmy Clausen as a NFL QB prospect, I dont think that he showed enough at Notre Dame to warrant his selection and me not including him in my top 10 is two fold, one I like the potential ceilings on the other guys a lot more, and Id like to introduce a few more names to the fold that nobody else is even considering. The QB class does not end after the names; Bradford, Clausen, Tebow, and McCoy.

I actually wrote a very good and fair report of Clausen for BSD, in case you missed it, here is the report:
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/nfl-draft-prospect-profile-jimmy-clausen/

Novacane
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Draft
1. Bradford
2. McCoy
3. Claussen

Ugh...not crazy about the draft and I don't know enough of the others to properly rank them.

No No No thank you on JP McCoy

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Via Trade:
1. Kolb
2. McNabb

Via Draft:
1. Bradford
2. Clausen
3. LeFevour
4. Snead

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
He has the highest bust potential of all QB's in this draft, and is the biggest risk for where his value is. From what I saw at Notre Dame Im relatively convinced that he has a good shot to not make it in the NFL.

I can respect this but what did you watch that brought you to this opinion?
He played very well in most games last year.

Is it size?
Arm strength?
Release point?
Ability to read defense?

So much so that you have him rated lower than player like kafka, hiller, and Mckoy for that matter?

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I can respect this but what did you watch that brought you to this opinion?
He played very well in most games last year.

Is it size?
Arm strength?
Release point?
Ability to read defense?

So much so that you have him rated lower than player like kafka, hiller, and Mckoy for that matter?

I watched his games, my critiques are laid out in the report I posted a link to;

Weaknesses:

If Clausen has one big issue with his game it’s his performance in pressure packed games. This was an issue his entire collegiate career. Poor decisions early usually led to costly turnovers and he worked hard with Charlie Weiss to learn it was ok to throw the ball away. He showed improvement last year but still demonstrates too much a tendency to throw the ball up for grabs.

He got away with it at Notre Dame in large part to having All-American wide receiver Golden Tate, a talented Michael Floyd and tight end Kyle Rudolph. It won’t work in the NFL when facing defenses far better than the players that he saw in South Bend.

Another concern is he was on the losing stick of too many games in college, not accepting for a notorious program like Notre Dame, though the plethora of loses were anything but just his fault.

Lastly there’s a toe injury that required surgery just weeks ago. Clausen missed a game and time in others due to this turf toe injury on his lead foot. He’ll need to pass a battery of medical exams starting at the NFL combine and at his pro day.

And he's not ranked lower than McCoy, Kafka, or Hiller. This was a wish list request not a rankings, in my rankings he is the #2 Rated QB. Because of where his skill set is at this time as compared to other QB's. I like others better on a potential basis, but they are not currently better. See the difference?

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Ok I read your review and it seems more Pro Clausen than anything.

The two weaknesses were that his too confident in his ability and he puts balls up for grabs. Sure that is something to fine tune but not a back breaker to me.
The second was he lost too many games. Again he played well in most of the losses and doesn't play defense.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
And he's not ranked lower than McCoy, Kafka, or Hiller. This was a wish list request not a rankings, in my rankings he is the #2 Rated QB. Because of where his skill set is at this time as compared to other QB's. I like others better on a potential basis, but they are not currently better. See the difference?
I surely see the difference you are trying to make but I know why you are trying to make it. It is like you are wishing and hoping QBs from even lesser programs and lesser competition will rise up and be great. If we dont take Bradford or Clausen I wouldn't want any of the other QB's in this draft in any round.

elltrain22
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
FA's:

1. McNabb
2. Kolb
3. Campbell
4. Orton
5. Garcia

Draft:

1. Bradford
2. Clausen
3. McCoy
4. LeFevour
5. Snead

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree with DB and have said all along that Clausen's bust risk is extremely high based on his current rank in this QB class.

Even still, he is second on my wishlist because of his potential and NFL readiness based on being in an NFL system.

I think he is more valuable at picks 16-25, but he will be gone by then due to lack of first round talent at the QB position.

Throne Logic
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Here is mine in order:

Via Trade

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Dennis Dixon
4. Michael Vick

So, basically, you want whomever Philly decides is their third best QB option?

DraftBoy
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I surely see the difference you are trying to make but I know why you are trying to make it. It is like you are wishing and hoping QBs from even lesser programs and lesser competition will rise up and be great. If we dont take Bradford or Clausen I wouldn't want any of the other QB's in this draft in any round.

Im not wishing for anything, its that I see the players I named as having higher potential ceilings.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow. You really hate Clausen :rofl:

be careful there, Nova. you sound like the Lickers when i didn't approve Lossman being the starter back in the day. there's a difference between hate and not having the high opinion on somebody that the majority do.

ZAZusmc03
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Here is mine in order:

Via Trade

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Dennis Dixon
4. Michael Vick

Via Draft

1. Sam Bradford
2. Jimmy Clausen
3. Jarret Brown
4. Colt McCoy
5. Dan LeFeveour
6. Tony Pike

Only way mine differs from yours, I think I would have LeFeveour being a better pick than McCoy. I just picture McCoy being a Graham Harrold or whatever his name was.

jimbohastle51
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
it doesnt really matter. its going to be a LONG LONG LONG couple of seasons. i honestly expect a coaching change again in 2 years and wouldnt be surprised to see coordinator changes after 1 season, realistically this is the shape of this team. and to top it off they brought a pro personel guy in that hasnt even had to recruit free agents or really sign any for that matter... other than shaun mcdonald and mewelde moore. they more these hires go... the more i care less about bills football and that is sad. and there will be ALOT of changes coming to the roster on the defense as well soon. dont be surprised if there are some major cuts. stroud, mitchell, ect.