• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Bills WILL run 3-4

“Defensively, we will start from a 3-4 alignment,” said Edwards. “But we will do what we feel is best for our players. We are not going to give anything away about exactly what we will do, but personnel will dictate what you can and what you can’t do. As far as the initial alignment, the 3-4 is what we will start off with and we will adjust from there.”

FULL STORY
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills WILL run 3-4

Thanks! That's a good article and it makes me like the hire more. It sounds like Edwards is definitely another one of those teachers that's Gailey likes so much...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Well, this will certainly change some of the mock drafts you see around here.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Seems like his experience is almost exclusively front 7. That would mean Catavolos will get to continue to develop the secondary, which should be mostly unchanged by the scheme switch (minus the fact our safeties won't be splitting the deep zone anymore).

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

I'm excited. It will take a lot of player moves to make it successful here, but I am really excited.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

The other interesting subplot of us running the 3-4 defense is Trent Edwards is screwed. He's going to look horrible in practice against his longtime nemesis, the 3-4.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
              The other interesting subplot of us running the 3-4 defense is Trent Edwards is screwed. He's going to look horrible in practice against his longtime nemesis, the 3-4.
              Or maybe it will finally give him some practice to prepare him for the 3-4 division rivals.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
                Or maybe it will finally give him some practice to prepare him for the 3-4 division rivals.
                That's certainly possible as well.

God give me style and give me grace
                God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I can't wait to see how bad he looks in training camp. He's horrid against the 3-4!

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                    • Dec 2008

Or maybe he'll actually learn how to play against it. Dickie probably never had him practice against the 3-4 alignment so that's probably why he looked like a moron against it most of the time......and in addition to the fact that he sucks

Comment

Working...
                    X