PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 defense???

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
i guess we can eliminate the Clausen and Bradford talks with the #9 pick. this team needs LB's and a NT to make this happen.

mrbojanglezs
02-04-2010, 03:36 PM
we'll c after the FA could be a firesale at OBD this off season

ddaryl
02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't go that far...

It's all still very much in play because we have dire needs at all of those positions

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I think Buffalo is going to go insane in free agency and in the draft. I think we will dump a lot of dead weight via trades and cuts. We will most likely sign a bunch of middle of the road free agents to make the transition to 3-4 easier.

But, if Bradford or Clausen is there at nine it would be incredibly difficult to pass up on them. We haven't had a franchise QB to build a team around since Kelly left.

However, there are plenty of options at nine that would make this team better immediately that aren't a QB also.

McClain comes to mind, Baluga, Campbell... etc.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't go that far...

It's all still very much in play because we have dire needs at all of those positions

yeah.. well i think a defensive player can make more of an impact right away than Clausen or Bradford. that's what this team needs.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
But, if Bradford or Clausen is there at nine it would be incredibly difficult to pass up on them. We haven't had a franchise QB to build a team around since Kelly left.

no it wouldn't.

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
no it wouldn't.

We all have a right to our opinion sabz. :idunno:

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
We all have a right to our opinion sabz. :idunno:

i never said you didn't.

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
i never said you didn't.

Never said you did! :up:

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Trade for Vick
Draft McClain
Trade/Sign a decent OT

Boom we look better on paper and we will all have false hope going into the season! Its that easy!

better days
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Trade for Vick
Draft McClain
Trade/Sign a decent OT

Boom we look better on paper and we will all have false hope going into the season! Its that easy!

I don't understand anyone willing to waste even a 6th rnd pick for Vick. The Bills FINALLY have a front office that will know how to draft, & the team has a lot of needs. A 6th may start on the Bills next year. Vick will get cut by the Birds.

kernowboy
02-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Actually one of the better positions in Free Agency might be LB and DT.

However we can add several players not necessarily in the first two rounds who might have serious impact

Sean Lee ILB Penn St 3rd-4th
CJ Wilson DE East Carolina 4th-5th
EJ Wilson DE North Carolina 4th-5th
Cam Thomas NT North Carolina 2nd-4th
Linval Joseph NT East Carolina 4th-5th
Jay Ross NT East Carolina 5th-6th
Dany Batten OLB/ILB South Dakota

and if you look at how the Steelers assembled their roster, guys like Harrison, Smith, Keisel, Krischke, Foote etc were either lower draft picks or undrafted.

We must not forget that the offence needs serious assistance.