http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/04/thigpen-rumors-underway/

I think it wouldnt be bad at all

My thoughts have been

1. Clausen
2. Bradford
3. Vick
4. Thigpen

I wouldnt think it would be bad

2nd year ever in the NFL he had 18 TDs, 12 INTs, 2600 yds, and 54 cpt. He has a strong arm and is mobile

BloFan4Life
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I actually think I would rather have Troy Smith over Thigpen. I like Smith better and he has more upside.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I actually think I would rather have Troy Smith over Thigpen. I like Smith better and he has more upside.

I like both but Smith just seems like a gimic QB. I think he would be like having Pat White

LtFinFan66
02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I like both but Smith just seems like a gimic QB. I think he would be like having Pat Whitehow is he a gimic QB?

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
how is he a gimic QB?

White or Smith

Smith is because hes is just used mostly on trick plays and stuff that makes him automatically out of the pocket so he can see

ByrdsTheWord
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I like both but Smith just seems like a gimic QB. I think he would be like having Pat White

Have you seen Troy play in college? Totally different systems and totally different styles. Smith is a more polished passer than White.

Mike13
02-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Get ready to hand over some draft picks then.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Get ready to hand over some draft picks then.

At the most it would be a 6th. After Thigpen was KCs starter he went to Miami for a 5th (or 6th idr)

Nublar7
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM
At the most it would be a 6th. After Thigpen was KCs starter he went to Miami for a 5th (or 6th idr)Miami traded a 5th round pick for him. You are not going to get him for that same price when dealing with a division rival. Trades within the division don't happen often and the Dolphins are definitely not going to hand Thigpen over for equal or less then what they gave up to get him.

If Miami trades Thigpen to Buffalo, it won't be for anything less then a 3rd or 4th round pick. Otherwise, no trade happens. Miami has no need to trade him, so you are going to have to pry him away.

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Troy Smith is a gimic Qb how?

ByrdsTheWord
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Troy Smith is a gimic Qb how?

He's not. Mitchell doesnt know what he's talking about.

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
He's not. Mitchell doesnt know what he's talking about.

he never does.

kelly2reed4six
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
I would be down with Thigpen, but as Nublar stated it's not going to happen at a reasonable "price" since he is in the same division. If we could get him for a 5th or 6th rounder I would pull take the chance on him.

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Thigpen would take a fourth AT LEAST.

In division rival, and he was worth a 5th to the Dolphins so they would like to get some positive value for him, don't you think?

Dicknoze69
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Thigpen would take a fourth AT LEAST.

In division rival, and he was worth a 5th to the Dolphins so they would like to get some positive value for him, don't you think?

Yeah. The Dolphins don't give a division team a quarterback who may come back to haunt them unless we make it worth their while. That is the reason I don't think there's a good chance we acquire Thigpen.

Nublar7
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXCFr977We0

VegasFan
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Bledsoe

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXCFr977We0

Wow, what a damn pass

Dicknoze69
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Bledsoe

Yeah we made it worth their while by giving up a 1st rounder. I suspect Belicheck also knew he wasn't that good and he was overrated. Throw in his age and lack of interest from other teams, and it was a no-brainer for the Pats.

LtFinFan66
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
White or Smith

Smith is because hes is just used mostly on trick plays and stuff that makes him automatically out of the pocket so he can seeumm...he was a pure pocket QB in college...and he was good. Not a gimic QB at all.

ByrdsTheWord
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
umm...he was a pure pocket QB in college...and he was good. Not a gimic QB at all.

I wouldnt say he was a pure pocket passer. They did move him around A LOT. He just wasnt an option QB like Pat White was. Troy was just a mobile QB that has better passing skills than White. They ran a lot of bootlegs with Troy.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Tyler Thigpen will be a good QB. He'll be a starter in 2011 somewhere. He won't stay in Mia as a back up

Syderick
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
If the Dolphins aren't asking for much, then the Bills should consider him.

feldspar
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I really can't believe how many people are down with Thigpen. Thigpen?

To those that think his trade value is somehow higher because he is within the division, think about this:

He completed 4 passes in Miami and threw 2 interceptions. How does this equate to giving up a higher draft pick? He is a third string QB currently. The guy has been in the league 4 years, and only played the majority of one season because of injury or poor play from the competition. He's not going to be the answer here...54% completions? C'mon. He also had better people to throw to with a better line and running game when he DID play in Kansas City.

NO WAY should he start for the Bills. Backup maybe, but I'd honestly prefer Edwards over this guy. That's saying something at this point.

...Thigpen. It smacks of desperation.

If we don't get Claussen or Bradford, that probably means that they are already picked and off the board. The way I see it, four teams ahead of us might take a QB: St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, and Washington...I don't think the Raiders will go QB because they have too much money tied up in Russell, even though he sucks balls. Then you have to consider the Vick factor: one of these four teams might trade for Vick.

So that means we have a chance to pick up the current QBs on the teams that draft one ahead of us or trade for Vick...two or three teams. So we might have the opportunity to get Bulger, Hasselbeck, Campbell, or Quinn/Anderson...or Vick. There's going to be one in there that is hands-down a better proposition than Thigpen...at least for a stop-gap until something better comes along.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I really can't believe how many people are down with Thigpen. Thigpen?

To those that think his trade value is somehow higher because he is within the division, think about this:

He completed 4 passes in Miami and threw 2 interceptions. How does this equate to giving up a higher draft pick? He is a third string QB currently. The guy has been in the league 4 years, and only played the majority of one season because of injury or poor play from the competition. He's not going to be the answer here...54% completions? C'mon. He also had better people to throw to with a better line and running game when he DID play in Kansas City.

NO WAY should he start for the Bills. Backup maybe, but I'd honestly prefer Edwards over this guy. That's saying something at this point.

...Thigpen. It smacks of desperation.

If we don't get Claussen or Bradford, that probably means that they are already picked and off the board. The way I see it, four teams ahead of us might take a QB: St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, and Washington...I don't think the Raiders will go QB because they have too much money tied up in Russell, even though he sucks balls. Then you have to consider the Vick factor: one of these four teams might trade for Vick.

So that means we have a chance to pick up the current QBs on the teams that draft one ahead of us or trade for Vick...two or three teams. So we might have the opportunity to get Bulger, Hasselbeck, Campbell, or Quinn/Anderson...or Vick. There's going to be one in there that is hands-down a better proposition than Thigpen...at least for a stop-gap until something better comes along.

He played well in college and also in KC. They will regret that trade, he had a good rookie year then lost job to Cassell. He played like 1 game in Miami, I doubt he even knew the playbook as he was 3rd string.

Commissioner
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Thigpen is another Ryan Fitzpatrick.....

It seems like a lot of Bills fans can be sold anything....

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Man, every day these rumors/ideas about QB's get worse and worse. I know we're desperate for a QB, but that doesn't make Michael Vick or Tyler Thigpen the answer.

feldspar
02-05-2010, 09:55 PM
He played well in college and also in KC. They will regret that trade, he had a good rookie year then lost job to Cassell. He played like 1 game in Miami, I doubt he even knew the playbook as he was 3rd string.

Everybody in the NFL played well in college.

He had a good rookie year? He completed 2 of 6 passes with an interception and a passer rating of 18.7 his rookie year. Sounds a lot like Losman did the first year he saw the field. He actually lost his job to Cassell in his third year, and the CHIEFS didn't see fit to keep him around. Again, the Chiefs. He had his moments in his second year, but this guy will never ever ever be a franchise QB...ever...not even close. That's what we are looking for.

TigerJ
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Smith and Thigpen are both on the short side. That doesn't mean they can't play, but they will need to do what Drew Brees does in NO, move around in the pocket to see the throwing lanes. They certainly aren't the only possibities for a veterann QB.

The main reason for the Thigpen speculation is the Gailey connection, but it would be a mistake for the Bills to only consider the Gailey connection.