PDA

View Full Version : We need to make trades, not cuts

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
7 rounds in the draft. Only 3 maybe 4 of the draft picks should start next year. Our needs our OLB, 1 NT, DE, LT, QB, 2 WRs. Thats 7 players that will need to start for us.

Main FA WRs non RFA

Burleson, Chambers, Bryant are the only good ones. Alot of other teams will need to try and get them. Walter will be resigned

NT

Hampton and Wilfork are the only good NTs that will probably be out on the market. I doubt Wilfork comes here and there is talks that Hampton is staying put. Pickett is also an option but GB cant let him go

OLB

Dansby is the best option, I actually think we may get him. Merriman is the other trade option and will cost to much. Peppers will never come here

DE

Seymour will be franchised, then theres Green and Burgess. Both may get signed by another team but are legidement options

OT

I cant say any OT will be in FA with how important they are. Each good one is RFA anyways

The players I would trade are, Parrish for 6th, Kelsay for 5th, Stroud for a 4th, or Whitner for 3rd and 4th (maybe 2nd).

Parrish was a 2nd round pick and a good PR guy, can net a 6th

Kelsay helped his trade stock with last season, a team would give up a 5th for him im pretty sure. I mean Cargo almost got us a 4th

Stroud for 4th. We got him for a 3rd and 5th, and I do not think he fits the 3-4 DE at all. 4th seems reasonable

Whitner. Im going to say this flat out. He can get us a 2nd or late 1st, but ill be bashed for saying this. Around the league he is known as a star, the only people that dont think so are the fans. Other teams coaches and players talk highly of Whitner and with him being the 8th pick of the draft, and he got some INTs finally, he would be worth a late 1st, 2nd pick, or at the least a 3rd and 4th.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh im also about to make a mock offseason now that we finally know our D. No vick in it

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
You just said in a thread two minutes ago you could see Seymour on the bills... make up your mind.

ByrdsTheWord
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh im also about to make a mock offseason now that we finally know our D. No vick in it

Just make sure you look at the teams that draft before us when making another mock draft. :2cents:

patmoran2006
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Trade Parrish now?

We tried to trade him for a swan song last year and nobody wanted him or his contract.

Kelsay was shopped around last year near draft time and there was very little interest.

THRILLHO
02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Whitner for a second or first? Very few safties would ever get a pick that high. I like the guy, but there is no way he would net us that.

kernowboy
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
to trade you need people willing to pay your asking price.

We'd be lucky to get a 3rd for Whitner

kelly2reed4six
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, a 2nd rounder is pushing it; but a 1st rounder?? No way! Not a chance in HELL that any team would trade a 1st rounder for him!

The only way that would happen is if you got the Raiders or Lions draft guys totally sh**faced before the draft and THEN offered them the trade! Even then it would be doubtful.

Mr. Pink
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Zero of the trades mentioned here are close to realistic.

Parrish has no value.

Kelsay has no value.

Whitner might get a 5th.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:22 PM
What about Philly. They have a higher pick, dont need many new players. They would give up there 1st or 2nd maybe

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Zero of the trades mentioned here are close to realistic.

Parrish has no value.

Kelsay has no value.

Whitner might get a 5th.

Ok, Kelsay had a good season, greg ****in lewis was worth a 6th. You cant tell me Kelsay wouldnt get a 5th

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
You just said in a thread two minutes ago you could see Seymour on the bills... make up your mind.

I listened to you guys and realised it couldnt happen. Am I the only person on these boards that actually care when people make sense?

kernowboy
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok, Kelsay had a good season, greg ****in lewis was worth a 6th. You cant tell me Kelsay wouldnt get a 5th

different positions, different levels of need.

Ebenezer
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I listened to you guys and realised it couldnt happen. Am I the only person on these boards that actually care when people make sense?
Mitch, please take this advice fwiw...folks will care more about your posts when you stop coming up with outlandish follies.

Buffalogic
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Spare us your useless ideas please.