PDA

View Full Version : The Long Road Ahead

bob86
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
This whole thing just gets stranger and stranger. It almost seems as if Ralph has thrown in the towel and said whatever when it comes to making the playoffs in his lifetime.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
We have a 91 year old owner, a 70 year old GM, a 58 year old a head coach with a history of heart problems, a coaching staff packed with AARP members, a team that is 0 for the century when it comes to making the playoffs, a fan base that is up in arms, a looming labor lockout, suite leases that are expiring and a 35 plus year old stadium that either needs to be massively updated or replaced, so what’s the plan to turn the team around.

Apparently the plan is to completely blow-up both the offense and defense and build through the draft. Well that may work, but the odds are that most likely the owner, the GM, a good portion of the coaching staff and a good many of the current fans won’t be around to enjoy to the next home playoff game.

<o:p></o:p>
Even if Nix is good as he thinks he is, it will take at least 3 great drafts to fill the current holes in the Bills starting roaster, let alone fill holes certain to develop or provide quality depth which this has not had since Levy was the coach. With all this upheaval, the only way the 2010 Bills team is not going to be brutally bad (like this year’s Kansas City Chiefs) is for the Bills to sign a group of high quality free agents to help ease the transition to the 3-4. Nix has already said that is not going to happen. I am not saying that the “draft” plan is bad or that that it won’t work in the long-run, but it won’t be quick and it won’t be pretty.
Why people on the edge of their end would want to go through what is about to come is beyond me.<o:p></o:p>

Typ0
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
There is no plan to turn the team around. The plan is to milk as many $$$ out of blind Bills lovers as they can.

better days
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
This whole thing just gets stranger and stranger. It almost seems as if Ralph has thrown in the towel and said whatever when it comes to making the playoffs in his lifetime.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
We have a 91 year old owner, a 70 year old GM, a 58 year old a head coach with a history of heart problems, a coaching staff packed with AARP members, a team that is 0 for the century when it comes to making the playoffs, a fan base that is up in arms, a looming labor lockout, suite leases that are expiring and a 35 plus year old stadium that either needs to be massively updated or replaced, so what’s the plan to turn the team around.

Apparently the plan is to completely blow-up both the offense and defense and build through the draft. Well that may work, but the odds are that most likely the owner, the GM, a good portion of the coaching staff and a good many of the current fans won’t be around to enjoy to the next home playoff game.

Even if Nix is good as he thinks he is, it will take at least 3 great drafts to fill the current holes in the Bills starting roaster, let alone fill holes certain to develop or provide quality depth which this has not had since Levy was the coach. With all this upheaval, the only way the 2010 Bills team is not going to be brutally bad (like this year’s Kansas City Chiefs) is for the Bills to sign a group of high quality free agents to help ease the transition to the 3-4. Nix has already said that is not going to happen. I am not saying that the “draft” plan is bad or that that it won’t work in the long-run, but it won’t be quick and it won’t be pretty.
Why people on the edge of their end would want to go through what is about to come is beyond me.<o:p></o:p>

I will be happy to see an exciting, fun team that has a chance to win every game next year. I am so sick of the BORE that was Jauron ball that an exciting loss will be enjoyable.

McBFLO
02-04-2010, 08:24 PM
One thing I think is pretty certain. Whether or not this team is any more successful, I don't know. But they'll certainly be different. There's a different philosophy and attitude in charge now, being run by competent people (not including Ralph so much). I've gotten killed for stating this in the past, being called a homer and whatnot, but I'll remain optimistic. It's just more fun this way.