PDA

View Full Version : Owens would like to be a Bill next season

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Free agent Terrell Owens said he was willing to join Chad Ochocinco with the Bengals, but he's not ruling out a return to Buffalo either.
"I would like to be a Bill under the right circumstances," Owens said. "I want to compete for a Super Bowl. If the neccessary pieces are put in place for that to happen, then I'll be there." As expected, Ochocinco's "prediction" was far less of a guarantee and more of a playful recruiting tactic.
Source: NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81635f56&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

You have to respect that response. I wouldn't mind him back if we can get him a QB, and the QB protection.

mrbojanglezs
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
6-10 teams don't win superbowls the next year

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM

If 1-15 teams can go 11-5 the next season and win the division, I shudder to think what a 6-10 team can do... :funny:

SABURZFAN
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM

didn't new england win a Super Bowl the year after they went 5-11?

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Why does he think he would be welcomed back to Buffalo... he sucks, he can't even go out and get a ball to save his QBs ass.

Forward_Lateral
02-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd welcome him back. He had his worst career year, with possibly the worst starting QB combination in NFL history.

better days
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Why does he think he would be welcomed back to Buffalo... he sucks, he can't even go out and get a ball to save his QBs ass.

What QB are you refering to? The Bills played the entire season without a starting QB. I for one would welcome Terrell back with open arms if we have a STARTING QB & O-line.

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 07:52 PM
What QB are you refering to? The Bills played the entire season without a starting QB. I for one would welcome Terrell back with open arms if we have a STARTING QB & O-line.

Yes the QBs sucked but T.O. quit on far too many balls last year. Just because you're not going to be able to make the catch doesn't mean you should just let it get picked off either. He's not a team player plus he dropped 20 passes.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Why the **** would I want to resign TO when I know at best he is a 800 yard 5 TD guy. I can spend that money on a LT like Mcneill or a LB like Dansby or Ruud

Mike in Syracuse
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM

He won't be able to pull that **** with a coach like Gailey. With a "players" coach you can get away with half assed effort.

better days
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Why the **** would I want to resign TO when I know at best he is a 800 yard 5 TD guy. I can spend that money on a LT like Mcneill or a LB like Dansby or Ruud

Ruud is a restricted freeagent at best if not signed to a new contract, he will be a Buc next year. TO should get closer to 1000 Yds & 10 TD's with a QB to throw him the ball.

Scumbag College
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Bring him in!

T-Long
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I think T.O. flourishes MUCH better in Gailey's offense than the joke of an offense we had this season. Raise your hand if you knew exactly what they were going to run before they ran it? Most of you will.

I have no problem bringing him back.

DMBcrew36
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Talk is cheap. TO can say whatever he wants but he doesn't necessarily have to mean it. For his sake, I hope he doesn't come here. His time left in this league is running low (he's not getting any younger) - he should go somewhere like the Bengals, if they'll have him, to try to win a Super Bowl.

better days
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Talk is cheap. TO can say whatever he wants but he doesn't necessarily have to mean it. For his sake, I hope he doesn't come here. His time left in this league is running low (he's not getting any younger) - he should go somewhere like the Bengals, if they'll have him, to try to win a Super Bowl.

If the Bills somehow luck into a good QB, I think their chances of going to the Super Bowl are as good as the Bungles. Now if you said the Cards, I would have to agree.

DMBcrew36
02-04-2010, 08:52 PM
If the Bills somehow luck into a good QB, I think their chances of going to the Super Bowl are as good as the Bungles. Now if you said the Cards, I would have to agree.

We're going to find Carson Palmer, or someone of similar skill?

IIIIIIII don't think so.

Beebe's Kid
02-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I think T.O. undermines what this team is trying to do. I have a feeling that his act wore pretty thin with Nix. Not only is he expensive, he is a potential powder keg, at anytime, if he doesn't get what he wants.

I like T.O... I always have. I would like to have a receiver with his ability on this roster. I thought, possibly after the Jacksonville game, that he had finally matured into a true leader...I feel I was wrong. I just think that this team's opportunity to succeed is going to be a delicate balance, and they are going to want to get rid of the mentality of the lunatics run the asylum...and TO is a big lunatic.

I am up in the air on bringing him back, as there is always more that goes on behind closed doors, than we will ever know about...

psubills62
02-04-2010, 11:22 PM
No thanks.

Too much money, too little production. Also would like to at least TRY and develop some of the younger guys we have. Give Hardy, Johnson, and a draft pick a shot.

Philagape
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I'd like to see him run routes on a real offense here. The Bills' offense last year wasn't much more advanced than those old Mattel handheld games.

Michael82
02-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I think T.O. flourishes MUCH better in Gailey's offense than the joke of an offense we had this season. Raise your hand if you knew exactly what they were going to run before they ran it? Most of you will.

I have no problem bringing him back.

Tell the truth. You just want to get more use out of your T.O. jersey. :snicker:

Lexwhat
02-05-2010, 04:00 AM
I think T.O. flourishes MUCH better in Gailey's offense than the joke of an offense we had this season.

If anything, I think it's the opposite. True, Gailey will probably run a more productive Offense than what we had last year, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Most players got along well with Jauron because of the type of personality he had. However, I don't think TO's personality will match well with Gailey's. Remember how TO and Bill Parcells got along?

tampabay25690
02-05-2010, 07:16 AM

I would be welcomed back.
He sucks??? Guy is a playmake but we had no one to get him the ball, yea I know he had some drops but he has always had drops in his career...

Mahdi
02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
He's an 800 yard 5 TD guy at worst. He had no QB and no OL. That is a worst situation not best.

ChristopherWalken
02-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Honestly he is not worth the money. There are better FAs out there that would be willing to help this team. TO is mostly interested in promoting TO.

I was on board with him until I saw that putrid game against Atlanta. He had every opportunity in the world to snag that jump ball, but instead lazily watched it be intercepted.

He knows the Bills are/were desperate and is taking advantage of the entire situation.

The novlety has worn off.

81 can tweet his way out of town...and take Joe Logan with him.

ddaryl
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I saw TO not even try for a football and let it be intercepted towards the end of last season.

That isn't a player I want back on this team.

TO did not give 100% last season, and he dropped his share of balls that were in his hands as well.

I really can't understand the welcoming back TO with open arms... I would only welcome back a player who I thought was willing to give 100%, 100% of the time regardless of how crappy the team was.

Dying_-2-_Live
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
If T.O wants to be back... Then I bring em back. But we shouldn't try and persuade him by any means.

BertSquirtgum
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
personally, i would like to have him back. i wanted to rip his lips off a couple of times when he dropped some key passes but i think he is still worth keeping around.

justasportsfan
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
spread offense. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

trapezeus
02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
devil's advocate theory - if TO was quiet last year because there was no point in getting upset. there was no QB worth fighting for. plus he had a new contract to look forward to.

If the bills commit 2 or3 years to the guy, and they get a qb who is decent and has adequate protection...don't you think he's more likely to go crazy? develop the talent we have in hardy and johnson, bring in some more rookies and use the savings on the D where you need a whole sale of changes and new personnel.

DraftBoy
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I think its just PR, he can't afford to burn any more bridges with him hitting FA. He played nice all year, now he's going to look to go to a contender more than likely.

jamze132
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Too much money for too little production. He would take away young guy reps and everyone knows its impossible for TO to keep his mouth shut for two consecutive seasons.

Pass.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
The only way I want him back is if he changes back to the screaming TO of old. F*** this politically correct noise.

ServoBillieves
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM

I've been insanely high on Marcus since the 06 draft. He's sure as hell better than "What's the snap? Did I Miss it?" Bell.

Oaf
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
didn't new england win a Super Bowl the year after they went 5-11?

Didn't the Lions go 0-16 the year after they went 7-9?

Night Train
02-06-2010, 06:20 PM
He's 37 and his hands are worse than ever.

No thanks. Took way too many plays off.

Griff
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd welcome him back. He had his worst career year, with possibly the worst starting QB combination in NFL history.

the worst in NFL history? Not even the worst in modern Bills history, try JP/Holcomb.

Griff
02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Didn't the Lions go 0-16 the year after they went 7-9?

you missed the point... not surprising.

Griff
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I would be welcomed back.
He sucks??? Guy is a playmake but we had no one to get him the ball, yea I know he had some drops but he has always had drops in his career...

and of course being a year older doesn't mean a thing. But keep on ignoring the decline if it makes you feel better.