PDA

View Full Version : Lynch beats a Diesel Truck?

DieHrdBillsFan23
02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this, but it looks like marshawn had some fun helping out with sports science, and shows how powerful he really is.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10142/video-marshawn-lynch-defeats-diesel

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4886301"/></object>

Maybe he will be back to his funny, joking style, person like in his rookie year.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I thought he got in trouble or something ha ha

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Damn, hes strong as hell.

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
So in 1 draft we got a QB who throws faster than the fast gunslinger right now can pull out and shoot his gun, and a RB who can pull more weight than a Diesel can when you measure body mass

DieHrdBillsFan23
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
So in 1 draft we got a QB who throws faster than the fast gunslinger right now can pull out and shoot his gun, and a RB who can pull more weight than a Diesel can when you measure body mass

I guess its not really helping us on the football feild now is it. I do think Lynch wasnt used right this year, he is a north south runner who should barrell over people, not dance in the back field. But if our line was better, it would make a difference too.

DMBcrew36
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
That's hilarious when they strap on those sensors and he starts dancing.

I heard he's able to pull that much from all those blunts he smokes.

mrbojanglezs
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
this experiment is very flawed, they put the tires on a smooth metal plate but the concrete is against the pavement. There is much more friction to overcome on the pavement then with the plate.

rcd333
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
lol why did they let him drive. that's a bad idea

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 09:21 PM
incredible amount of error in that experiment but none the less it was pretty impressive. its a shame that all of that strength has been rotting..

Mitchell55
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
this experiment is very flawed, they put the tires on a smooth metal plate but the concrete is against the pavement. There is much more friction to overcome on the pavement then with the plate.

The things is the metal plate also added more weight

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
The things is the metal plate also added more weight

Did you ever take physics? Its all about the friction coefficient.

deviantwolf
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM

LOL yeah I was just going to post the same thing. Just sat here telling my wife how the physics in this is so flawed.

Put him outside with 500+ lb concrete block on the pavement and I doubt he gets it going.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Exactly my thought. The truck itself could pull it but the weak link is in the tires. If they didn't let the tires slip the truck could pull much much more.

Crisis
02-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Exactly my thought. The truck itself could pull it but the weak link is in the tires. If they didn't let the tires slip the truck could pull much much more.

you think they would let marshawn in the truck if they knew it would actually move?

TigerJ
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Agreed. They can do the pound for pound comparison, but they would need to remove friction as a variable by having both pull similar materials on a similar surface, or having both pull something on wheels.

Beebe's Kid
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Precisely, Chumly!!

Why anybody on this board could have done the same thing...pure physics.

Probably was Russ Brandon serving up some more Kool-Aid for the fans.