PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Donte Whitner Denies Fans Super Bowl Tickets in Twitter Giveaway

The Spaz
02-04-2010, 10:00 PM
At least 10,000 NFL fans may regret following Bills safety Donte Whitner on Twitter.

On Jan. 23, Whitner indicated via Twitter that he would give away two Super Bowl tickets to one lucky NFL fan once he reached 10,000 followers, ProFootballTalk.com reports. However, once 10,000 people were following his tweets, the Bills safety called an audible.

Whitner reportedly changed the rules of the raffle, telling his Twitter followers he would give away two Super Bowl tickets to the fan who correctly predicted the score to both NFL conference championship games, a tough task even for someone like Miss Cleo. The conference championship games were played the following day, and no one guessed the correct score, meaning Whitner won’t be giving away the tickets.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/bills-donte-whitner-denies-fans-super-bowl-tickets-in-twitter-giveaway.html

BillsWin
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Good one Donte. That is the way you win over a fan base that regrets ever selecting you in the draft.

What a moron.

I can only defend stupidity for so long, before I myself look stupid.

FlyingDutchman
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
If someone were able to guess both conference championship scores he should have given up a million dollars, not just tickets. the odds are ridiculous....what a cop out though and what a moron

LtFinFan66
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
weak

SabreEleven
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Who needs Twitter followers when you play for a franchise that has never won an NFL championship (http://football.about.com/od/teamsbills/p/bills.htm)?

Ouch

DrGraves
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
what a douche

raphael120
02-05-2010, 12:00 AM
i dont think ive ever hated a current bills player as much as i hate whitner.

his mouth runs faster than he does on the field.

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I gave up with him. I want to trade him because all he is is a NB now

SABURZFAN
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
if he played half as good as he worried about twitter, facebook, etc.. he'd be in the HOF as an active player.

Demon
02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Before Whitner started the contest, he did say multiple times you must guess both scores correct. Not sure what people expected?

Who should he give the prize to? What if theres a tie?

I think he's right.... people just want something for nothing.

ChristopherWalken
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
I've read a lot of the posts these nimrods continue to blurt to a global audience. I can see the NFL dropping the hammer on current players and these social networking sites in the future.

Anyone ever read Thurman Thomas's tweets? He's like a 13 year old Dolphins fan in the BZ spam room. Constantly razzing people, name calling etc.

It's all very immature.

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
This doesn't surprise me at all- Whitner's one of those Hollywood mother****ers who consider things like the number of Twitter followers to be a status symbol.

I'd like to give him another chance, but he continues to run his mouth off the field while being rather mediocre on it.

RockStar36
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
weak

Figures. Must be the college he went to.

trapezeus
02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
they need to let him go. he is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the bills. players like him and mitchell that do very little on the field but are highly opinionated and out of touch with the fan seems to wear the team down. They are like the office complainer who won't shut up.

Yeah, it might be tough to be in the office your in, but complaining every day to everyone just drags their spirit down. you better be a high performer to be such a detriment to the office.

Mitchell and Whitner are not high performers and could easily be replaced by a 5th round draft choice.

madness
02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Before Whitner started the contest, he did say multiple times you must guess both scores correct. Not sure what people expected?

Who should he give the prize to? What if theres a tie?

I think he's right.... people just want something for nothing.

:rofl: It was pretty clear when I read on twitter too. People will believe anything they read.

ddaryl
02-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey Donte !!!!

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/celebrity-pictures-betty-white-sick-bull.jpg

Pinkerton Security
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
this is pretty crappy of him, and i hate how hes all over Twitter and facebook and yardbarker and...

so, i guess ill join in on the crap-on party..

donte whitner is easily the worst football player in the history of the NFL. he also screams at children and kicks puppies and kittens.

RockStar36
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
they need to let him go. he is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the bills. players like him and mitchell that do very little on the field but are highly opinionated and out of touch with the fan seems to wear the team down. They are like the office complainer who won't shut up.

Yeah, it might be tough to be in the office your in, but complaining every day to everyone just drags their spirit down. you better be a high performer to be such a detriment to the office.

Mitchell and Whitner are not high performers and could easily be replaced by a 5th round draft choice.

Give me Byrd and Wilson and I'm satisfied.

patmoran2006
02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Give me Byrd and Wilson and I'm satisfied.
and Scott for sure

Forward_Lateral
02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
What an idiot. Just when you think someone can't be any dumber. I hope Buffalo cuts ties with this over-rated moron.

justasportsfan
02-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Maybe we can trade him to the eagles now that Dick is their db coach.

trapezeus
02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
whitner for Mcnabb...there were only a couple draft picks away from one another.....sarcasm off.

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
whitner for Mcnabb...there were only a couple draft picks away from one another.....sarcasm off.

No way Whitner accepts that trade. He thinks he's worth McNabb, Desean Jackson and a 3rd.

trapezeus
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
you threaten him to take the deal or you'll get his Facebook friend count to under 200.

He signs off in minutes. guaranteed.

Nighthawk
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
weak

Typical Ohio State player...J/K

jamze132
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
#8. :lmao:

feldspar
02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
:rofl: It was pretty clear when I read on twitter too. People will believe anything they read.

Nobody could guess the scores of two games, regardless. The odds are probably in the millions. What, he has to con people into following him? Either way, the whole thing is bogus.

Oaf
02-06-2010, 06:12 PM
How Mike Huff doing these days?