X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterGazinya
    • Feb 2010

Get Vince Wilfork!

I want to see the Bills go after Vince Wilfork. Who do you guys think we will get as our NT for the 3-4?

Re: Get Vince Wilfork!

He'll be franchised and it will cost us our R1 this year and our R1 next year so we can forget our LT and QB of the future if we do

Comment

• PeterGazinya
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by kernowboy
      He'll be franchised and it will cost us our R1 this year and our R1 next year so we can forget our LT and QB of the future if we do
      Who do you want us to get?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGazinya
        Who do you want us to get?
        The problem Peter this year is that without a CBA, Free Agency is dreadful. There are few guys available who are not RFA, meaning we'd lose high picks against and each team now has two tags.

Those guys who are available as UFA the Bills can't compete for as there is no way we can outbid the likes of Dallas, Miami etc

Ultimately I think we'd be look at the draft, guys like Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph etc and getting our coaches to earn their pay.

Comment

• PeterGazinya
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by kernowboy
          The problem Peter this year is that without a CBA, Free Agency is dreadful. There are few guys available who are not RFA, meaning we'd lose high picks against and each team now has two tags.

Those guys who are available as UFA the Bills can't compete for as there is no way we can outbid the likes of Dallas, Miami etc

Ultimately I think we'd be look at the draft, guys like Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph etc and getting our coaches to earn their pay.
          But we don't have any great players. Free agency would get us some guys like that.

Comment

• PeterGazinya
            • Feb 2010

The Bills have stunk for years, we need the next Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, biscuit. Thats a lot of great players to replace.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

While it's true the Pats can franchise Wilfork, he is indeed an UFA... Meaning... If he isn't tagged, he can be had without compensation to New England.

That said.. "Let the bidding begin" is not music to Ralph's ears.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

The Bills have stunk for years, we need the next Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, biscuit. Thats a lot of great players to replace.
                With the exception of Bennett... The Bills drafted these guys.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                  • Jan 2006

I feel like that's selling the soul to the devil, a Jerry Jones type move, whatever. I hate this guy but I'm sure he'd fill the role. Yuck.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Sorry, I just do not like dirty players on our team. I have little respect for the guy. I rather pass. It's not like the Bills would match his asking price if he is not franchised.

Comment

But we don't have any great players. Free agency would get us some guys like that.
                      But Peter, these guys will not be free. They will either have a Franchise Tag which means we will give the Pats our R1 this year or our R1 next year or they can receive the transition tag, allowing the Pats to match or meaning we give up a 1st and 3rd.

If you look at the lists there is barely nothing 'free' this year in Free Agency.

And haven't we learnt our lesson is giving up draft picks to the Pats for the likes of Bledsoe. More relevant, ask Oakland how Seymour turned out for them? Collected his big pay cheque and didn't really turn up.

If you look at the Pats roster, they have built through the draft, only using Free Agency to supplement, not going for the quick fix. Another example is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Of their front 7, 6 were drafted

Get some young hungry rookies in who can be taught and who want to make a name for themselves.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

F that piece of s***. I'd rather go 0-16 for 10 years than paying that guy a ***** dime. He's an ahole. I hold grudges.

Comment

• bigfish2112
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          F that piece of s***. I'd rather go 0-16 for 10 years than paying that guy a ***** dime. He's an ahole. I hold grudges.
                          Do you want a good team or a s*** team get over your self!

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I want to see the Bills go after Vince Wilfork. Who do you guys think we will get as our NT for the 3-4?
                            I think Nix already signed his 3-4 NT. Lonnie Harvey. 6'3 346. Already on the roster.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I'm caught on this one.

Wilfork is a ****ing piece of ****. The guy's dirty on a Rodney Harrison/Bill Romanowski level.

On the other hand, the Bills desperately need a NT, and they desperately need some attitude on D, and he's probably the best one available.

**** it, I'm sick of losing. At this point, I'm willing to sell out standards for football glory. Get that fat piece of **** signed, Ralph!
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X