It simply amazes me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

It simply amazes me...

How quickly so many people here are able to convince themselves that this coaching staff is good/great. Seriously, if I had said in late December/early January that this is what we were going to end up with, this place would have went berserk:

Head Coach - Chan Gailey
    O Coordinator - Curtis Modkins
    D Coordinator - George Edwards

These guys have a combined 3 years of experience in their current position at the NFL level... And all 3 of those years came 7+ years ago.

Just about everybody's wishlist read Name Value, Prior Experience... and then, maybe a young up and comer hot commodity trying to prove themself.

Typical Buffalo Bills, we really got none of the above.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: It simply amazes me...

It is humorous...

but I think it now comes down to "what the hell can you do about it now" mentality.

This is where most of us go into optomism mode... and we decide it is easier on our psychies to beleive then to be miserable beyond belief every single day in regards to the Bills.

They have to prove to me they are a changed organization. I will be judging this team by what they do in FA and who they draft. If all that goes well I will probably maintain the Sunday ticket and actually watch the team... If they do something stupid or not much then I'll just keep an eye on the team and wait for them to start winning consistently before invest any of my hard earned money into the franchise.

We'll see what happens one way or another, but there is nothing we can do now but obsessively ***** about it

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

WELL I think most have to jump on board.
      I knew from the begining that Bill Cowher was not coming period.
      Im fine with gailey and I was in the begining.

Just like if Mike Vick comes to B-Lo most will be onboard eventually.

Thats just being a Buffalo fan we accept what we get....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

For me it's just the fact that I think as whole, this coaching is much, much stronger than the one under Jauron. Philosphy wise, it's light years better.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          How quickly so many people here are able to convince themselves that this coaching staff is good/great. Seriously, if I had said in late December/early January that this is what we were going to end up with, this place would have went berserk:

Head Coach - Chan Gailey

These guys have a combined 3 years of experience in their current position at the NFL level... And all 3 of those years came 7+ years ago.

Just about everybody's wishlist read Name Value, Prior Experience... and then, maybe a young up and comer hot commodity trying to prove themself.

lmao- a few days ago I was getting grilled for making comments about the inexperience on the coaching staff. Some people can't handle the truth.

The Gailey hire wreaks of the Jauron hire. After Mularkey and Williams, fans were clamoring for someone with experience, and Ralph appeased in the cheapest way possible by allowing Marv to hire his Ivy League buddy. This time, fans were clamoring for a name, and Ralph lets Nix hire his good ole boy, who barely constitutes a "name" and hasn't had NFL success since early in the decade.

And yet again, we have a second-tier coaching staff. And people will defend Ralph by saying "he tried to get Cowher/Garrett/Harbaugh/Grimm but they didn't want to come here," but they fail to realize that the reason big names don't want to come here is precisely because of Ralph's meddling and mismanagement.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jimbledsoe
            • Jul 2009

Head Coach - Chan Gailey

I think everyone has started to warm up to the idea of this new coaching staff because they want to. They want to believe that we have a chance to make a playoff push, or even to play compentative football again.

I know I want to believe. That is why I am on this board everyday. That is why I miss Merl Fest in North Carolina every year because I do not want to miss the draft.

I want to believe. It usually takes a little while, but, I do believe.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              • May 2005

Originally posted by jimbledsoe
              I think everyone has started to warm up to the idea of this new coaching staff because they want to. They want to believe that we have a chance to make a playoff push, or even to play compentative football again.

I know I want to believe. That is why I am on this board everyday. That is why I miss Merl Fest in North Carolina every year because I do not want to miss the draft.

I want to believe. It usually takes a little while, but, I do believe.
              In years past, I'd probably agree... but this team has just worn me down far too much at this point. I'd like to believe, but the organization seems to do it's best to get the opposite reaction from me. As I said in another thread. I'll continue to cheer for them, and hope for the best, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my money and energy going out of my way for them like I have in years past. It would be one thing if I were still in WNY and it was easy to do, but being this far away, it takes considerably more effort to be so rabid about the team.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i really don't know these coaches too well but they have a clean slate with me. i just hope they can succeed and get the Buffalo Bills moving in the right direction.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  i really don't know these coaches too well but they have a clean slate with me. i just hope they can succeed and get the Buffalo Bills moving in the right direction.
                  Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat... but they aren't exactly inspiring hires. Given the level of demands people had for coaches around here a month ago, I am just boggled that everybody is all the sudden so alright with this staff.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat... but they aren't exactly inspiring hires. Given the level of demands people had for coaches around here a month ago, I am just boggled that everybody is all the sudden so alright with this staff.

there's enough whining that goes on around here. don't instigate them.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                      • Dec 2008

Head Coach - Chan Gailey

Here's the thing. If you can't look at this coaching rehaul and at least TRY to be hopeful, I think you should question your loyalty as a fan. I will be the first to admit that I was negative as can be when the coaching news began to come out. But this is a fresh start. None of us know what is going to happen here, so why not save your self some stress and hope for the best!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jae1986
                        Here's the thing. If you can't look at this coaching rehaul and at least TRY to be hopeful, I think you should question your loyalty as a fan. I will be the first to admit that I was negative as can be when the coaching news began to come out. But this is a fresh start. None of us know what is going to happen here, so why not save your self some stress and hope for the best!
                        Here we go again.

There is a huge difference between hope and expectations.

We're all Bills fans, and we all hope that they finally got this coaching staff right. There's nothing we want more than to see these guys turn this franchise around, make the playoffs, and hopefully win a Super Bowl.

But if you look at this coaching staff, there is no reason to expect that to happen. They range from inexperienced to unproven, and even if they're good at their jobs, they're still working under the moron crew of Ralph, Russ Brandon, and Tom Modrak.

So, while we all hope the Bills do well, some of us can't look at it objectively and actually expect that to happen.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bob86
                          • Dec 2008

The condition is called "Learned Helplessness."

It is an ailment in which a person has learned to behave helplessly, even when there are opportunities to help himself by avoiding or even protesting the repeated unpleasant or harmful circumstance to which he has been subjected.

Rather than objectively dealing with the problem, the person rationalizes and states there is nothing he can do about the situation and from there he deceives himself into thinking the problem is not really that bad or that it could be worse. If left untreated, the person moves further and further away from objective reality.
                          Last edited by bob86; 02-05-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                            • Aug 2002

The closer we get to the start of the season, the more chance that this board will think this team will be in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

The cycle never ends in Buffalo...Recycle garbage with fresher garbage, 3 years from now we'll be having this same conversation watch.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X