• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Jim Kelly not a Vick fan

This article raises a one major question to me...

Does Jim Kelly have an ownership deal yet? Is he a member of the coaching staff? Is he on the scouting/talent/training/??? staff?

I'm curious as to why he would say something like this about Michael Vick; "I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him"

I understand they have history but to make a comment that makes it seem like you have more than a fan's interest in the Bills is asinine. Don't get me wrong, I like Kelly and he's one of the biggest boosters of the team we as fans could ask for, but don't make it sound like you are more than a fan. Does Jimbo think that Gailey or Nix are actually listening to what he says?

link
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: Jim Kelly not a Vick fan

"I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him"
    Amen, Jim.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

nice find, NBF. I didn't know about that arrangement that kelly, joel and vick had.

Again, interesting that Kelly liked a mobile QB out of college and then was wrong on him in the end. That sounds like maybe Kelly's love on tebow is a bit unfounded.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Until he actually is part of ownership or a part of the Bills, it's just his opinion. Thurman has his opinions too. They really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
          Until he actually is part of ownership or a part of the Bills, it's just his opinion. Thurman has his opinions too. They really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
          Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who thinks, "Who gives a f**k what Jim Kelly thinks."

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I really appreciate him saying so.

Wether or not Nix listens is irrelevant, but I share his feelings, and appreciate him publicly saying this

Comment

• Aliceinchainsbills15
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by northernbillfan

Does Jim Kelly have an ownership deal yet? Is he a member of the coaching staff? Is he on the scouting/talent/training/??? staff?

I'm curious as to why he would say something like this about Michael Vick; "I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him"

I understand they have history but to make a comment that makes it seem like you have more than a fan's interest in the Bills is asinine. Don't get me wrong, I like Kelly and he's one of the biggest boosters of the team we as fans could ask for, but don't make it sound like you are more than a fan. Does Jimbo think that Gailey or Nix are actually listening to what he says?

link
              I don't blame Jim Kelly
              I'M ON A BOAT!
              Proud Bills fan since 2002
              F***ing s*** up since 1990

Metallica is awesome. Period.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I job shadowed at Jim Kelly enterprises in 2000 and I was there with Kelly and his brothers and this came up in the board room meeting we were sitting in on. They were supposed to represent Vick...damn I forgot all about that.

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

Jim needs to stay out of the Bills business. He isn't part of the organization and needs to keep his mouth shut until he has an official title.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    nice find, NBF. I didn't know about that arrangement that kelly, joel and vick had.

Again, interesting that Kelly liked a mobile QB out of college and then was wrong on him in the end. That sounds like maybe Kelly's love on tebow is a bit unfounded.
                    Tebow had a bad week but he was very sick. He has not played a game in the NFL yet so it is premature to say Kelly was wrong about him.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      Jim needs to stay out of the Bills business. He isn't part of the organization and needs to keep his mouth shut until he has an official title.
                      WHY?

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days
                        WHY?
                        Because without a title, he is just a Bills fan. But he is using his name to throw his opinions around like they are more meaningful.

Whether he is a Vick fan or not, that doesn't matter in the end.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by better days
                          WHY?
                          I agree... Ralph is the one that needs to stay out of the Bills business.

I actually prefer what Kelly has to say in regards ot the Bills over what comes out of the Bills themselves..

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            Because without a title, he is just a Bills fan. But he is using his name to throw his opinions around like they are more meaningful.

Whether he is a Vick fan or not, that doesn't matter in the end.
                            In the end it doesn't matter what any Bills fan thinks, but collectivly it does matter what all Bills fans think. Kelly has as much right as any fan to state his views on all things Bills related, in my opinion.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by northernbillfan

link
                              "I hope Michael Vick does not become a Buffalo Bill. I don't want him, and I know there's a lot of other people who don't want him to come there. But it's not my decision. For me, it's about personal reasons why I don't want him on the Bills. We'll leave it at that."

That is the full quote. When read in full it has a little different meaning than just "I don't want him." He was asked his opinion on the situation, and he gave it. He even explained it's personal and that he doesn't make the decisions...

Why would this be confused with Kelly trying to influence Nix/Gailey? How does what he is saying make him sound like more of a fan that anybody here? Even in the article the guy says "Now before you think Kelly's personal reasons have something to do with Vick's dog fighting exploits..." Ummm.... I didn't think that. He explained it was personal.

It seems like people have a vendetta against Kelly. Which is fine, might as well add the best thing that ever happened to this franchise the to list of vendettas... Just seems a little odd to me that when he is asked an opinion, so many people have to go for the throat.

I like Kelly, for what he did on the field. I would like if he were able to help keep the Bills in WNY... He is allowed to have his own opinion, on any topic he chooses, let alone a topic like Vick, which inspires some very strong, polarized opinions amongst almost everybody, let alone football fans. I realize Kelly is just a guy...sure he is a guy that threw the football very well for my favorite team, but he is not the omnipotent being people think he should be.

Just because he stated an opinion on a question posed to him, does not have any bearing on whether this team will/will not get Vick... So, I'll file this in the "Whatever" category, while I do find it unfortunate that some find it necessary to run hm up the cross.

Comment

Working...
                              X