PDA

View Full Version : Offseason now that our coaching staff is here

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
My resigns are the same, as always- Keep, Scott, Incognito, Wilson, and Schouman, Simmons

Cut- McCargo, Parrish, Jenkins, Kelsay, Chambers and Fitzpatrick

I still think Schobel retires

FA

Chris Chambers WR- With Reed and Owens gone, we need some new WRs. Chambers was drafted by Miami with Gailey at OC, was traded to SD when Nix was *** gm, and was signed by KC when Gailey was still part of the staff. Good chance he comes here with that in mind

Kassim Osgood WR/ST- Not really for playing time but our ST was bad last year and Osgood went to the PB as a gunner. Florence has been trying to get him to come here so I wont be surprised if he becomes a bill

Karlos Dansby OLB- No contract talks with Arizona, it sounds like the Crowell senerio actually. I think with the right money we can get him

Reggie Hayward DE- At 6-5 285, I think he can play DE in the 3-4. Hed be a good fit on the team next to his old teamate Stroud

Nic Eason DE- We need Depth at the DE position. Eason has played DE in Pittsburgh and will actually know how to play it when he gets here.

Bryan Robinson NT- Depth for our NT draft pick that will come up

Draft

1st- I have either Bradford or Clausen falling to us. I see it as Marino vs Kelly. You have the strong armed ****y conceited QB, then you have the very accurate quick release quieter guy. Id go with Clausen just because I liked Kelly more, but Bradford is the safer pick. Clausen tho we never have to worry about his confidense being destroyed
Jimmy Clausen QB

2nd- This was an easy decision because of his size
Terrance Cody NT

3rd- Ive seen sites say he will be picked in the 2nd to the 4th, 3rd sounds reasonable and hes very good size. 6-5 300 lbs
Selvish Capers LT

4th- We need a slot WR and a PR. Hes fast as hell and is basically a better WR than Parrish and still gives us the PR
Jacoby Ford WR

5th- We have no 3rd RB. Brandon James can also do KR and allow McKelvin to heal. We have no had a fast RB like him in our history
Brandon James RB

6th- Shawn Lauvao G- Depth

7th- Daniel Te'o Nesheim OLB/DE- Depth

DC

QB- Clausen, Edwards/Brohm
RB- Jackson, Lynch, James
WR- Evans, Chambers, Ford, Hardy/Johnson
TE- Nelson, Shouman, Fine
LT- Capers, Bell
LG- Levitre, Lauvao
C- Wood, Hangartner
RG- Incognito, Simmons
RT- Butler, Merideth

3-4 D

LE- Hayward, Eason
NT- Cody, Robinson
RE- Stroud, Johnson
LOLB- Maybin, Ellis
ILB- Mitchell, Palmer
ILB- Poz, Palmer
ROLB- Dansby, Neshiem
CB- McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Whitner, Corner
FS- Byrd, Wendling
SS- Wilson, Whitner/Scott
K- Lindell
P- Moorman

4-3 D

LE- Hayward, Eason
DT- Stroud, Johnson, Cody
DT- Williams, Robinson
RE- Ellis, Maybin
OLB- Poz, Neshiem
MLB- Mitchell, Buggs
OLB- Palmer, Neshiem
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

FlyingDutchman
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
not trying to bust balls but how many of these threads are we going to see until training camp?

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM
not trying to bust balls but how many of these threads are we going to see until training camp?

Now that we dont have a CS, I will probably make 1 when some of my mock picks wont be available. Like say Hayward gets resigned, then I may fix it. I will stick with this one and make corrections and no a totally new one. I think this makes the most sense and most realistic that ive done

Syderick
02-05-2010, 07:51 PM

It's something to do during the offseason.

Syderick
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I think Schobel stays on this season. I'd think Parrish can try to win his Punt Return job back or WR Depth, and Kelsay in rotational roles. Fitzpatrick can be 3rd QB or cut. Chambers and Hayward would be interesting.

BILLSROCK1212
02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
not a bad offseason Mitch and pretty realistic...good job

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I think Schobel stays on this season. I'd think Parrish can try to win his Punt Return job back or WR Depth, and Kelsay in rotational roles. Fitzpatrick can be 3rd QB or cut. Chambers and Hayward would be interesting.

Schobel I dont realy think wants to be a 3-4 DE right now. Kelsay cant play 3-4 and would have to take a pay cut if he would be here for just 4-3 DE situations. Parrish is gone unless he can make an unbelievable turn around

TigerJ
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I think Schobel would have to move to OLB if he stays.

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I think Schobel would have to move to OLB if he stays.

Yeah I know. I doubt he will tho

Syderick
02-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Why not? Schobel said he'd like to be in a 3-4 defense.

kernowboy
02-06-2010, 03:50 AM
There is NO WAY Capers can start on Day1 - do you want to get our QB maimed? He is almost as raw as Demetrius Bell

You want to draft our version of Garrett Wolfe who never sees the field

And Dansby is an ILB - in the 3-4, run by an experienced 3-4 coaching team he has only ever been a ILB.

The way you draft - are you related to Al Davis?

The reasons why teams like the Steelers, Pats, Colts are successful is they find starters as low as Round7, yet you seem to throw these picks around like confetti.

What you need to do is look at which guys might slide but who have the potential to start one day, not be used as gimmicks and cut before the end of training camp

Mitchell55
02-06-2010, 12:12 PM
There is NO WAY Capers can start on Day1 - do you want to get our QB maimed? He is almost as raw as Demetrius Bell. Hes the best that will be there in the 3rd and I think Bell will improve. Bells main issue last year was mainly his penaltys that can be fixed

You want to draft our version of Garrett Wolfe who never sees the field. What does this have to do with anything?

And Dansby is an ILB - in the 3-4, run by an experienced 3-4 coaching team he has only ever been a ILB. Hes listed as a OLB on every FA site which confused me

The way you draft - are you related to Al Davis? I draft for speed because we have no speed guys outside of Evans. Jackson, Lynch, Hardy, Johnson, and Chambers are all slower WRs. We need a fast slot reciever and a game breaking RB. Lynch will also only be here for a year or 2 I think, so we need his replacement

The reasons why teams like the Steelers, Pats, Colts are successful is they find starters as low as Round7, yet you seem to throw these picks around like confetti.

What you need to do is look at which guys might slide but who have the potential to start one day, not be used as gimmicks and cut before the end of training camp. We are switching defenses, we need depth at the end of the draft. If we dont then we wont have anyone there

kernowboy
02-06-2010, 03:10 PM
1. Anything can eventually be fixed - we don't have that luxury

2. I think drafting a player who doesn't see the field has everything to do with everything - why draft pine riders? a 5ft7 186lbs guy is not going to be Lynch's replacement

3. That's Al Davis's mantra - I prefer speed between the ears.

4. We have another depth on the OL, we don't have depth on the DL

5. We have an extra 6th (Peters) and 7th (Simpson) which you never include

Mitchell55
02-06-2010, 03:47 PM
1. Anything can eventually be fixed - we don't have that luxury

2. I think drafting a player who doesn't see the field has everything to do with everything - why draft pine riders? a 5ft7 186lbs guy is not going to be Lynch's replacement Darren Sproles

3. That's Al Davis's mantra - I prefer speed between the ears. Sometimes you need speed

4. We have another depth on the OL, we don't have depth on the DL We dont have G depth

5. We have an extra 6th (Peters) and 7th (Simpson) which you never include
Never new about those

kernowboy
02-06-2010, 05:17 PM
There is no way a TINY and I mean midget RB is what we need. Draft James Starks who at 6ft2, 211lbs has the size to carry the load if necessary and has nice hands to be a 3rd down back.

There is a significant difference between timed speed, and game speed. Why do you think so many track and field athletes never make it in the NFL?

At G, we have Levitre, Wood, Incognito, and Hangartner, Meredith and Butler can also play G. You do realise we can only have 53 men on the roster.

Mitchell55
02-06-2010, 08:02 PM
There is no way a TINY and I mean midget RB is what we need. Draft James Starks who at 6ft2, 211lbs has the size to carry the load if necessary and has nice hands to be a 3rd down back.

There is a significant difference between timed speed, and game speed. Why do you think so many track and field athletes never make it in the NFL?

At G, we have Levitre, Wood, Incognito, and Hangartner, Meredith and Butler can also play G. You do realise we can only have 53 men on the roster.

Merideth is a RT. Butler will stick to RT only and about timed speed vs game speed. The 40 hasnt even been done yet, how would you think I said James is fast based on timed speed. Hes just fast, look him up. Also, it doesnt matter how tall a RB is. You can be successfull short at RB

kernowboy
02-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Merideth is a RT. Butler will stick to RT only and about timed speed vs game speed. The 40 hasnt even been done yet, how would you think I said James is fast based on timed speed. Hes just fast, look him up. Also, it doesnt matter how tall a RB is. You can be successfull short at RB

Agreed about height about not when you are also feather light. Simply another wasted pick

Looking at the reviews of Meredith, many thought he'd be a better G than T in the pros

Its about versatility. If we get injuries, bring in someone who has only played T, it makes more sense to temporarily move Butler inside as he has experience at G also.

As I said, you only get 53men so you include guys who play more than one position. Doh.