PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth to be reinstated after superbowl.

ZAZusmc03
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Saw this on the NFL app on my blackberry. If he is cut or put up for trade would you guys be interested in snatching him up, or do you think he is too much of a problem after the dui manslaughter?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81639247&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Wanted to update with link now that I am home and able to use my computer.

Cleveland drafted wideouts Mohamed Massaquoi (http://www.nfl.com/players/mohamedmassaquoi/profile?id=MAS318574) and Brian Robiskie (http://www.nfl.com/players/brianrobiskie/profile?id=ROB738302) last season and has on its roster Pro Bowl return man/receiver Josh Cribbs (http://www.nfl.com/players/joshcribbs/profile?id=CRI120494), who could have his contract re-worked upwards. If Stallworth is released by Cleveland, he would be a free agent that could prove valuable to several receiver-needy teams like St. Louis, Chicago and Miami.
I by no means want this guy on the team....just sayin'.

Prov401
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Stallworth and Burress' stories make me laugh.

A guy is under the influence, stirkes a man, kills him, gets a month in jail and a year suspended.

Burress shoots himself in the leg, and gets 2 years in prison.

I don't need a lesson on gun laws, so save it. I'm just saying, our judicial system is sometimes very silly.

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Any anti vick supporter who say yes deserve to be suspended

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM

A guy is under the influence, stirkes a man, kills him, gets a month in jail and a year suspended.

Burress shoots himself in the leg, and gets 2 years.

I don't need a lesson on gun laws, so save it. I'm just saying, our judicial system is sometimes very silly.

I dont get why Burress got bashed more than Stallworth at all. Burress was a stupid accident that he basically got punished for durring the crime

better days
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Any anti vick supporter who say yes deserve to be suspended

I agree unless they are anti Vick because he is a bad QB.

Mitchell55
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I agree unless they are anti Vick because he is a bad QB.

72 passing TDs. Only 1 game where he had more INTs than TDs

Ed
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't want any of these stupid clowns on my team, but I still think Vick is the worst of the bunch.

Burress' penalty may seem harsh since he ended up shooting himself, but he could have just as easily accidentally shot someone else and then things would be much much worse.

Prov401
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't want any of these stupid clowns on my team, but I still think Vick is the worst of the bunch.

Burress' penalty may seem harsh since he ended up shooting himself, but he could have just as easily accidentally shot someone else and then things would be much much worse.

But he didn't.

Ed
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
But he didn't.
And people drive drunk everyday, under much heavier influence then Stallworth was, but the vast majority don't end up striking a jaywalking pedestrian. The consequences can vary greatly, but the irresponsibility is still the same. Personally, I think Stallworth should have gotten more time, but I don't feel sorry for Burress just because he got "lucky" by only injuring himself after discharging a gun in a crowded night club.

Prov401
02-05-2010, 04:40 PM
And people drive drunk everyday, under much heavier influence then Stallworth was, but the vast majority don't end up striking a jaywalking pedestrian. The consequences can vary greatly, but the irresponsibility is still the same. Personally, I think Stallworth should have gotten more time, but I don't feel sorry for Burress just because he got "lucky" by only injuring himself after discharging a gun in a crowded night club.

Well in your argument then, Stallworth could have 'just as easily' hit a person who was in the cross walk. People carry guns around every day too. I wouldn't care if Burress had only gotten two years, if Stallworth had gotten equal or more. I mean really. I can go out, be over the limit, hit and kill somebody, and do a month in prison. That's pathetic. I was taught pedestrians first, regardless of the crosswalk. In another sense your right, because gun laws are in black and white, and bottom line is nobody is supposed to carry them without a license. Unless a certain occupation requires or lets you carry one around. However, let's not play the 'what if' game. Because he didn't shoot anybody else. He cheddah-bobbed himself in the leg. Stallworth killed a man.

Ed
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Well in your argument then, Stallworth could have 'just as easily' hit a person who was in the cross walk. People carry guns around every day too. I wouldn't care if Burress had only gotten two years, if Stallworth had gotten equal or more. I mean really. I can go out, be over the limit, hit and kill somebody, and do a month in prison. That's pathetic. I was taught pedestrians first, regardless of the crosswalk. In another sense your right, because gun laws are in black and white, and bottom line is nobody is supposed to carry them without a license. Unless a certain occupation requires or lets you carry one around. However, let's not play the 'what if' game. Because he didn't shoot anybody else. He cheddah-bobbed himself in the leg. Stallworth killed a man.
Yeah, I guess, but I think that's a different situation. If you hit someone in a crosswalk that means you failed to yield and were reckless, which is a crime whether you're drunk or not. If you hit someone accidentally because they tried to cross illegally, I don't think that's actually a crime. I don't know though, but anyway it's not even really worth discussing. I'll just say that I don't want any of these losers on the Bills.

Jeff1220
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Totally unrelated to character...Stallworth is a crappier WR than Vick is a QB (imo).

BillsWin
02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't want Vick, or Stallworth. Both are overrated on the field, and bring their own off field issues with that mediocrity.

No thanks, I'll pass.

kernowboy
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
72 passing TDs. Only 1 game where he had more INTs than TDs

Vick deliberately and systematically tortured and killed animals as a money making enterprise even using his contract bonus to set up the business.

The man (and I used the term lightly) is absolute scum.

Both Burress and Stallworth are players I don't want on the team but in both cases were one-off moments of stupidity

It doesn't surprise me that you don't get the difference, between a 'crime lord' and an individual guilty of a one off crime

feldspar
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
From what I've heard, Stallworth's accident probably would have happened if he never had a drink in his life. The guy he hit, from what I've heard, was running across the street to catch a bus. In other words, the accident wasn't the direct result of having been drinking, from what I've heard. It's hard to tell, though, because I wasn't there...but it's not like these things don't happen. Didn't he get like a $5 million bonus not 24 hours before this? Talk about highs and lows.

Anyway, that's all beside the point. Stallworth was never that great. Think I'll pass on that one.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Stallworth will be a Brown next year...

Their receiving corps is a mess and his salary is only 1.5 million.

There's no reason why he should be going anywhere else.

Hawkeye Pierce
02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
As far as his career goes Plex shot himself in the foot.

ZAZusmc03
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
updated OP with link for everyone that hadn't read it yet.

Ickybaluky
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Stallworth will be a Brown next year...

Their receiving corps is a mess and his salary is only 1.5 million.

There's no reason why he should be going anywhere else.

If he does get cut, I imagine the Pats would be interested. He has shown he can be productive in their offense, and they need WR help with the injury to Welker leaving his status uncertain.

ddaryl
02-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Burress shoots himself in the leg, and gets 2 years in prison.

and some people ares spending 5-10 years in prison for having a 1lb or less of marijuana

yeah there is some real stupid things happening in America...

tampabay25690
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I dont get why Burress got bashed more than Stallworth at all. Burress was a stupid accident that he basically got punished for durring the crime

2 different states

Beebe's Kid
02-06-2010, 02:23 PM
As far as his career goes Plex shot himself in the foot.

Now you need B.J. Honeycutt to drop buy and follow this up with another classic one liner...

Stallworth, no thanks. Does anybody really believe that Nix is going to bring any of these guys in here? They have a very difficult job as it is, which will be more difficult by bringing in a know distraction.

My favorite thing about Nix, is I believe he will find our "Diamond in the Rough" guys. He will get players that will come to work and do their job, and do it well, on the cheap.