PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? Losing to the canes at home?

BuffaloRanger
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Carolina? 6 wins on the road all year?

The Sabres are garbage right now.

The Sabres are self-destructing before our eyes.

Miller letting in softies. He might be watching the Olympics from the bench if he keeps this up.

OK. I'm sure somebody will post that the sky is not falling. I'll remember that and bump this thread when the Sabres are in danger of not making the playoffs in April.

And Darcy will do nothing...

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 09:08 PM
despicable. This team simply isn't good enough. They have enough cushion that it would take an epic collapse to actually miss the playoffs, but I see them going into it as a mid-low seed and getting their asses handed to them by the likes of Ottawa, NJ, Washington or Pittsburgh. The Sabres couldn't beat any of those teams in a 7 game series.

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm not even angry about the loss, just deflated. This team spent the first 3 months of the season setting themselves up to be a high playoff seed, and now they're just pissing it away.

SABURZFAN
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
i was surprised that Miller played tonight. i thought this was a perfect opportunity for him to get rest and let Lalime play. it sucks that they lost to a horrible team with their #1 goalie.

bigbub2352
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
is it me? or is the NHL boring zzzzzzzzzzzz no passion no checks no fights, we let our goalie get pushed around and nothing

we need something...but Darcy will do nothing

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
i was surprised that Miller played tonight. i thought this was a perfect opportunity for him to get rest and let Lalime play. it sucks that they lost to a horrible team with their #1 goalie.

we play Columbus tomorrow and they're WC, so I think that was the logic in playing Miller tonight. Play the better goalie against the EC opponent.

Too bad it backfired.

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
is it me? or is the NHL boring zzzzzzzzzzzz no passion no checks no fights, we let our goalie get pushed around and nothing

the NHL isn't boring- the Sabres are. They're not physical and they don't stand up for their teammates. And they don't score.

BuffaloRanger
02-05-2010, 09:24 PM
If they lose to Columbus on Sat night...

Wow this team sucked me in. I wasn't expecting anything after their pathetic offseason additions. But then I actually started to believe they could win the division. Nobody else was stepping up, why not right? They fooled me big time. They hit their usual midseason slump a little later then usual.

Somebody wrote it in another thread. Unless Miller plays outstanding this team can't win.

don137
02-05-2010, 09:25 PM

I agree. Hockey has changed for the worse since Bettman has been commissioner. Its a bunch of Miroslav Satans out there. Nobody gets physical anymore. Its powder puff hockey.
Look at the Sabres. Who excites you as a player and plays with intensity and is fun to watch. You can count it one hand and still have a finger or two left.

OpIv37
02-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Somebody wrote it in another thread. Unless Miller plays outstanding this team can't win.

that was me :up:. Miller is a great player but he can't do it himself every night, and right now that's what has to happen for this team to win. I think this team is flawed and Miller has been good enough to hide it until now.

Michael82
02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Wow! This team is pathetic! Now's the time to shake things up...Other teams in the conference are improving by making trades and meanwhile as always, the Sabres are going to sit on the ass and do nothing to make the team better, except maybe another one of those lame role player trades. :mad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh yeah well check this out,

NHL Network on the fly,

Last night Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford flew with the team to Buffalo to meet face to face with Sabres GM Darcy Regier to talk about a trade about Ray Whitney who is 38 years old.

The Hurricanes want to trade Whitney but that no trade clause contract really comes into play. Whitney has the say of where he wants to go or if he wants to even be traded and he can veto any deal.

The Canes say that they want a player and two prospects in return for Whitney. Now are the Sabres ready to give up on Gerbe or Ennis I don't think so because that is who any of these teams are going to be asking for. The Sabres future is bright with the kids that they have on the farm in Portland and Tim Kennedy is only going to get better they're tired right now. They're coming off an seven game road trip and they haven't had that much time to rest but they will for two weeks because of the Olympic break.

this team is a good team they didn't forget how to play or score they're just tired right now.

DMBcrew36
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
the NHL isn't boring- the Sabres are. They're not physical and they don't stand up for their teammates. And they don't score.

Yep, I watched the whole Devils/Leafs game on top of the Sabres game. The third period of that game, when the Devils came back from being down 3-1, was AWESOME. And then I get to flip back to the 3rd period of the Sabres game and watch the Sabres grasp defeat from the jaws of victory - nice.

SabreEleven
02-06-2010, 11:15 AM
So I had to work last night until 9pm my time and I record the game on the DVR. I'm watching this whole piece of **** game and with 1 minute left in the 3rd, Dishnetwork changes the game to non-programming hours screen and elevator music. I was PISSED...first time that ever happened...I would call India but since this wasn't a cricket game, they wouldn't know what the **** I was talking about....did this happen to anybody else with Dish last night?

Ebenezer
02-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Last night Carolina Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford flew with the team last night to Buffalo to meet face to face with Sabres GM Darcy Regier to talk about a trade about Ray Whitney who is 38 years old.

The Hurricanes want to trade Whitney but that no trade clause contract really comes into play. Whitney has the say of where he wants to go or if he wants to even be traded and he can veto any deal.

The Canes say that they want a player and two prospects in return for Whitney. Now are the Sabres ready to give up on Gerbe or Ennis

I'll help Gerbe pack...the kid has 8 goals in the AHL - that means he'll get 5 max in the course of a season in the NHL...Ennis? Jury is still out.

chernobylwraiths
02-06-2010, 11:45 AM

What? Ruff isn't playing the backup? :shocked:

Novacane
02-06-2010, 02:04 PM
this team is a good team they didn't forget how to play or score they're just tired right now.

No, they are not a good team. They are average with a very good goalie. If he is not on his A game they are below average. They have to big of a cushion to not make the playoffs but they are 1 and done. No doubt about it imo.