PDA

View Full Version : This is why Marshawn is better than F. Jackson...

Mr_Kennedy
02-06-2010, 02:28 PM
http://stats-dont-lie.blogspot.com/2010/01/look-at-yards-gained-after-contact-for.html

Marshawn had 75% of his yards gained after contact which was 2nd in the NFL. Now imagine what he could do with a decent O-line.

ddaryl
02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Imagine what he could do with a proper attitude and not getting into touble every offseason.

But I will be 1st to admit if he can net us a quality player at a position of need via trade we need to consider it

bigfish2112
02-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Imagine what he could do with a proper attitude and not getting into touble every offseason.

But I will be 1st to admit if he can net us a quality player at a position of need via trade we need to consider it

You are right I liked marshawn and thought he was going to be a super star but then came the attitude and it overshadows his play. Time to let him go before he gets into trouble and is suspended for a year.

Mr. Pink
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Imagine what Marshawn could do if he had hole recognition, vision and cutback ability.

Fred Jackson plays behind the same o-line and is clearly better. Stats wise and watching the two play.

SquishDaFish
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Why not be happy we have 2 great RBs? Why always have to choose one or the other. Its nice to have a 2 headed monster

TacklingDummy
02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Lynch runs to contact, which leads to injury. Jackson runs to daylight.

Jackson is clearly the best player the Bills have on offense.

justasportsfan
02-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Gailey is gonna have fun with both rb's.

feldspar
02-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Imagine what Marshawn could do if he had hole recognition, vision and cutback ability.

Fred Jackson plays behind the same o-line and is clearly better. Stats wise and watching the two play.

Exactly. Sometimes it seems like Lynch isn't even looking where he is going. He picks a spot and runs to it no matter what. He has to have most of his yards after first contact because he always seems to be contacted right away. Not all of this is the line's fault.

I think he has cutback ability, though. He can dance the jig in the backfield like nobody's business. He needs to be coached up better. Although a lot of what we are talking about is instinct and vision, things that are hard to teach, he sure could play a lot smarter, which can be taught. He has the potential to improve quite a bit if he could get his head out of his rectum and maybe play in brainiac mode a little more, and beast mode a little less.

Last year I would have said that Lynch is better than Jackson, but you won't hear me saying that today. It IS nice to have both, though. Lynch is still very young. Could be he turns it up. I hope so. Right now, I'll give the nod to Freddie as being better.

Oldbillsfan
02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Looking forward to see thing the same players with different coaching.

Griff
02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Of course most of his yards come after contact, he just runs forward never looking for a hole. He doesn't have half the hole recognition of Jackson, and I'm a guy who was a Marshawn fan going into the season.

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
and what was 75% of Marshawn's yards? 18?

I don't think there is any doubt that Marshawn has more natural talent than Jackson. But Jackson keeps out of trouble and is much more consistent. IMO this is Lynch's year to put up or shut up. He needs to stay clean and put up some big numbers, or else he should be released/traded.

The guy did it to himself.

Aliceinchainsbills15
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
http://stats-dont-lie.blogspot.com/2010/01/look-at-yards-gained-after-contact-for.html

Marshawn had 75% of his yards gained after contact which was 2nd in the NFL. Now imagine what he could do with a decent O-line.
And i care why?

djjimkelly
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM
lynch is the best rb of this roster by far i thank the former useless coaching staff for saving him this year and not running him behind this trash line.

he is a 1500 yard back with a decent line here

justasportsfan
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM
lynch is the best rb of this roster by far i thank the former useless coaching staff for saving him this year and not running him behind this trash line.

if you took lynch's nos. and gave it to Fred, Fred's over 1500 yds behind last years crappy line. So I guess one can argue that Fred could get 2000 with a decent line here?

Don't want to turn this into another player controversy within the team that bills fans love to do, but I'm glad Gailey will have 2 capable rb's to use.

Griff
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM

you just named about every back in the league, anybody can run behind a good line, but Jackson ran better behind the same line Lynch did, for 2 years in a row.

Novacane
02-07-2010, 07:04 AM
if you took lynch's nos. and gave it to Fred, Fred's over 1500 yds behind last years crappy line. So I guess one can argue that Fred could get 2000 with a decent line here?

Don't want to turn this into another player controversy within the team that bills fans love to do, but I'm glad Gailey will have 2 capable rb's to use.

Exactly! These Marshawn apologists want to blame it all on the O line. Hello guys.............Jackson ran behind the same line and did well. It seemed like Lynch almost didn't even care last year. He had the Trent regression desease. I agree with the post that this is his put up or shut up year.

Griff
02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Exactly! These Marshawn apologists want to blame it all on the O line. Hello guys.............Jackson ran behind the same line and did well. It seemed like Lynch almost didn't even care last year. He had the Trent regression desease. I agree with the post that this is his put up or shut up year.

to be honest JP suffered that disease first.

HHURRICANE
02-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Lynch runs to contact, which leads to injury. Jackson runs to daylight.

Jackson is clearly the best player the Bills have on offense.

Exactly!!

Marshawyn is still a great RB for this team but our FO didn't realize that keeping the o-line relevant was important to the running game.

djjimkelly
02-07-2010, 10:38 AM
lynch is the starter freddy will give him relief. its not actually close

HHURRICANE
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM

Fred Jackson plays like the starter, which he is. Just because you have big woody for Lynch doesn't make him better.

realdealryan
02-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Maybe if he would set the blunt down and come into camp in shape and available for every game, he might be the starter.

Novacane
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
\

That is a stupid statement to say it's not even close :rolleyes: Guess this should not be a suprise comming from the guy who insisted JP would be an allpro right till the bitter end.

mark1126
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes, yards after contact. And the reason why? Because hit can't find the hole and is slow to get thru a hole when he does see it. Thus, yards after contact. He also does not approach his job in a professional manner, gives the Bills a negative perception with his off-fields actions and is not a positive roll model for young athletes. He is a disgrace.

Griff
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM

unfortunately the data does not support your hypothesis.

Philagape
02-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm more impressed with yards before contact.

Lynch gets only 25% before contact because he stalls in the backfield and runs right into the defense. :brilliant:

Philagape
02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
That is a stupid statement to say it's not even close Guess this should not be a suprise comming from the guy who insisted JP would be an allpro right till the bitter end.

He's right, it's not even close .....

Over the last seven games, Jackson had seven starts and 109 carries ....
Lynch had zero starts and 33 carries.

Not even close indeed.

Truly was an assessment worthy of a JPUFL fan. :brilliant:

madness
02-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I'll keep both and trade away 3-4 people in this thread.

trapezeus
02-08-2010, 08:48 AM
regardless of who you like better, Marshawn's style isn't meant to make him a long term back. he runs and seemingly thrives off being hit.

That first year he had, he seemingly ran into people and just beat them down. He had a knack of getting better in those games. if you kept feeding him the ball, in the fourth quarter you'd see people hang on to him for dear life.

that isn't really a long term running style that is going to benefit the team. If the bills didn't have 49 other holes on this team (moorman is good), we should draft a RB because 1. marshawn isn't going to last another 3 years like this and 2. he will do something stupid again. the bills don't even seem to be trying to keep him out of trouble.

As for point 1, i think of Brandon Jacobs. So good for a year or two, then slowed down by nagging injuries. it's going to happen to a marshawn type runner.

djjimkelly
02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
\

That is a stupid statement to say it's not even close :rolleyes: Guess this should not be a suprise comming from the guy who insisted JP would be an allpro right till the bitter end.

i still think JP is better your the type of guy who doesnt think jauron didnt want a qb from the old regime.

JPs best year here is still better then trents but this is an old argument

much the same as marshawns is better then freddys. the talent level isnt close see instead of focusing on what is wrong with this situation maybe tthis new GM might be the type of guy who focuses on fact that marshawns skill set is greater and we might actually try and play to our players strentghs for a change

Griff
02-08-2010, 11:00 AM
i still think JP is better your the type of guy who doesnt think jauron didnt want a qb from the old regime.

JPs best year here is still better then trents but this is an old argument

much the same as marshawns is better then freddys. the talent level isnt close see instead of focusing on what is wrong with this situation maybe tthis new GM might be the type of guy who focuses on fact that marshawns skill set is greater and we might actually try and play to our players strentghs for a change

Marshawn has been out performed by Freddy for two years now. You can ignore the facts all you want, but that just invalidates your opinion.

Commissioner
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
You guys should just give up on Lynch.... he's not going to be a Buffalo Bill next year.

Just watched the Superbowl last night with a friend from high school who is a Hamburg cop.... most of the scumbag stuff Lynch has been doing doesn't even get reported in the media. The guy is a complete reject and we probably won't be able to get much for him in a trade after teams investigate what he's been doing.

Spiderweb
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM

With Lynch, I too agree it's put up or shut up in 2010. He also better stay clean this off season or he might not make it to the 2010 season with the Bills. Something tells me that Gailey isn't going to accept anything less than Lynch's 100% dedication to football. Just a hunch.

Jackson make better decisions, seems to have the superior vision, and has the better hands of the two. Jackson plays under control.....

Lynch is wild, undisciplined and clearly not as quick as Fred, but Lynch is one tough SOB, and is 5 years younger than Fred Jackson and as a RB, that means a lot. Here's to hoping that Marshawn sheds those extra pounds he put on last year and comes back dedicated and ready for the fray.....

Fred, if limited in his carries, could have a couple quality years left in him, but he will be 29 in less than two weeks and that's old for a RB. Fred is a keeper, but it wouldn't be wise to bet the farm on him.

LtFinFan66
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Marshawn had 75% of his yards gained after contact which was 2nd in the NFL. Now imagine what he could do with a decent O-line.even me as a Fin fan can see that Jackson is better

BertSquirtgum
02-08-2010, 10:19 PM

that's also because he doesn't know how to hit the holes or look for openings like feddy.

YoungEz
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Marshawn couldn't hold Jackson's jock strap this past year. Marshawn is still young though.

Jackson is the one who has been a beast the last year... I got Jackson for nothing in my fantasy league while some sucker took Lynch high in draft... guess who out performed the other points wise by a huge margin... Jackson

Jackson was the #5 back over all fantasy wise in my league... Marshawn was #56 with only 88 points... Jackson had 315 points

Ya it is fantasy and yes my league did return yards also but the all around player is easily Jackson

ChanGailey
02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Two different backs, two different styles.

If you look at Lynch's whole season, it wasn't even that bad. He came on strong at the close of the season, even avg'd 6ypc against the Jets.

You won't get anything in return for Lynch. Jackson's style was better suited when there's no blocking. He's a get what you can get runner.

Lynch is more of a home run hitter, you can't deny it. Did Fred break a 20+ yarder the whole season? I'm asking because I don't remember it happening.

I don't understand why people want to be thin at every position. Should we trade all our safeties too? Because we have 3 that play?

We have 2 running backs on this roster. We need 3 minimum. If you acquire another back that outperforms Lynch, maybe, you think about dealing him.

Fred is 29 years old, Lynch is 23. Fred has 3 years in his tank, Lynch, 7.

Gimme a break! Young players make mistakes. Look at Cedric Benson. Do you really want to see Lynch leading the league in rushing in a year or two, on another team?

Won't get value in a trade. If we cut him he'll stay in the AFC east, I can almost guarantee. Or even go to San Diego and be the next LT.

If anybody had any actual CONSTRUCTIVE idea, other than dumping him for some late round pick, then I'd say hey let's CONSIDER THAT. But the fact is, a 4th round pick won't be better than Lynch.

Your logic matches the same thing people are constantly *****ing about. We could make a pro bowl team with player's we've dumped the last 10 years. Seriously. Picture this team:

QB - Bledsoe
RB - Lynch, McGahee, Travis Henry
OT - Jason Peters
CB - Clements, Greer, Winfield
DL - Fat Pat, Hargrove, Bannan
S - Leonhard

Gimme a break guys. RB is a position of strength. Unless you actually had something serious to gain (Like Donovan McNabb), you don't just force the issue of trading a player.

The Bills have no leverage. He needs to stay until a great offer comes through. You don't just trade him to trade him. He's still be great 2 out of 3 seasons, and ought to be motivated more than ever this year.

Especially if our coaching staff can out motivate Jauronimo.

Mahdi
02-09-2010, 10:01 AM

If you look at Lynch's whole season, it wasn't even that bad. He came on strong at the close of the season, even avg'd 6ypc against the Jets.

You won't get anything in return for Lynch. Jackson's style was better suited when there's no blocking. He's a get what you can get runner.

Lynch is more of a home run hitter, you can't deny it. Did Fred break a 20+ yarder the whole season? I'm asking because I don't remember it happening.

I don't understand why people want to be thin at every position. Should we trade all our safeties too? Because we have 3 that play?

We have 2 running backs on this roster. We need 3 minimum. If you acquire another back that outperforms Lynch, maybe, you think about dealing him.

Gimme a break! Young players make mistakes. Look at Cedric Benson. Do you really want to see Lynch leading the league in rushing in a year or two, on another team?

Won't get value in a trade. If we cut him he'll stay in the AFC east, I can almost guarantee. Or even go to San Diego and be the next LT.

If anybody had any actual CONSTRUCTIVE idea, other than dumping him for some late round pick, then I'd say hey let's CONSIDER THAT. But the fact is, a 4th round pick won't be better than Lynch.

Your logic matches the same thing people are constantly *****ing about. We could make a pro bowl team with player's we've dumped the last 10 years. Seriously. Picture this team:

QB - Bledsoe
OT - Jason Peters
S - Leonhard

Gimme a break guys. RB is a position of strength. Unless you actually had something serious to gain (Like Donovan McNabb), you don't just force the issue of trading a player.

The Bills have no leverage. He needs to stay until a great offer comes through. You don't just trade him to trade him. He's still be great 2 out of 3 seasons, and ought to be motivated more than ever this year.

Having 2 good RBs and 3 good safeties puts us over the talent cap. Not acceptable in Buffalo. Get em outta here.

Beebe's Kid
02-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Having 2 good RBs and 3 good safeties puts us over the talent cap. Not acceptable in Buffalo. Get em outta here.

Exactly! You need to pick one or the other...and it has to develop into a huge issue that can never be settled.

If Lynch drops some lbs and gets put on a short leash, all the haters will be screaming Beast Mode again. He performed considerably better at the end of the year, but Fewell was trying to prove that he was a good coach and decided to stick with one primary back. The fact that he stopped giving Lynch carries against the Jets and the Chiefs, despite a couple big runs and good gains, showed me he was not smart enough to coach.

Having Lynch and Jackson is a great set up with Gailey. CG knows you have to run to win. We are going to need all the running we can get, to set up whoever our QB is.

As important as these two are, I think it is important to bring back Incognito, as well. Jackson had a lot of success running behind him. New England game...first drive, Jackson was on fire. Then Perry panicked and we stopped running...another genius move. If CG is here for that game, we don't stop running, until they show they can stop it.

I am excited to see what this staff can do with this team.

Griff
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM

QB - Bledsoe
OT - Jason Peters
S - Leonhard

Calling Fred old is like calling Ricky Williams old, Fred has not been playing very long. His age is a non issue.

djjimkelly
02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
He's right, it's not even close .....

Over the last seven games, Jackson had seven starts and 109 carries ....
Lynch had zero starts and 33 carries.

Not even close indeed.

Truly was an assessment worthy of a JPUFL fan. :brilliant:

so this coaching staff of course made all the right decisions including the rb situation

look everyone needs to step back and look and realize yes half to 3/4 of this roster is junk and must go and will go.

however i know jauron and company and that includes perry fool misjudged so many things

could it be possible they messed up at rb everyone here is making jackson out to be the next walter payton.

well im sorry new staff new systems ill go with the talent always

everyone is making like jackson had some probowl year well sorry guys he didnt no one on this roster did.

all im saying lynch has the better skill set maybe not life set but he is the better running back.

and we should all pray CHAN can make it so our first rounder who basically had a redshirt year on 2009 can be what we drafted him for and what we saw early in his bills career

and quite honestly JPUFL grow up hes not hear we dont have a true hope QB on this roster so by me JP is still the best qb we have had here in many years but whether i rooted for our 1strounder at QB to succeed or not has nothing to do with who is the better HB

Griff
02-10-2010, 01:56 AM
so this coaching staff of course made all the right decisions including the rb situation

look everyone needs to step back and look and realize yes half to 3/4 of this roster is junk and must go and will go.

however i know jauron and company and that includes perry fool misjudged so many things

could it be possible they messed up at rb everyone here is making jackson out to be the next walter payton.

well im sorry new staff new systems ill go with the talent always

everyone is making like jackson had some probowl year well sorry guys he didnt no one on this roster did.

all im saying lynch has the better skill set maybe not life set but he is the better running back.

and we should all pray CHAN can make it so our first rounder who basically had a redshirt year on 2009 can be what we drafted him for and what we saw early in his bills career

and quite honestly JPUFL grow up hes not hear we dont have a true hope QB on this roster so by me JP is still the best qb we have had here in many years but whether i rooted for our 1strounder at QB to succeed or not has nothing to do with who is the better HB

So much fail

1. Nobody is making Fred out to be Walter Payton
2. Nobody is claiming Fred had a Pro Bowl year
3. Lynch has performed worse under the same conditions as Fred
4. It doesn't matter when a player was drafted, just how well they perform. Would you have preferred a 1st rounder over the 4th round Andre Reed? Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady?