PDA

View Full Version : Andre Reed jobbed again

darthokeefe
02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Too bad thought it might be his year.......RICKY JACKSON!!!!! come on now

AndreReed will always be a HOF'er to me

YardRat
02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
The HOF voters hate WR's and special teams.

Brown, Carter and Reed should be in, and the fact that Ray Guy can't even make the top 15 is a travesty.

They're going to have to start putting in the max of 7 to catch up.

patmoran2006
02-06-2010, 04:58 PM
The good news is that he's ahead of Carter and Brown, and he should get in next year.

The announcement for the NFL Hall of Fame class for 2010 was just announced. As expected, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were elected. As most also anticipated, Andre Reed was not.

Joining Smith and Rice in this year’s class is Russ Grimm, Rickey Jackson, Dick LeBeau, Floyd Little and John Randle.

Most didn’t think Reed would get in this year because of the presence of Chris Carter and Tim Brown. The good news for Reed is that he outlasted either receiver. Both Carter and Brown were eliminated from consideration when the cut down went from 15 finalists to 10. Reed lasted until the final cut down to five.

Richard Dent, Shannon Sharpe, Cortez Kennedy and Dermonti Dawson also narrowly missed the cut.

Reed caught 951 passes for 13,198 yards while playing for the Bills from 1985 to 1999. He ended his career third all-time in receptions and fourth in receiving yardage.

Night Train
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I was fine with the selections and viewed Reed as a longshot.

Technically, they're all deserving but it's a numbers game + politics + flavor of the month.

CuseJetsFan83
02-06-2010, 05:17 PM
i'm fine with who was picked, however...... dick lebeau was tabbed as a defensive back with 60+ int's........ yet ray guy is easily the best punter in the history of the game, disparity much?

Syderick
02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Jerry Rice was a shoe-in, and well deserved. But for the most part alot of WR's have to wait a bit. Plus it could be good for Reed as he won't be overshadow with Rice and Smith.

Billz_fan
02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
We have had this conversation before. He will get in it just takes some extra time for recievers. At least it's easier now than it has been in the past. Some guys like Monk waited way to long.

Luisito23
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah, Reed will get his due soon, just have to be a little patient.

don137
02-07-2010, 06:42 AM
I think Carter or Reed had a better career than Little. Looking at Floyd Little's stats it was not eye popping. Not saying he is not deserved by I thought others could of got in over him.

Night Train
02-07-2010, 06:48 AM
I think Carter or Reed had a better career than Little. Looking at Floyd Little's stats it was not eye popping. Not saying he is not deserved by I thought others could of got in over him.

That's a totally different animal, since Littles' selection was through the Veterans committee. That's how he got to the final vote, just like LeBeau.

BTW - Reed did make the final 10, while Chris Carter & Tim Brown did not. Mark Gaughan must have been pretty convincing as his presenter and that sets up well for Reed within in the next couple of years.