PDA

View Full Version : Now it's obvious...

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Why Lindy lost faith in Lalime. This guy sucks.

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Huh?

helmetguy
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
What Doc said. Huh?

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Did you guys NOT see the pathetic first goal by CBJ?

Dr. Lecter
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I saw it. It was more of a funny bounce than anything.

Typ0
02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
When did Lindy lose faith in Lalime?

RockStar36
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
About three minutes into the Anaheim game.

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I saw it. It was more of a funny bounce than anything.
Yeah, the kind of funny bounce that no NHL goalie should ever allow.

helmetguy
02-06-2010, 07:50 PM

Bull****. Jurcina was as surprised as anyone. If it hadn't gone in, it wouldn't have even counted as a SOG. If the Sabres could bury a a goal or two, it wouldn't even be an issue.

As much as you *****, are you crampy, too?

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Bull****. Jurcina was as surprised as anyone. If it hadn't gone in, it wouldn't have even counted as a SOG. If the Sabres could bury a a goal or two, it wouldn't even be an issue.

As much as you *****, are you crampy, too?
Jurcina was surpised because he knew that shot shouldn't have even reached the goal, and if it did the goalie should have stopped it. Ive never played goalie in my life and I could have kept that one out of the net.

RockStar36
02-06-2010, 08:03 PM
You guys can stop defending Lalime now.

The Sabres need to trade for Biron ASAP.

helmetguy
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Well, you're just awesome, aren't you? Never played the position but have a world of knowledge about it. Christ, the guy held up for a 4 minute PK-part of it a 5-3...the five guys in front of him haven't done him any favors. Suit up, Superstar.

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, you're just awesome, aren't you? Never played the position but have a world of knowledge about it. Christ, the guy held up for a 4 minute PK-part of it a 5-3...the five guys in front of him haven't done him any favors. Suit up, Superstar.
Oh please- it takes very little knowledge whatsoever to understand that goal never should have happened.

I agree- the rest of the team isn't doing him any favors. But that doesn't get him off the hook for that sorry ass goal. I don't buy this "it's ok for one guy to suck as long as everyone else sucks too" mentality.

helmetguy
02-06-2010, 08:23 PM
You mean like the one Legace let in last night? Or the one Miller scored on himself last year? Don't bother posting a response, since I won't even see it. If I wanted to endure more nagging, I'd call my ex-wife. Midol didn't work for her, either.

RockStar36
02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I think you need some Midol helmetguy.

It's ok to admit that Lalime let in an awful goal and hasn't looked good tonight. Yes the rest of the team has been bad, but that doesn't excuse Lalime either.

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
You mean like the one Legace let in last night? Or the one Miller scored on himself last year? Don't bother posting a response, since I won't even see it. If I wanted to endure more nagging, I'd call my ex-wife. Midol didn't work for her, either.

I didn't see Legace's goal last night.

I saw Miller's last year, and that **** should NEVER happen. It was a huge mistake that a professional goaltender should never make.

I don't know why you are defending players for stupid, amateur mistakes.

Ebenezer
02-06-2010, 08:41 PM
LaLime is only signed through the end of the season...end the suspense and get rid of him now.

RockStar36
02-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm telling you guys, Biron is available and will be traded before the deadline. I read that Garth Snow promised him that much now that DiPietro is back.

They can easily grab Biron for the rest of the year. They need to do this.

Typ0
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
We are in the playoffs. Does Biron really make that much of a difference? So we lose a couple more games with LaLime. The only reason you pick up Biron is if you think he can still take you to the finals if Miller goes down or he's going to be on the team next year when the situation is different. If not I say it's not worth it we need a different player.

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 11:19 PM
We are in the playoffs. Does Biron really make that much of a difference? So we lose a couple more games with LaLime. The only reason you pick up Biron is if you think he can still take you to the finals if Miller goes down or he's going to be on the team next year when the situation is different. If not I say it's not worth it we need a different player.

or we could go for both. The "one mediocre transaction per trade deadline" rule is not from the NHL- it's self-imposed by the Sabres' FO.

Typ0
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
or we could go for both. The "one mediocre transaction per trade deadline" rule is not from the NHL- it's self-imposed by the Sabres' FO.

But what does Biron do for us?

OpIv37
02-06-2010, 11:51 PM
But what does Biron do for us?

gives us a chance to win when Miller needs a break. Lalime doesn't do that.

Typ0
02-07-2010, 07:26 AM

and what will that do for us in the grand scheme of things? Sure, if you buy tickets to that game it's good to have a chance to win but what will this do for our chances in the long run? Nothing.

chernobylwraiths
02-07-2010, 07:33 AM

this guy blows!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LCe85jLBfXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LCe85jLBfXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This guy too!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SDhkKxw_5do&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SDhkKxw_5do&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I can't believe this guy is allowed to play hockey!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_e7cFxrbP88&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_e7cFxrbP88&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ddaryl
02-07-2010, 07:53 AM
get Biron... The bottom line is he is better the Lalime

Novacane
02-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I am down on the Sabres and fine with *****ing about them but this thread is ridiculas.

If miller's not perfect, this team can't win

Remember saying that. It's true. Now Biron will solve that problem??

Be consistant. Lalime is far from the Sabres biggest need.

Typ0
02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
get Biron... The bottom line is he is better the Lalime

And I would say the same thing to you. You basically are saying we need a better guy to sit on the bench. I would agree only if we were stacked and Miller getting hurt was going to cost a chance at a championship that could be changed. But Miller is our chance at a championship he has to play lights out every night for us to go anywhere. You aren't going to have a goalie sitting in the bench that can do that there are too many jobs out there. It's late in the season. There is no reason to have Biron sitting on the bench at this time for the few more games he would play at a rent a player. Maybe they would make this move to try and get him here next season that is a different story.

Typ0
02-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Thank you. I can understand the philosophy of Goaltender depth going into a season but not at this point. Also, Ruff doesn't believe in that anyway he thinks you play the guy as much as you can to keep him on his toes. Would it be a nice luxury? sure. But not necessary.

I am down on the Sabres and fine with *****ing about them but this thread is ridiculas.

Remember saying that. It's true. Now Biron will solve that problem??

Be consistant. Lalime is far from the Sabres biggest need.

G Wolly
02-07-2010, 08:55 AM
You whine about a play that happens about once or twice a season. He should've known it would kick off the glass halfway around.

The others goals were actually his fault.

Ebenezer
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Biron's numbers:

the guy is 2-11-2 with a GAA of 3.22 and a Save% of .900. IF he were on this team with those numbers you guys would be rushing the arena to have him booted out of here.

btw, how do I make this look readable?

Player Team GP GS W L OT SA GA GAA Sv Sv% SO G A PIM TOI
1 Dwayne Roloson NYI 36 36 19 11 6 1099 100 2.82 999 .909 1 0 0 10 2,127:29
2 Rick Dipietro NYI 8 7 2 5 0 201 20 2.60 181 .900 1 0 1 2 461:52
3 Martin Biron NYI 17 15 2 11 2 508 51 3.22 457 .900 1 0 0 2 949:38

Typ0
02-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I've found the quickest and easiest way is to get the chart on your screen and take a screen shot. Paste it into paint and cut out the part you want. Save it as a jpeg and then use the picture in your document or this case upload it to the post.

Biron's numbers:

the guy is 2-11-2 with a GAA of 3.22 and a Save% of .900. IF he were on this team with those numbers you guys would be rushing the arena to have him booted out of here.

btw, how do I make this look readable?

Player Team GP GS W L OT SA GA GAA Sv Sv% SO G A PIM TOI
1 Dwayne Roloson NYI 36 36 19 11 6 1099 100 2.82 999 .909 1 0 0 10 2,127:29
2 Rick Dipietro NYI 8 7 2 5 0 201 20 2.60 181 .900 1 0 1 2 461:52
3 Martin Biron NYI 17 15 2 11 2 508 51 3.22 457 .900 1 0 0 2 949:38

Ebenezer
02-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I've found the quickest and easiest way is to get the chart on your screen and take a screen shot. Paste it into paint and cut out the part you want. Save it as a jpeg and then use the picture in your document or this case upload it to the post.
...thanks...was looking for some way to incorporate the page itself but that will work.

Ebenezer
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
this is how it should look:

Ebenezer
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
this is how it should look:
::: whatever

OpIv37
02-07-2010, 10:38 AM
You whine about a play that happens about once or twice a season. He should've known it would kick off the glass halfway around.

The others goals were actually his fault.

I really don't care how many times a season it happens. It SHOULDN'T ****ING HAPPEN. There is no excuse for it.

And for the record, it's not like Lalime has been great up until that play. It's the symptom of a larger problem. The guy had 2 or 3 solid games after that conditioning stint in the minors. Other than that, he's been inconsistent at best his entire time with the team.

Typ0
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM
...thanks...was looking for some way to incorporate the page itself but that will work.

You can copy and paste it into a wysywig like frontpage and play with it. It's all done in HTML though and helps to have some knowledge about that. The picture way is pretty darn easy and doesn't require the technical knowledge.

Typ0
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
::: whatever

Then you go get the link:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=14823&d=1265558879

and include it as an image from the web in your post :D.

Novacane
02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I really don't care how many times a season it happens. It SHOULDN'T ****ING HAPPEN. There is no excuse for it.

And for the record, it's not like Lalime has been great up until that play. It's the symptom of a larger problem. The guy had 2 or 3 solid games after that conditioning stint in the minors. Other than that, he's been inconsistent at best his entire time with the team.

How many backup goalies are great?

ddaryl
02-07-2010, 01:04 PM
And I would say the same thing to you. You basically are saying we need a better guy to sit on the bench. I would agree only if we were stacked and Miller getting hurt was going to cost a chance at a championship that could be changed. But Miller is our chance at a championship he has to play lights out every night for us to go anywhere. You aren't going to have a goalie sitting in the bench that can do that there are too many jobs out there. It's late in the season. There is no reason to have Biron sitting on the bench at this time for the few more games he would play at a rent a player. Maybe they would make this move to try and get him here next season that is a different story.

Lalime is a liability IMO, and Miller is playing too much too be at his sharpest. I disagree with the philosophy of over playing Miller. He needs to rest at least 20 - 30% of the games. Plus he is about to play an Olympic tournament. He'll be exhausted at the end of this IMO

plus I like Biron and he played well for us in the past

but overall the team needs more grittier forwards before a goalie, capable of winning more battles along the boards and keeping the puck tied up in the Offensive zone more often..

This team is missing pieces for a cup run this year, and I am predicitng a 1st rd possibly a 2nd rd exit from the playoffs.

So we can debate the moves but replacing Lalime would not be a bad thing if we are going to make a serious run this year.

OpIv37
02-07-2010, 01:09 PM
How many backup goalies are great?

poor choice of words on my part. He hasn't even been average.

G Wolly
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM

You should play a game of ice hockey as a goalie and then rethink your position.

OpIv37
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
You should play a game of ice hockey as a goalie and then rethink your position.

It would not make me change my position at all. It's an inexcusable mistake, period.

G Wolly
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
It would not make me change my position at all. It's an inexcusable mistake, period.

:stupid:

snow1989
02-08-2010, 03:34 AM
I'd agree with Op that Lalime has been a weak link, but NOT because of a fluke goal. If someone says he's slow moving from post to post...fine. If I'm told he doesn't move out far enough to cut down the angles...ok. If someone tells me he gives up too many 'fat' rebounds...I'm alright with it.

But purleeeeeease....don't hinge a judgement on a fluke goal....by that reasoning...Broduer, Giguere, Fuhr, Roy, Cheevers, Dryden - all stanley cup winners I believe? Should have been out to pasture by that analysis....

Slow post to post, bad angles, too many 'fat' rebounds......realistic reasons.

As far as Biron...he'd be a minimal upgrade after the way he's played this year, plus he still doesn't want to be relegated to being a definite back-up

rbochan
02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
...But purleeeeeease....don't hinge a judgement on a fluke goal....by that reasoning...Broduer, Giguere, Fuhr, Roy, Cheevers, Dryden - all stanley cup winners I believe? Should have been out to pasture by that analysis...

And... you know.... Miller...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIJom-tv6sw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIJom-tv6sw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OpIv37
02-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I'd agree with Op that Lalime has been a weak link, but NOT because of a fluke goal. If someone says he's slow moving from post to post...fine. If I'm told he doesn't move out far enough to cut down the angles...ok. If someone tells me he gives up too many 'fat' rebounds...I'm alright with it.

But purleeeeeease....don't hinge a judgement on a fluke goal....by that reasoning...Broduer, Giguere, Fuhr, Roy, Cheevers, Dryden - all stanley cup winners I believe? Should have been out to pasture by that analysis....

As far as Biron...he'd be a minimal upgrade after the way he's played this year, plus he still doesn't want to be relegated to being a definite back-up

:rolleyes:

Did you not read the post where I said it was symptomatic of a larger problem with Lalime?

Fluke goals should NEVER happen, but at least all those other guys you mentioned are GOOD. I can handle a fluke goal from time to time from a good goalkeeper.

But Lalime's not good. At best, he's inconsistent. And now he's letting in stupid fluke goals as well. The least he could do is keep his head in the game, but apparently that's too much to ask as well.

RockStar36
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM

He doesn't want to be a definite backup, which is why he chose NYI over BUF this last offseason.

But he signed a one year deal in New York and Garth Snow has basically promised him a trade now that DiPietro is back.

So trade for him for the rest of this season, and then let both walk at the end.