PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Morgan - Georiga Tech

mark1126
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I was surprised to see him have such a bad bowl game and Gailey knows him well..

01/11/2010 - 2009 BOWL GAME FALLER: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech: Iowa's stout offensive line held the ACC's top defender to three tackles, 0.5 for loss, as the Hawkeyes continued the Big Ten's successful bowl season with a 24-14 Orange Bowl win. Iowa LT Bryan Bulaga, could be on the risers list with his performance against Morgan and redshirt freshman RT Riley Reiff also kept the strong end at bay most of the night. Morgan hustled well and flashed the explosiveness scouts know he has; but he could not beat those bookend tackles with speed or bull rushes and fell down more often than not while trying spin moves. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

DraftBoy
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I dont think he makes it to #9.

Mad Bomber
02-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I dont think he makes it to #9.
I hope we don't draft him. I'd rather have Bulaga.

Prov401
02-06-2010, 08:13 PM
If we take him over McClain, I'd pretty much run over to my parents house, run into my old room, and slam the door...twice.

DraftBoy
02-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I hope we don't draft him. I'd rather have Bulaga.

Im not sure either way, Morgan could be a dominant OLB in the 3-4, I think a better prospect there than as a 4-3 DE, which is why I think Pioli takes him at the KC pick.

methos4ever
02-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Im not sure either way, Morgan could be a dominant OLB in the 3-4, I think a better prospect there than as a 4-3 DE, which is why I think Pioli takes him at the KC pick.
Didn't they just switch to the 3-4 though DB? And the just used a top 5-6 pick on Jackson last year to hold the fort as that 5 Tech in a 3-4?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for him to be there - I just figured Seattle for instance would go for him rather than KC.

DraftBoy
02-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Didn't they just switch to the 3-4 though DB? And the just used a top 5-6 pick on Jackson last year to hold the fort as that 5 Tech in a 3-4?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for him to be there - I just figured Seattle for instance would go for him rather than KC.

Kansas City did yes, and I dont project Morgan at 3-4 DE, I think he'll play 3-4 OLB if KC takes him, likely right outside of Jackson. Kansas City finished 31st in the league in sacks last year with only 16, they need to find a way to bring more pressure, which is why I see Morgan going there. Then they could have Tamba Hali and Derrick Morgan running free on the outside blitzing which would make them more formidable.

mark1126
02-07-2010, 12:48 PM
the point was when he went against a number one projected tackle, he bombed..

Don't Panic
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
If we take him over McClain, I'd pretty much run over to my parents house, run into my old room, and slam the door...twice.

I'm still laughing at this post and it's been a solid two minutes. Good stuff, TE.

I'll take they guy that stopped the coveted DE over the coveted DE, thank you.