PDA

View Full Version : Gailey must be watching tape on Pennington

Wittman21
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Gailey wants a mobile QB.....He watched the game years ago where Chad juked Eddie Robinson out of his shoes to score a TD....

Just remembered that play.....do you think Mitchell would have made that play?

Slim
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Gailey wants a mobile QB.....He watched the game years ago where Chad juked Eddie Robinson out of his shoes to score a TD....

Wasn't it London Fletcher?

Slim
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
BTW I had totally forgotten about Eddie Robinson.. That name is a blast from the past.

The Spaz
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Wasn't it London Fletcher?

No it was Robinson.

Yasgur's Farm
02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
No it was Robinson.Yup.

ChristopherWalken
02-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why Gailey would be watching tape of a journeyman QB well past his NFL prime.

Wittman21
02-08-2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=187596

patmoran2006
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why Gailey would be watching tape of a journeyman QB well past his NFL prime.

I reported that the Bills are going to be interested in looking at him. Some people like always will interpet that as me saying the Bills are going to sign him, though I never said that.

I spoke to a person, the same person that told me on January 26 the Bills were switching to a 3-4 defense and he told me that the Bills were interested in him as a possible short-term starter/mentor for a QB they would draft, or perhaps Brohm to develop.

I was told that someone, dont know if its Gailey, Nix of Whaley likes Pennington for the short term as he's a smart QB who wont turn the ball over and is very familar with the division.

(This is my opinion here based on things i've heard ---->) The Bills are going to acquire a vet this offseason via trade or FA. don't know who or when, but contrary to John Clayton and a few other reports, I do think Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick will have to fight for a roster spot.

Mahdi
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Pennington is no where near "mobile" and he has a very weak arm. He is accurate but he really could struggle in Buffalo in november and december and ONE day January.

Vick makes way more sense than Pennington. At least he can run when the weather is loopy.