• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Benson: "For the whole state"??

How many times did Tom Benson threaten to move the Saints because he couldn't get what he wanted?? Unreal.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Benson: "For the whole state"??

But he didn't. They guy could've packed it up whenever. They're still in NO and now the Lombardi Trophy is too.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Seeing another scumbag like Benson win a Super Bowl makes me sick. The only reason he kept the team in New Orleans was because he would have looked like the devil if he moved them AFTER Katrina.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Seeing another scumbag like Benson win a Super Bowl makes me sick. The only reason he kept the team in New Orleans was because he would have looked like the devil if he moved them AFTER Katrina.

100% correct

Actually he (on the sly) tried to move after Katrina (to San Antonio) and the commish had to sit him down and tell him the other owners wouldn't approve the move because of how bad it would look for the league.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          100% correct

Actually he (on the sly) tried to move after Katrina (to San Antonio) and the commish had to sit him down and tell him the other owners wouldn't approve the move because of how bad it would look for the league.
          He did? Wow! That makes him even more of a douchebag than I thought. Glad I wasn't the only one who wanted to punch him when I saw him on TV.
          Last edited by Michael82; 02-07-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

He did? Wow! That makes him even more of a douchebag than I thought. Glad I wasn't the only one who wanted to punch him when I saw him on TV.

yep. he did.

the city of San Antonio made a bid for him to move the team that he liked. he gave them a handshake to seal it too, but the league told him "absolutely not." Well technically they never even voted on it... so they didn't tell him no. The commissioner told him absolutely not and got the other owners on board. The league didn't want that type of publicity, so they cut it off before it happened.

as far as i know this is the only time in league history the league stopped a move.

It was sorta an openly talked about "rumor" that Oklahoma City was also trying to bid for the Saints at the time. So talks got to the point.. and Benson was so serious about moving that he had cities bidding for them before the league quashed it.
            Last edited by Ingtar33; 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
              Closet Bills Fan
              • Nov 2004

the main reason why they played in san antonio was the prospects of moving..... now they win and he's a saviour...... ugh

i'm fine with the saints winning, i am happy for brees, and some of the players, but now the benson love fest will never end in the bayou

j-e-t-s
              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                yep. he did.

the city of San Antonio made a bid for him to move the team that he liked. he gave them a handshake to seal it too, but the league told him "absolutely not." Well technically they never even voted on it... so they didn't tell him no. The commissioner told him absolutely not and got the other owners on board. The league didn't want that type of publicity, so they cut it off before it happened.

as far as i know this is the only time in league history the league stopped a move.

It was sorta an openly talked about "rumor" that Oklahoma City was also trying to bid for the Saints at the time. So talks got to the point.. and Benson was so serious about moving that he had cities bidding for them before the league quashed it.
                Thank You. I was just about to post the same. The guy is scum and acts like he's Mr. Saint. Oh, the irony.

Then again, remember the Mayflower trucks and Bob Irsay in 1984.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Thank You. I was just about to post the same. The guy is scum and acts like he's Mr. Saint. Oh, the irony.

Then again, remember the Mayflower trucks and Bob Irsay in 1984.
                  Then there is Art Modell. These scumbags make Ralph look really good.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    How many times did Tom Benson threaten to move the Saints because he couldn't get what he wanted?? Unreal.
                    I've been thinking the exact same thing man.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days
                      Then there is Art Modell. These scumbags make Ralph look really good.
                      Don't forget Bob Kraft was heading for Hartford before he decided Boston fans were the "greatest fans in the world."

PTR
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      4. All Religion should be taxed.
                      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                      6. F**k her gently.
                      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                        Don't forget Bob Kraft was heading for Hartford before he decided Boston fans were the "greatest fans in the world."

PTR
                        And the Patriots are the biggest bandwagoners of them all! Where were they before Brady and Belichick came to town?

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

And the Patriots are the biggest bandwagoners of them all! Where were they before Brady and Belichick came to town?
                          I've been on a Pats MB before (well, before they banned me), and more than half of them claim to have been fans since the 70's and 80's. They rattle off a couple of old QB names and poor seasons, and expect that the shut up the people who call them all bandwagon fans.

"Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR

he had signed a deal that would have had a 600 mil stadium being built, and he was going to move the team prior to any patriot Superbowl. he changed his mind because he didn't think the state of Connecticut would be able to open the stadium in time for the 2002 season.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Syderick
                              • Apr 2006

Or when Brady got hurt last year?
                              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X