PDA

View Full Version : Goodell thinking about banning 3pt stance?

Beebe's Kid
02-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100207/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_super_bowl_goodell)

I have to laugh reading this article... How about you get serious about banning steroids and HGH.

These guys are getting concussed so often, because the dudes hitting them are biologically enhanced. You read about how players are so much bigger and stronger...hmmm, that's funny, why is that? Evolution in the last 20 years?

I recall a poll of fans that was done a couple years back, and virtually no fans thought that the NFL had a steroid problem, while like 80% thought MLB did.

I guess maybe the NFL doesn't have a steroid "problem" because it has helped it gain a popularity greater than ever before.

Night Train
02-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Goodell isn't impressing me at all so far.

The dumb decision to move the Pro Bowl. The whole " Who Dat " greed powerplay with the Saints merchandise. Worrying more about preparing for the 2011 lockout than working to avoid it.

I could care less that he's from Jamestown and grew up a Bills fan. He'd side with the larger markets in a second to save his job and sell the small markets down the river.

Lousy Commissioner

Historian
02-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I think the jury is still out on him, but he does seem to have his priorities out of sync sometimes.

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
The "Who Dat" crap and the pro bowl move are pretty dumb moves IMO...

streetkings01
02-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Goodell is the worst thing to happen to football! Under his control the game has become more softer! He's trying too hard to have this game appeal to everyone else besides the people who actually love it.....like the real football fans!

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Goodell is the worst thing to happen to football! Under his control the game has become more softer! He's trying too hard to have this game appeal to everyone else besides the people who actually love it.....like the real football fans!

I think it has more to do with the million of $$$ owners spend on players... They are softeing the game up to maintain their investment into these "star" players

not to mention the insurance premiums on mulit-million $$$ contracts that would only be more expensive if they don't protect the players

Which of course is watering down the game for the fan and could cost the league more so in the long run.

Beebe's Kid
02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
What about the fact that the pressure on the players to succeed, along with the league turning the other cheek on PED's, has a bunch of super humans hitting each other with force equivalent to that of an auto wreck?

If there really is concern for the players, how about not letting them destroy their bodies with PED's? The reason is there is not real concern for the players. The bigger, faster, stronger they are, the more people watch. That equals more $. Now, they are starting to actually become dangerous, and the league is trying to alter the rules of the game, instead of taking the mega-black-eye associated with exposing the real issue.

This is a real pink elephant. The longer it is avoided, and ignored, the bigger problem it is going to present down the road.

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 10:42 AM
The "Who Dat" merchandise thing, love it or hate it, was brilliant from a business point of view.

Other than that he's been a mixed bag, I hate what he's done to the draft, making it a 4 day event.

Commissioner
02-08-2010, 11:14 AM
How can you get rid of the 3 point stance? That would completely change the game. That's ridiculous.

mikemac2001
02-08-2010, 11:16 AM
The "Who Dat" merchandise thing, love it or hate it, was brilliant from a business point of view.

Other than that he's been a mixed bag, I hate what he's done to the draft, making it a 4 day event.

i looked at draft schedule and forgot he changed it was so pissed whats the point to watch it

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I hate what he's done to the draft, making it a 4 day event.

Forgot about this move too..

I hate it myself. I use to love putzin around the house on Saturday keeping an eye on the draft all day long.

With it being on Thursday and Friday I probably won't watch much at all but to occasionally check in...

psubills62
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Four days? I thought it was "only" three - first round on Thursday, rounds 2 and 3 on Friday and 4-7 on Saturday? Did he make it even more stretched out?

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Four days? I thought it was "only" three - first round on Thursday, rounds 2 and 3 on Friday and 4-7 on Saturday? Did he make it even more stretched out?

I thought it was Thursday-Sunday but who the hell knows. The whole damn thing is irritating as hell.

Granted it will make a killing in the ratings, but still it pisses me off!

Northern Stampede
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
That has got to be the most ******ed thing I have heard yet. It's a basic football fundemental... It was like the first thing I learned when I started playing football... Wow...