PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills have inquired about Donovan McNabb!

Michael82
02-08-2010, 08:20 AM
If there is one day in the NFL year when we ought to be free of worrying about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles, it should be Super Bowl Sunday. Alas, such is not the case.

We've had reports today from ESPN folk who apparently have too much time on their hands, with their network not doing the game. Adam Schefter says teams have asked the Birds about all three of their quarterbacks and three teams have called about Michael Vick. Sal Paolantonio added that three teams -- Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo -- have had multiple conversations with the Eagles about Donovan McNabb.

If there is one day in the NFL year when we ought to be free of worrying about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles, it should be Super Bowl Sunday. Alas, such is not the case.

We've had reports today from ESPN folk who apparently have too much time on their hands, with their network not doing the game. Adam Schefter says teams have asked the Birds about all three of their quarterbacks and three teams have called about Michael Vick. Sal Paolantonio added that three teams -- Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo -- have had multiple conversations with the Eagles about Donovan McNabb.

Don't know the exact teams myself, but I understand there have been a lot of calls, many of them not about any QB in particular, just letting the Eagles know Team X is interested, should they look to deal any of their three. I'm also told nothing is anywhere close to happening, that all of the queries have been preliminary.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Lots_of_QB_Queries_for_Birds_Nothing_Close.html

The Spaz
02-08-2010, 08:24 AM
If McNabb becomes a Bill it would be awesome. Also you can say bye bye to TO!:up:

THRILLHO
02-08-2010, 08:24 AM
This feels like deja vu.....

Michael82
02-08-2010, 08:32 AM
If McNabb becomes a Bill it would be awesome. Also you can say bye bye to TO!:up:
Not true. This was from terrell owens' twitter the other day. It appears that they have become friends again....

terrellowens (http://twitter.com/terrellowens) Moves party chillin w/ D McNabb, his bro & his cuzzo!! 1:32 AM Feb 4th (http://twitter.com/terrellowens/status/8622368304)from MogoTXT (http://www.mogotxt.com/)

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm all for McNabb IF we are grooming his replacement behind him, but I would still go LT early in the draft before I take a QB... OR Take a QB at #9 and get back into the 1st to grab a LT

but the only way this works for us is if we are grooming a replacement behind him

G Wolly
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been a fan of Donovan since he was in Syracuse. If he came here, that would just be super.

Michael82
02-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm all for McNabb IF we are grooming his replacement behind him, but I would still go LT early in the draft before I take a QB... OR Take a QB at #9 and get back into the 1st to grab a LT

but the only way this works for us is if we are grooming a replacement behind him
I completely agree with everything you said. McNabb works to sell tickets, suites, merchandise and get the fans excited again. He could also groom Brohm and a rookie QB to take over when he's gone. But we still need to draft a new LT or trade for one sometime in the 1st day or two of the draft.

Mr. Pink
02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
If Cleveland is interested and the Eagles are interested in moving McNabb, that's where Donovan will end up.

Former Eagle GM Tom Heckert is Cleveland's new GM.

Teams generally try to help their former staff members out as much as possible and like to deal with people they know.

Hell, look at all the moves Mangini did with the Jets last year as an example.

elltrain22
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
McNabb in a Bills uni next year= lots of season tickets sold!!!

Michael82
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Exactly! I know it probably won't happen, but I could see Russ Brandon fighting hard for Buddy Nix to do this.

better days
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
If Cleveland is interested and the Eagles are interested in moving McNabb, that's where Donovan will end up.

Teams generally try to help their former staff members out as much as possible and like to deal with people they know.

Hell, look at all the moves Mangini did with the Jets last year as an example.That is because Mangini was the only one stupid enough to make those trades. Who do you thinks the Edwards trade helped the Browns or the Jets?

Michael82
That is because Mangini was the only one stupid enough to make those trades. Who do you thinks the Edwards trade helped the Browns or the Jets?
Exactly! Mangini helped his old team way too much. It was like he was still wearing green and white, even though he was fired!

psubills62

I would say in the case of Mangini and the Jets that the Jets tried to fleece their former staff members. And succeeded.

Mr. Pink
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
That is because Mangini was the only one stupid enough to make those trades. Who do you thinks the Edwards trade helped the Browns or the Jets?

Depends on who the Browns draft with the pick...

Edwards is not the receiver he was in 07. He's a guy who pouts, has bad hands and is mentally out to lunch during half the game.

If the Browns draft even an average NFL player with the pick they acquired from NY it's a wash.

Beebe's Kid
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I completely agree with everything you said. McNabb works to sell tickets, suites, merchandise and get the fans excited again. He could also groom Brohm and a rookie QB to take over when he's gone. But we still need to draft a new LT or trade for one sometime in the 1st day or two of the draft.

True, he does all of these things...but he also wins football games.

Beebe's Kid
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Also, for what it's worth, Vick says that McNabb is an excellent mentor.

justasportsfan
02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
see! Now thats both a football and a marketing move at the same time.

Cleve
02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Which seems to be the way this team limps from year to year. God forbid the Bills draft someone like a Peyton Manning to build the organization around and think long-term - let's instead hire an aging cast-off quarterback in his mid-30s who's past his prime and waste two or three years seasons until HE retires.

And let's do this JUST to give a pop from season ticket sales. :(. If they're going this route, why didn't they get someone like Farve who at least holds Superbowl gold? McNabb has an awful post-season record

The only way I'd be ok with this, is if we did both - draft that new Peyton Manning and get ready to phase out McDrab in a couple years. That won't happen though - this is the BILLS, and the marketing guys call the shots.

kernowboy
02-08-2010, 10:47 AM
If Denver go after Donovan McNabb does that mean

KYLE ORTON is available.

Personally McNabb is over the hill and always possibly like to throw his team mates under the bus ...

Personally I'd prefer Orton

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Which seems to be the way this team limps from year to year. God forbid the Bills draft someone like a Peyton Manning to build the organization around and think long-term - let's instead hire an aging cast-off quarterback in his mid-30s who's past his prime and waste two or three years seasons until HE retires.

And let's do this JUST to give a pop from season ticket sales. :(. If they're going this route, why didn't they get someone like Farve who at least holds Superbowl gold? McNabb has an awful post-season record

The only way I'd be ok with this, is if we did both - draft that new Peyton Manning and get ready to phase out McDrab in a couple years. That won't happen though - this is the BILLS, and the marketing guys call the shots.

I would think McNabb is another stop gap option. A 1-2 year QB who would play while we groom and mentor our rookie or whoever.

I would never accept McNabb as "the answer" only a temporary solution and then it would be a excellent move IMO.

McNabb can mentor Brohm and maybe even Edwards or we could draft a QB and let them sit behind Mcnabb for a year or 2

If we drafted a guy like Bradford or someone else it would be beneficial for him to ride the pine for aseaosn let his shoulder continue to heal and be groomed ot eventually take over.

Griff
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
If Denver go after Donovan McNabb does that mean

KYLE ORTON is available.

Personally McNabb is over the hill and always possibly like to throw his team mates under the bus ...

Personally I'd prefer Orton

Orton is underrated, he doesn't seem to have the things you look for in a franchise QB, but he seems to win more than he should.

kernowboy
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Here's a take on McNabb from WalterFootball. It reads like the Drew Bledsoe revisited

Donovan McNabb is a top-12 NFL quarterback, but he has fatal flaws that will likely keep him from ever winning a Super Bowl. He doesn't lead game-winning fourth-quarter drives; he tends to choke in big games; and he throws his teammates under the bus. The Eagles can still get value for McNabb, but that won't be the case next spring because he'll be a free agent. It's time for McNabb and the Eagles to go their separate ways.

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Ill take McNabb and draft a developmental project behind him who can sit for 2-3 years.

Cleve
02-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I would think McNabb is another stop gap option. A 1-2 year QB who would play while we groom and mentor our rookie or whoever.

Yeah, but that's my problem with it - if it happens, it will be yet another 'stop gap' move from the Front Office. The last 10-12 years have been defined by 'stop gap' hiring.

For contrast, how many 'stop gap' measures did the Saints employ, post-Katrina, in building a Super Bowl winning machine?

kernowboy
02-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Donovan McNabb move = Drew Bledsoe move?

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Donovan McNabb move = Drew Bledsoe move?

Not really, how many times did Bledsoe go to his conference championship game?

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but that's my problem with it - if it happens, it will be yet another 'stop gap' move from the Front Office. The last 10-12 years have been defined by 'stop gap' hiring.

For contrast, how many 'stop gap' measures did the Saints employ, post-Katrina, in building a Super Bowl winning machine?

and who do we draft that is going to be able ot help this team in 2010

we need a stop gap so we can groom a replacement

With Bledsoe we never had a replacement for grooming until we drafted Losman a few years later...

We have Brohm and Edwards who may or may not be salvageable, and/or we can draft a QB this year to work under McNabb for a year or 2

If they don't groom a replacement then yes it is more like a Bledsoe move.

Ron Burgundy
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Ill take McNabb and draft a developmental project behind him who can sit for 2-3 years.

Exactly. McNabb could start admirably in Buffalo for a couple of years.

He's not without his flaws, but he would be a fantastic addition and really take the burden off of the QB situation for a while.

Ed
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
If we could get McNabb that would give us more time to groom Brohm as his back-up/replacement. And if over the next couple years it doesn't appear that Brohm is making progress we could still draft a guy.

Of all the possible qb options that are out there and have been discussed, I think trading for McNabb would be my first choice. Keep Brohm, and invest all our draft picks in the OL and defense.

Bring back T.O. too. If T.O. and McNabb are in fact buddies and still hanging out, maybe T.O. realizes that McNabb was the best qb he played with and will encourage him to force a trade to Buffalo and want to return. This is probably unlikely, but I would be pretty excited for a McNabb/T.O. reunion in Buffalo.

Jeff1220
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
McNabb would be a fantastic move.

He's stop-gap, to allow a youngster to grow
He's win-now as well
He'd sell tickets

Honestly, there's not a much better move that could be made.

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 11:52 AM
If we could get McNabb that would give us more time to groom Brohm as his back-up/replacement. And if over the next couple years it doesn't appear that Brohm is making progress we could still draft a guy.

Of all the possible qb options that are out there and have been discussed, I think trading for McNabb would be my first choice. Keep Brohm, and invest all our draft picks in the OL and defense.

Bring back T.O. too. If T.O. and McNabb are in fact buddies and still hanging out, maybe T.O. realizes that McNabb was the best qb he played with and will encourage him to force a trade to Buffalo and want to return. This is probably unlikely, but I would be pretty excited for a McNabb/T.O. reunion in Buffalo.

Ya had me till you got to TO

TO does not give 100% 100% of of the time... I lost all tolerance for TO towards the end of last season when he couldn't even be bothered to try and break up an INT

better days
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM

I think it depends what they want for him. I would not give up more than a 3rd. Plus with McNabb the Bills will not go much further but just far enough that they will be drafting lower in the coming years, probably in the 18-25 range. It might be better to just let Brohm or whoever play & develop.

Don't Panic
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
This feels like deja vu.....

True, but it is something to talk about in the down time...

If we do this, I would hope it is for a 3rd but know it probably has to be a 2nd. That means we can still go LT at #9. It also means Trent should probably be gone and that Fitz will be our backup and Brohm our project.

I don't see it as a desperation move, but it is an attempt to speed the curve towards respectability, which has a chance of blowing up in our faces. He would need to want to come here of course...

THRILLHO
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
The best part about this is the fact that all the team names start with the letter "B". Otherwise, it is just another Cutler/Cowher rumor.

SABURZFAN
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
let's hope that The Old Fart isn't looking down the wrong side of the street like he claims that some of us fans are looking.

Nighthawk
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM

For the record, Modrak was the Director of Football Operations when McNabb was drafted and had a big say in him being picked.

This being said, I don't believe anything until it is reported as FACT.

Michael82
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
McNabb is a much better stopgap than Edwards! I'd love that much and then we can trade Edwards for whatever we can get. Draft a QB in the midrounds and keep Brohm to develop behind McNabb.

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
McNabb is a much better stopgap than Edwards! I'd love that much and then we can trade Edwards for whatever we can get. Draft a QB in the midrounds and keep Brohm to develop behind McNabb.

Send Edwards to Philly as a part of the deal they will need a backup if they get rid of both Mcnabb and Vick

Throw in Whitner Parrish and possibly Lynch to sweeten the deal

trapezeus
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
so mcnabb is routinely injured each season with a decent line in philly.

Why would he last more than 3 weeks in buffalo?

Not worth trading picks for. we already have our tackling dummies behind center. draft draft draft to get better.

Cleve
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Why would he last more than 3 weeks in buffalo?

Good point, Trap. If the Bills pass protection isn't hugely improved in 2010 vs 2009, no way does a middle-age QB last more than a handful of games.

justasportsfan
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Not sure if I'd take him over Vick.

jk

BertSquirtgum
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
i would get a soft boner if the bills were able to get donovon. i'm sure all the syracuse fans would like it as well. i also don't know though. he is pretty injury prone. i think vick might be a better option.

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
i think vick might be a better option.

:banghead:

BillsWin
02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd rather have Kolb than McNabb, but McNabb over Vick any day.

Please don't let it cost more than a second. McNabb isn't worth the ninth overall pick in the draft at this point in his career. Besides, that pick would be better suited for a left tackle.

TacklingDummy
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
LYNCH, Maybin, and Whitner for McNabb and a 2nd.

BillsWin
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Lynch and a fourth or fifth for McNabb would work in my opinion. They need a running back, and Lynch is just a few years removed from being a first round pick and one year removed from 1,000 yard season.

That's all it would take in my opinion.

Night Train
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Regardless, the " Edwards is our QB in 2010 " threads are looking baseless by the second.

The Bills are looking for a new starter.

BillsWin
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
1. Baluga
2. Terrence Cody (I think he slips)
3. LeFevour
4. Traded with Lynch for McNabb
5. LB help
6. Defensive depth
7. Defensive depth

:dance:

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Regardless, the " Edwards is our QB in 2010 " threads are looking baseless by the second.

The Bills are looking for a new starter.

I haven't seen one of those... was there one ?

WeAreArthurMoates
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
1. Baluga
2. Terrence Cody (I think he slips)
3. LeFevour
4. Traded with Lynch for McNabb
5. LB help
6. Defensive depth
7. Defensive depth

:dance:

This would absolutely be my idea offseason. And yes, I think Cody slips as well. Though the guy may eat himself out of the league like Mike Williams, Cody was something Fat Mike didn't have. Heart and toughness.

Wittman21
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Don't know the exact teams myself, but I understand there have been a lot of calls, many of them not about any QB in particular, just letting the Eagles know Team X is interested, should they look to deal any of their three. I'm also told nothing is anywhere close to happening, that all of the queries have been preliminary.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Lots_of_QB_Queries_for_Birds_Nothing_Close.html
What does McNabbs contract look like next year?

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
McNabb in his stage of his career is purely a pocket passer now. He doesn't look to run anymore so if we're to get McNabb, we better be able to protect him. If not then this is just another dumb move by the front office.

Joe Fo Sho
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
BRING HIM IN!!!

BillsWin
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
3,553 yards, 22 touchdowns to 10 interceptions and a 60% completion rate last season plus two rushing touchdowns. I would take that over anything we've had on this roster in quite sometime.

Since Bledsoe, no other QB has put up numbers like that for the Bills. Losman had 19 TD's to 13 INT's in 2006, but his performance on the field was more detrimental to the team than helpful most of the time.

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I dont want to bring in any kinda QB until we get our FCKIN offensive line situated. Its been TOO long since we've had a decent offensive line.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I think McNabb would come here...heck he played his college ball just down the thruway at Syracuse University.

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I think McNabb would come here...heck he played down the thruway at Syracuse.

Yea in a fckin dome.

HAMMER
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM
i would get a soft boner if the bills were able to get donovon. i'm sure all the syracuse fans would like it as well. i also don't know though. he is pretty injury prone. i think vick might be a better option.

What is a soft boner?

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:34 PM
What is a soft boner?

The reason why people get Viagra. For guys like him.

Jeff1220
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Yea in a fckin dome.

It's not like the Eagles play in frgn San Diego.

realdealryan
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

lol

But, seriously, the Eagles are SURELY going to get excited about reuniting Whitner and Jauron for another 1 interception every two years...............

mark1126
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I live in Phila, McNabb is horrible and is the beneficiary of Andy Reid. He would totally bomb in Buffalo and his attitude is bad and acts like he doesnt care all the time. The former players who retire and do sports talk show rip him to shreads. He always blames everyone for losses and never takes responsibility. He is not a leader and he pouts and sulks. His teammates in the locker room it is said do not respect him.

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
It's not like the Eagles play in frgn San Diego.

What does being near Syracuse have anything to do with wanting to play in Buffalo? Read between the lines. :blowup:

Jeff1220
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
What does being near Syracuse have anything to do with wanting to play in Buffalo? Read between the lines. :blowup:

I did read between the lines - You suggested that playing in Syracuse was a moot point to Buffalo because he played in a dome there (which would imply something negative about the combo of upstate NY weather and McNabb). I simply made the point that playing in a dome had no ill effect on him play in Philly, where bad, cold weather is also fairly common.
No need to :blowup:

kelly2reed4six
02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
The thought of McNabb as our QB kind of bothers me. The guy is not great at staying healthy, and we are still going to have a very young o-line next year. I cant see this guy making it a full 16 games if he's here.

better days
02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
I dont want to bring in any kinda QB until we get our FCKIN offensive line situated. Its been TOO long since we've had a decent offensive line.

Its been TOO long since we've had a decent QB.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I did read between the lines - You suggested that playing in Syracuse was a moot point to Buffalo because he played in a dome there (which would imply something negative about the combo of upstate NY weather and McNabb). I simply made the point that playing in a dome had no ill effect on him play in Philly, where bad, cold weather is also fairly common.
No need to :blowup:

So talk about him playing Philly where he played in a cold weather area. Why bring up Syracuse into this?
:busted:

Mudflap1
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/155951-teams-eyeing-eagles-qbs?eref=sihp

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
OK try looking at the post ABOVE this one. The one labeled McNabb.

Mudflap1
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I didn't see that it said "multiple", but now I do. Thanks for your smart ass reply though! Much appreciated! Maybe try being on this board for more than a couple of weeks before being too hyper critical...

justasportsfan
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
OK try looking at the post ABOVE this one. The one labeled McNabb.
this place would be so much more fun if you were a MOD . :up:

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
this place would be so much more fun if you were a MOD . :up:

You guys couldnt handle me. :cgal:

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I didn't see that it said "multiple", but now I do. Thanks for your smart ass reply though! Much appreciated! Maybe try being on this board for more than a couple of weeks before being too hyper critical...

Whats with the profanity?

HAMMER
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Whats with the profanity?

Don't be such A GAY, he said smart ass, hardly profane.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Don't be such A GAY, he said smart ass, hardly profane.

Got something against gay people? They're humans just like you and me. :nervous:

Bill Cody
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM

No

HAMMER
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Got something against gay people? They're humans just like you and me. :nervous:

No, as long as they keep their hands off me and I don't have to watch them kiss. Unless it is a couple hot lesbos, then I'm all for it.

Jeff1220
02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
So talk about him playing Philly where he played in a cold weather area. Why bring up Syracuse into this?
:busted:

Many Syracuse fans are Bills fans and vice verse. That's why it was brought up.

Nighthawk
02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
You guys couldnt handle me. :cgal:

Juice, what is with your venom towards others today?

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Many Syracuse fans are Bills fans and vice verse. That's why it was brought up.

OK so why couldnt he just say that? Wasnt too hard was it?

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Juice, what is with your venom towards others today?

I got no beef with anybody. Its obvious you guys got beef with me. :chuckle:

FlyingDutchman
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
just ignore this byrdstheword piss ant. hes obviously extremely bored while living in his mothers basement, so he needs to come here for human contact and entertainment. Judging by his people skills he doesnt have many friends, so just do what im sure the rest of the world does and ignore him at every level

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 09:28 PM
just ignore this byrdstheword piss ant. hes obviously extremely bored while living in his mothers basement, so he needs to come here for human contact and entertainment. Judging by his people skills he doesnt have many friends, so just do what im sure the rest of the world does and ignore him at every level

Yup i lack the people skills to make friends. Awww...what ever will i do.

Michael82
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Gut feeling...it makes too much sense for it not to happen.

1. Donovan McNabb will make this team better. He's a winner and has made the playoffs most of his career in Philly.

2. I'm pretty sure Tom Modrak was there when McNabb was drafted and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say in it.

3. After missing out on Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan and Jon Gruden, the Bills fans are upset. Russ Brandon knows that as COO, he will need some help to sell tickets and club seats. Bringing in a marquee name like McNabb would definitely do that!

4. It's a marketing dream! Donovan McNabb went to college in Syracuse and would help expand the Bills fan base out to Syracuse. He would attract some bigger companies to sponsor the Bills and buy suites/clubs. He would sell lots of jerseys and merchandise.

5. He's the perfect quarterback to start for a couple years and let him groom a rookie or younger veteran like Brohm.

Bravo82
02-10-2010, 10:46 AM
isn't this like the 3rd year in a row these McNabb rumors have surfaced? even if we did sign him it would be nothing more than a Bledsoe re-hash.

DraftBoy
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Gut feeling...it makes too much sense for it not to happen.

1. Donovan McNabb will make this team better. He's a winner and has made the playoffs most of his career in Philly.

2. I'm pretty sure Tom Modrak was there when McNabb was drafted and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say in it.

3. After missing out on Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan and Jon Gruden, the Bills fans are upset. Russ Brandon knows that as COO, he will need some help to sell tickets and club seats. Bringing in a marquee name like McNabb would definitely do that!

4. It's a marketing dream! Donovan McNabb went to college in Syracuse and would help expand the Bills fan base out to Syracuse. He would attract some bigger companies to sponsor the Bills and buy suites/clubs. He would sell lots of jerseys and merchandise.

5. He's the perfect quarterback to start for a couple years and let him groom a rookie or younger veteran like Brohm.

Whose upset? Even the most viral of pessimists last year are giving Gailey a fair shake.

People have concerns naturally but Im willing to bet Season Ticket sales aren't going to see huge declines.

The Natrix
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
How would it be a Bledsoe re-hash?

It would be DONOVAN MCNABB!

I say get it done. Perfect QB to groom a prospect or prospects under and I'm sure their a lot of desirable FAs who would want to come to Buffalo to play ball with McNabb.

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Whose upset? Even the most viral of pessimists last year are giving Gailey a fair shake.

People have concerns naturally but Im willing to bet Season Ticket sales aren't going to see huge declines.

I am not sure you will see huge declines, but people are not happy at all with the Chan hire.

better days
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM

I say get it done. Perfect QB to groom a prospect or prospects under and I'm sure their a lot of desirable FAs who would want to come to Buffalo to play ball with McNabb.

Getting a retread QB that will make the Bills marginally better for a short period of time. In other words spinning wheels & going nowhere.

DraftBoy
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I am not sure you will see huge declines, but people are not happy at all with the Chan hire.

And until you see noticeable declines, they aren't that unhappy. They are simply venting.

The unhappiness level Im talking about is like a 5-10% decrease in season ticket sales, that would be a pissed off fan base.

Michael82
02-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Exactly! :hi5:

Michael82
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM

You're talking about the fans on the message boards...those are the diehards. I'm talking about the extra people that live in Buffalo or Rochester and got seasons after TO signed last year. If we didn't make a big move (draft a QB in the first round or trade for McNabb), I could see the season tickets dropping by 10,000. They were over 55,000 last year.

jlruss90
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
we get mcnabb, do we then go best OT available?

jlruss90
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
in the draft i meant

G Wolly
02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Yup i lack the people skills to make friends. Awww...what ever will i do.

Grow up

Ed
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
So how much say would McNabb have in where he gets traded if it happens? I'm sure technically he doesn't really have any say, but I would assume that the Eagles would want to do right by him and at least send him somewhere he would be happy. Would he even want to come to the Bills? If winning a sb is his only goal right now, I can't imagine he sees Buffalo as a landing spot where that is possible.

I live in Denver and they were discussing McNabb on local radio yesterday and everyone seemed to love the idea of McNabb as a Bronco and figured they had the best chance to get him unless the Cards got into the mix. They haven't been rumored to show any interest though, yet. Considering McNabb has a home in Arizona and lives down the street from Wisenhut, and they're a playoff team with great WR's, I would think the Cards would be an ideal spot for him to end up.